DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 8, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #11,806 of 14,084

We do not try to change the sound. Software implementation does change the sound because of the affect on the CPU and other chips. What we do is try and understand why and correct what is changing the sound.

&
Quote:

Paul, are You working on DX100 successor?

I sincerely hope they do not come out a new product right away, before they finalize a final firmware for the DX90 as for DX50. What should have been the case when they are placed on the market. I have a DX90 I like a lot, but I had trouble understanding that we put on sale an unfinished product. Which is unfortunately too often the case. Normally, most of the research and optimization should be done upstream, especially with regard to sound transmission .. and then fix any software bug, or add new compatibility. But the sound should be perfect from the sale ... While on the other hand I can understand that time is money, it is still missing from ... But it is also a matter of priority. I am confident that perfectly optimized, the sound of DX90 might be blameless as the choice of the various elements seem "a priori" very good. But if the choice is made it is usually that one is able to make the best ... and not try to tweak later to understand the ins and outs ...
I have nothing against iBasso, far from it. Overall they proved that they were able to offer fairly good product and especially at descent prices. Monitoring product is currently also active and customer service seems highly tuned. And Ok, I'm a little excited (smiling). After all, it is necessary that the wheel turns and at this level of quality/price, it is not so dramatic to be joyful beta testers rather than frustrated customers. :wink:

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #11,807 of 14,084
^ All companies put out firmware updates to better their product, and the DX90 sounded great on release anyway, all the ibasso firmwares have sounded plenty good, I doubt anyone would complain with how things panned out for DX90, and the bugs have been minimal, I personally was never affected by any bugs on DX90. So I say bring on the DX100 successor.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #11,808 of 14,084
  ^ All companies put out firmware updates to better their product, and the DX90 sounded great on release anyway, all the ibasso firmwares have sounded plenty good, I doubt anyone would complain with how things panned out for DX90, and the bugs have been minimal, I personally was never affected by any bugs on DX90. So I say bring on the DX100 successor.

You are right. The DX90 sounded great on any firmware release. What bothers me a bit, it's just at the sound signature. As it changes from an update to another... is that it still has to be a lot of room. ... There has clearly (and Paul just honestly tell), a lack of understanding at the implementation level...

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #11,809 of 14,084
hi guys , i have a question

at the lurker FW read me text it says

Instruction For Firmware update:
[...]
7, delete the update.img.

is step 7 necessary ? i usually just leave the FW img in the dx90 folder-  is it bad ?

No problems to keep the image. The text above is the instruction that iBasso provides with their firmware. I don't put it into every archive with the firmware and put it there to minimize questions.

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #11,814 of 14,084

You are right. The DX90 sounded great on any firmware release. What bothers me a bit, it's just at the sound signature. As it changes from an update to another... is that it still has to be a lot of room. ... There has clearly (and Paul just honestly tell), a lack of understanding at the implementation level...

If I wasn't part of this forum I would never even think that the sound changed from FW to FW. It's only the comments that people wrote down here that made me aware of a possibility in change of sound.

In any case to me, the change is very slight bordering non existent.

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #11,817 of 14,084
Love the latest Lurker firmware. :)

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #11,819 of 14,084

full size SDXC and a microSD extender.these can be a 'temporary' remedy until the microSD get cheaper.

Dear well-learned head-fiers,i need someone to shed some light to a stiuation i'm in.I bought this combo.But for some reason I can't get the DX90 to detect the 256GB PNY card if I plug the extender straight into the microSD slot .I tested the extender with microSD slot out of my card readers and it works.It even allso work when i attach the extender+reader to the USB port using OTG function.Lots factory reset doesn't help either.Card is formatted with that  SDformatter tools,however my mac told me its still in exFAT.MY 128GB microSD also formatted with the tools (still in exFAT) but work flawless with DX90.Any idea at all guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back