DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 6, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #10,936 of 14,084
  Hai, I am new to this high ress audio world, my question is, i have downloaded this amazing albums of oldschool song, but the format is .opus, is there any ways i can play those music on my DX90? thanks before!

I do not think the DX90 supports this format, but I am not entirely sure either. The specification does not mention support for this format though.

In any case, you can simply convert your files to FLAC using any 3rd party converter. I am sure there are quite a few. That will work for sure. 

Happy listening!

Mar 7, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #10,939 of 14,084

hai! thanks for your reply! i read your profile, and you have 1964 v6 stage, is it good with DX90? i just looking forward to get an V^ too.., hehe..

Oh it's wonderful. I love it. The DX90 has been the best pairing for my V6 stage so far and I have tried quite a few DAPs already. 

This is excactly my opinion on DX90+V6S. At the moment I also have/use the X5 and a Pono player, for iems 1plus2 and RTi1 which are all pretty good. But the synergy of DX90+V6S is really amazing, match made in (audio) heaven!

@m3doel4: you'll be (more than) fine with this combination
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #10,940 of 14,084
  This is excactly my opinion on DX90+V6S. At the moment I also have/use the X5 and a Pono player, for iems 1plus2 and RTi1 which are all pretty good. But the synergy of DX90+V6S is really amazing, match made in (audio) heaven!

@m3doel4: you'll be (more than) fine with this combination
biggrin.gif

That is the fun of having a good line out. There are so many choices to enjoy.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 8, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #10,942 of 14,084
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 8, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #10,944 of 14,084
When I first got my DX90, the store did not have one on stock so they gave me their demo unit to use until their new stock came in.  The demo unit had 2.1.0 (if I remember right) installed.  They notified me last week that they now had the DX90 back in stock so I went there today to pick mine up and return their demo unit.  

Now the demo unit had naturally a few hours (mine and the store's) burnt-in on the unit already.  The new one had 0 (box was still sealed).  Even with the lack of burn-in, I'm finding that the 2.1.5 firmware gave this particular unit a much airier sound and better instrument separation.  The new unit out of the box sounded better than the burned-in demo unit!  

Am I imagining this or did the current firmware improve over the previous one that much?  If so, I can't wait for the new one to come out!

Burn-in cable is now attached and I've begun the process of burning this unit in. :)

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #10,945 of 14,084
Maybe burn in isn't always to the better. For instance I keep reading an item has become smoother after burn in. Often I don't want that! Considering everyone has their own favoured sound, and we all hear differently, any proven change would not necessary make for everyone to like it better.

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #10,946 of 14,084
That makes sense.  The newer unit isn't bettar across the board though.  I think the bass on the newer unit is a little less smooth.

I remember reading this asked before, but I couldn't find the answer, is it better to burn-in using the cable at max volume or at my actual preferred listening volume?

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #10,947 of 14,084
  When I first got my DX90, the store did not have one on stock so they gave me their demo unit to use until their new stock came in.  The demo unit had 2.1.0 (if I remember right) installed.  They notified me last week that they now had the DX90 back in stock so I went there today to pick mine up and return their demo unit.  

Now the demo unit had naturally a few hours (mine and the store's) burnt-in on the unit already.  The new one had 0 (box was still sealed).  Even with the lack of burn-in, I'm finding that the 2.1.5 firmware gave this particular unit a much airier sound and better instrument separation.  The new unit out of the box sounded better than the burned-in demo unit!  

Am I imagining this or did the current firmware improve over the previous one that much?  If so, I can't wait for the new one to come out!

Burn-in cable is now attached and I've begun the process of burning this unit in. :)

The sound changes with the FW. 

Maybe burn in isn't always to the better. For instance I keep reading an item has become smoother after burn in. Often I don't want that! Considering everyone has their own favoured sound, and we all hear differently, any proven change would not necessary make for everyone to like it better.

Keep buying a new DX90 and sell the older smooth one. :^)

Mar 8, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #10,949 of 14,084
Quick question on the Lurker firmware, it says:
to tell which version is running, go to Settings->Advanced->System Info and check theModel number. The modification version number (L0, L1 etc) is right after the actual model number (DX90).

My model number just says "DX90".  Which one should I get (L2 or L3)?  I can revert to stock at anytime using the firmware update instructions from Ibasso right?

Thanks!

Mar 8, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #10,950 of 14,084
Quick question on the Lurker firmware, it says:
[COLOR=333333]to tell which version is running, go to [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]Settings[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]->[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]Advanced[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]->[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]System Info[/COLOR][COLOR=333333] and check the[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]Model number[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]. The modification version number (L0, L1 etc) is right after the actual model number (DX90).
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]My model number just says "DX90".  Which one should I get (L2 or L3)?  I can revert to stock at anytime using the firmware update instructions from Ibasso right?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Thanks![/COLOR]

As far as sound goes they are the same. I think the only difference is the font, don't hold me to it! I have L3 on mine. You might want to hold off because the is a new fw coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back