DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Aug 24, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #7,951 of 14,084
just a question, i don't see it anywhere in the options, but does the dx90 support replaygain or would i have to switch to rockbox for that? replaygain is pretty important to me as i don't like having to change my volume from album to album, song to song. also how does the sound quality of rockbox compare to lurker's firmware?

Aug 24, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #7,952 of 14,084
It does not and iBasso have stated that they don't intend to support it

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #7,954 of 14,084
  well, that sucks. are there any solutions other than switching to rockbox for some sort of consistent volume across tracks?

Not that I know of. For myself, I don't want it. 

Rockbox seems to work good for a number of people and you can boot to the stock player in the DX90 or to the Rockbox. 

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #7,955 of 14,084
  Not that I know of. For myself, I don't want it. 

Rockbox seems to work good for a number of people and you can boot to the stock player in the DX90 or to the Rockbox. 

i just get really annoyed when i'm listening on shuffle and then a song just blasts my eardrums out, so replaygain is the only solution i know of. is the sound quality on rockbox drastically different from lurker's firmware? i know that rockbox only does 16/44 and doesn't do high res so that's also an issue.

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #7,957 of 14,084
Gotta ask, is iBasso ever gonna make a driver for windows 64 bit?  I really want to use the DX90 as a PC DAC but from what I last heard, it only works with 32 bit, correct?

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #7,958 of 14,084
Gotta ask, is iBasso ever gonna make a driver for windows 64 bit?  I really want to use the DX90 as a PC DAC but from what I last heard, it only works with 32 bit, correct?

Using the usb dac with windows 7 64 bit. You have to install the drivers and then disable signature drivers every time you boot.

There's like a .5 second delay so if you plan on watching movies on it you're going to have a bad time. It doesn't matter much for music though.

http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50&DX90_WindowsOS_USB-DAC_Driver_Beta2.zip

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #7,959 of 14,084
I asked them recently. It will be coming but another month or so. Otherwise, like above, just turn off the signatures and you can use it in 64bit for now. 

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #7,960 of 14,084
Very nice with the Pb2 balanced out to Sennheiser HD600

Here's a question - can the PB2 outputs balanced signal even when the input is unbalanced? given that the DX90 doesn't have a balanced output.

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #7,963 of 14,084
i just get really annoyed when i'm listening on shuffle and then a song just blasts my eardrums out, so replaygain is the only solution i know of. is the sound quality on rockbox drastically different from lurker's firmware? i know that rockbox only does 16/44 and doesn't do high res so that's also an issue.

Only way for you to find out is actually try it for yourself.

Aug 25, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #7,964 of 14,084
Using the usb dac with windows 7 64 bit. You have to install the drivers and then disable signature drivers every time you boot.

There's like a .5 second delay so if you plan on watching movies on it you're going to have a bad time. It doesn't matter much for music though.

http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50&DX90_WindowsOS_USB-DAC_Driver_Beta2.zip

I know some people have had success with getting the USB DAC working on 64 bit machines, but I've had no such luck after 3 reinstalls on my Windows 7 64 bit. Each time I went through all the steps others have followed to get it working, which include Disabling driver signature, setting "Code Signing for Device Drivers" to "Ignore", enabling "Test Mode" and signing all the device's system files.

I even see "This device is working properly" under the iBasso Mango HiFi Audio Device in my Device Manager, yet it's nowhere to be found in my playback device selection.

Aug 25, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #7,965 of 14,084
I know some people have had success with getting the USB DAC working on 64 bit machines, but I've had no such luck after 3 reinstalls on my Windows 7 64 bit. Each time I went through all the steps others have followed to get it working, which include Disabling driver signature, setting "Code Signing for Device Drivers" to "Ignore", enabling "Test Mode" and signing all the device's system files.

I even see "This device is working properly" under the iBasso Mango HiFi Audio Device in my Device Manager, yet it's nowhere to be found in my playback device selection.

So after you disabled signature enforcement you restarted and chose advance start up then boot with signature enforcement off? You have to boot from the advance start up every time or it wont work, or at least it's that way for me.

Also try disabling other sound drivers as they may interfere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back