DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 17, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #5,132 of 14,084
  Can't find download link in iBasso download page.
frown.gif

http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX90FirmwareV2.0.5.zip try this

May 17, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #5,133 of 14,084

It works well with Windows 8, so I presume with 8.1 won't be a problem.

Yep, as long as it is the 32-bit version of Windows

May 17, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #5,135 of 14,084
Wow that's one heck of an update. Usually each update fix only one or 2 issues tops. With this update, the FW is more polished than ever. I hope it doesn't change the SQ as seen on DX50 with each update.

May 17, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #5,136 of 14,084

Must be a defective unit contact iBasso and ask for a replacement.

Definitely. I went to the shop and had it replaced. Everything goes smoothly. Great player

May 17, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #5,138 of 14,084

Or maybe because there isn't enough mark-up to modify such a high-value-for-money DAP?   (no offence to Vinnie, but I really suspect it is this)

Or no such justifiable reason for a mod unlike the AK1xx players which were obviously flawed out of the box.

May 17, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #5,139 of 14,084
Ok, So it seems my computer hates the internal memory of the DX90, when I connect to my PC the dx90 shows up, but if I try copying something it always gets stuck at 2% and then my pc freezes until I disconnect the DX90.  So for any one that is having trouble with the internal memory just copy the update image to your SD card and, you will have to manually enter the recovery menu to update, while dx90 is off, hold down up volume button quickly followed by holding down power button, so that you are now holding both down, wait until dx90 boots into recovery mode, then select update from sd card, make sure power cable is plugged in.

May 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #5,140 of 14,084
  Ok, So it seems my computer hates the internal memory of the DX90, when I connect to my PC the dx90 shows up, but if I try copying something it always gets stuck at 2% and then my pc freezes until I disconnect the DX90.  So for any one that is having trouble with the internal memory just copy the update image to your SD card and, you will have to manually enter the recovery menu to update, while dx90 is off, hold down up volume button quickly followed by holding down power button, so that you are now holding both down, wait until dx90 boots into recovery mode, then select update from sd card, make sure power cable is plugged in.

I used the method of flashing firmware using the Rockusb method as @Mython posted earlier - worked like a charm and no copying of files nor factory reset as per ibasso suggested were required.

Enjoying the monster DX90 with Mullard M8100... sweet jesus this is really something quite spectacular... 

btw I find that when I switch using the menu to choose songs or by fast forwarding tracks, there can be a 1 second fade in effect 2-3 seconds into the music. I believe this is a bug with the software where the responsiveness of the hardware buttons are now a lot higher than that of the software's, or perhaps some sort of digital signal delay within the DX90? Changing the gapless settings made no difference. Also, as long as I dont change tracks when listening and just let it play there is no such bug.

May 17, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #5,141 of 14,084
  Ok, So it seems my computer hates the internal memory of the DX90, when I connect to my PC the dx90 shows up, but if I try copying something it always gets stuck at 2% and then my pc freezes until I disconnect the DX90.

I have the same issue. Are you running Windows 7 64 bit?
Thought it would be something unique to my system. Works fine with Windows 8.1 64 bit though.

May 17, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #5,143 of 14,084
  Jeez update has upped the quickness of the player hugely, reduced touch sensitivity and improved scrolling accuracy. But any one have any thoughts on whether the sound changed? I've been burning in my dx90 so its hard to say if the changes are from the extra 25 hours burn in iv'e done since last listen, but i'm hearing a smoother less aggressive sound with much less layering and imaging. Sound has become kinda flat, whereas before it felt like the bass was behind me, singer was in middle of my head, and treble was floating on top of my head. I also feel like micro detail and tonality has taken a negative hit... I preferred how my dx90 sounded before the update 
confused_face.gif
 I feel like the dx90 lost a few of its trademark sound characteristics. Is it just me?

I'm also using 8.1 64 bit lol.

I hear the changes too... 

May 17, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #5,144 of 14,084
Can someone explain what is the digital filter option? What are the differences between sharp and slow roll off settings?

Wow, I am impressed I thought they would never make it available. The DAC has a programmable option where you can have it's bypass filter either go smoothly off bands or cut off sharply. That's what this option is about, you have to experiment with music having either very high of very low frequency response to appreciate and set. One more items to play with if you prefer. :wink:

May 17, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #5,145 of 14,084
Hello all,
This was my biggest fear! Sound changes each time firmware is updated. This was the biggest problem with the DX50! I have never had this problem with any other device that has firmware updates? I am so happy with the sound of 2.0 that I am not going to update to the new version. This is rediculous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back