DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 16, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #5,086 of 14,084
Just for the benefit of others who may need this information, here is the solution mentioned above:

[rule](from iBasso).

Please format the DX90 in FAT32 format.
The following is the batchtool, you can use it to fully format the DX90 and reload the firmware.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX90-tools.zip

I didnt add the instruction into it.  So, please refer to the instruction in the DX50's batch tool.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/RKbatchtool_for_DX50.zip

The following is the DX90's firmware.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX90V2.0.0Apr7th.zip

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

[rule]

Hope this helps anyone who needs it, and thanks to pOOB73 and Samuel777 for relaying the information  :beerchug:

This is only meant for device recovery in case the internal storage has accidentally been reformatted in the wrong format and can't be detected by your PC any more. It's not meant as a way to update your device as the process/USB drivers are somewhat flakey. I'm also not sure that this tool is meant to be public, as it's causing confusion and leads to problems if used incorrectly. The firmware linked is the one pre-installed on all DX90, so if your internal storage is fine, there' no need to reflash it.

May 16, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #5,089 of 14,084
Kojaku kobiconn would be the best choice though, agree?

It would be, but kobiconn jacks take up considerably more space than TRRS jacks. Plus there'd be less cutting involved with TRRS, because the ight jack could just be mounted externally or even replace the Coax/line-out.

Kojaku

May 16, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #5,091 of 14,084
May 16, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #5,092 of 14,084
Wah wah.

Kojaku

I think there are some talented DIYers in China would do the job.
Let just sit there and wait.
wink.gif

May 16, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #5,093 of 14,084
Well...Vinnie just responded to me saying that he's busy and that he might be able to make the time, but he needs to know that at least 10 people would be interested in the mod so that demand could be justified.

Could OP please add a list of interest in DX90 Balanced mod? I need it to convince Vinnie.

Kojaku

May 16, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #5,094 of 14,084
Well...Vinnie just responded to me saying that he's busy and that he might be able to make the time, but he needs to know that at least 10 people would be interested in the mod so that demand could be justified.

Could OP please add a list of interest in DX90 Balanced mod? I need it to convince Vinnie.

Kojaku

Add me one the list. I think most of the people on this thread would be more or less interested
wink.gif

May 16, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #5,095 of 14,084

Kojaku

He just replied saying the same thing to me.

Add me to the list :)

May 16, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #5,096 of 14,084
This is only meant for device recovery in case the internal storage has accidentally been reformatted in the wrong format and can't be detected by your PC any more. It's not meant as a way to update your device as the process/USB drivers are somewhat flakey. I'm also not sure that this tool is meant to be public, as it's causing confusion and leads to problems if used incorrectly. The firmware linked is the one pre-installed on all DX90, so if your internal storage is fine, there' no need to reflash it.

Oh I feel like an idiot now lol.
Is version 2.0.0 the latest one? I can't find any firmware updates on ibasso so I just wanted to make sure.

May 16, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #5,097 of 14,084
The 3.5 mm TRRS connector seems to be a better choice, that would allow him to swap the SE version for this one. I am wondering how he'd wire the extra connections internally though. I would hope for a clean wiring job. Obviously, it would require circuit changes in order to achieve the 180 degree signal shift. Really wondering if he'd be able to cram that much more components in there. Sure enough even though we know Vinnie has the skills, I don't know if I'd venture a sample because if it does not work then what?

May 16, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #5,100 of 14,084
The 3.5 mm TRRS connector seems to be a better choice, that would allow him to swap the SE version for this one. I am wondering how he'd wire the extra connections internally though. I would hope for a clean wiring job. Obviously, it would require circuit changes in order to achieve the 180 degree signal shift. Really wondering if he'd be able to cram that much more components in there. Sure enough even though we know Vinnie has the skills, I don't know if I'd venture a sample because if it does not work then what?

Nobody is asking you to sample, just for a commitment to mod once/if he is able to do it.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back