DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 5, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #1,921 of 14,084
hey jamato, does your phrase of "excellent dynamics" also include being uncompressed? I mean the compression of dynamics in dx50 making them soft.
besides, have you noticed any roll-off in the treble region? does dx90 have a properly extended treble (like the latest sony's)?

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #1,923 of 14,084
Tuesday, April the 8th will be fine
wink_face.gif

Apr 5, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #1,925 of 14,084
  hey jamato, does your phrase of "excellent dynamics" also include being uncompressed? I mean the compression of dynamics in dx50 making them soft.
besides, have you noticed any roll-off in the treble region? does dx90 have a properly extended treble (like the latest sony's)?

If the music is compressed, I hear compression, if it isn't and well recorded the sound is not compressed, it is dynamic and fast. What I meant before is that the dynamics are not constrained to, lets say, the main performer, instrument. The dynamics of the lesser players also holds true and you have music within music. You have all the emotion that is often reserved for the best home systems or "good" live music, as I have heard plenty of bad live music. 

I feel that the DX90 will be known as a fun, exciting player and at the same time, a truthful player, what more can you ask for.. . . well we always want more seems to be human nature but I think this DAP will tame some of that desire. . . . . . for a while . lol 

Apr 5, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #1,926 of 14,084
Does it sound 'hi-fi' or natural?  (I know that sounds weird, but I hope you know what I mean)

I love the space and air of the DX100s presentation, but it can sometimes sound a bit more hi-fi than truly natural. Like it's etching lots of detail in uber-high relief, rather than just playing the recording in its most natural state.

Of course, the HM-801 might go a little too far the other way
regular_smile .gif

Apr 5, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #1,927 of 14,084
  Does it sound 'hi-fi' or natural?  (I know that sounds weird, but I hope you know what I mean)

I love the space and air of the DX100s presentation, but it can sometimes sound a bit more hi-fi than truly natural. Like it's etching lots of detail in uber-high relief, rather than just playing the recording in its most natural state.

Of course, the HM-801 might go a little too far the other way
regular_smile .gif

Somewhere in the middle would be perfect choice for dap I believe.

I honestly enjoy natural sound, very musical and joyful. On the other hand sometimes I just wish more clarity and more micro details, bringing the ultimate black space between the instruments and providing lots of air.

So if we go through Hifiman again, I guess somewhere between HM901 and HM802 would be cool. I can happily live with HM802 sound signature honestly but as I said, only sometimes I demand for more hifi sound than the musical organic rich presentation.

Apr 5, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #1,928 of 14,084

Somewhere in the middle would be perfect choice for dap I believe.

I honestly enjoy natural sound, very musical and joyful. On the other hand sometimes I just wish more clarity and more micro details, bringing the ultimate black space between the instruments and providing lots of air.

So if we go through Hifiman again, I guess somewhere between HM901 and HM802 would be cool. I can happily live with HM802 sound signature honestly but as I said, only sometimes I demand for more hifi sound than the musical organic rich presentation.

I have a suspicion that M might be in the middle ground.

I hope so, and I also hope the same for the DX90

Apr 5, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #1,929 of 14,084
I realize these aren't available yet, but does anybody know if these will ship out with a case or Silicon Soft Skin Cover ?

Apr 5, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #1,930 of 14,084
  I realize these aren't available yet, but does anybody know if these will ship out with a case or Silicon Soft Skin Cover ?

Silicon skin included

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #1,933 of 14,084
I would suggest that nobody buy the dx90 until jamato8 writes his review.

Or at least until I place my order...

smily_headphones1.gif

I hear that iBasso's servers will crash and loose all your orders if you order within the first day. Your credit card/paypal info will be compromised.
Don't worry, just wait until I tell you that it works. I'll test the ordering process for you then report back.
beerchug.gif

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #1,934 of 14,084
:evil: Evil :evil:

Lol

I hear that iBasso's servers will crash and loose all your orders if you order within the first day. Your credit card/paypal info will be compromised.
Don't worry, just wait until I tell you that it works. I'll test the ordering process for you then report back.
:beerchug:

That sounds serious, can I give you my PayPal login info for you to buy me one?
:)

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #1,935 of 14,084

Users who are viewing this thread

Back