DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Sep 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #391 of 1,212
  For the record: Ibasso DAPs don't have bugs, they only have randomly generated, undocumented features. 

biggrin.gif

LOL, that's Microsoft!

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #392 of 1,212
I think I have a faulty unit... :[
Computer will not recognize my DX50 if I plug it in when it's off.
For some reason it'll recognize it only when I plug in my DX50 when it's on.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #394 of 1,212
  I think I have a faulty unit... :[
Computer will not recognize my DX50 if I plug it in when it's off.
For some reason it'll recognize it only when I plug in my DX50 when it's on.

Anyone else experiencing this?

That's normal, powered off it will charge only.  Powered on, then plugged in it will be recognized as USB mass storage device(s)

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #395 of 1,212
Ok, finally reloaded all my music after 1.1.6 update, the DX50 has had about 80 hours burn in.  Listening with UE18 pro CIEM, the DX50 is better than any main stream DAP eg iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S4, it also exceeds Sony NZ1070 for sure from the headphone out.
However being compared against the DX100 it comes up short in terms of soundstage, layering, PRAT, details etc.  For times where I need a DAP to last longer than 7 hours or where the DX100 won't fit I will use the DX50 but it make me work harder to follow the music compared to the DX100.  I have to strain my brain to sort out the details.

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #396 of 1,212
  Ok, finally reloaded all my music after 1.1.6 update, the DX50 has had about 80 hours burn in.  Listening with UE18 pro CIEM, the DX50 is better than any main stream DAP eg iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S4, it also exceeds Sony NZ1070 for sure from the headphone out.
However being compared against the DX100 it comes up short in terms of soundstage, layering, PRAT, details etc.  For times where I need a DAP to last longer than 7 hours or where the DX100 won't fit I will use the DX50 but it make me work harder to follow the music compared to the DX100.  I have to strain my brain to sort out the details.

really? I don't have to do that with my  clip+ or sony xperia sola android phone.

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #397 of 1,212
That's compared to the DX100 where all the details and layering are just in place, the DX50 doesn't do it as well so I have to follow the music with my brain to sort out where everything should be.  Less relaxed listening, With the NZ1070 for example I wouldn't have even heard the subtleties and details :)

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #399 of 1,212

I also have zero issues with my Clip+ and I ripped my music 16/44.1 FLAC so it could play on any device.  I am thinking I may be better off getting an amp for my Clip+.

believe me, it won't be better. it's a fine little player for 30$ but nothing more. even some cellphones sound better, not to mention hi-fi-ish dedicated DAPS

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #400 of 1,212

believe me, it won't be better. it's a fine little player for 30$ but nothing more. even some cellphones sound better, not to mention hi-fi-ish dedicated DAPS

I have an extremely high-end 2-channel/HT system and I feel confident that I have above average critical ears.  I realize the Clip+ is a very good value at $30 and not the last word in resolution; however, it is reliable and the Stock/Rockbox UI work with no unexpected surprises.  Maybe after everyone has finished Beta testing the X3 and DX50 I can decide on one and move up to a better player.  I am just dumfounded when I read about volume going up on its own, have to re-rip files, not having the library scan without difficulties, and not having an Artist/Album view.

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #401 of 1,212

I have an extremely high-end 2-channel/HT system and I feel confident that I have above average critical ears.  I realize the Clip+ is a very good value at $30 and not the last word in resolution; however, it is reliable and the Stock/Rockbox UI work with no unexpected surprises.  Maybe after everyone has finished Beta testing the X3 and DX50 I can decide on one and move up to a better player.  I am just dumfounded when I read about volume going up on its own, have to re-rip files, not having the library scan without difficulties, and not having an Artist/Album view.

yeah My Clip+ is rockboxed and it only froze once (had some weird cue files and nonexistent hidden files in the directory that made it happen) in 2 years. it sounds ok and is a really good "beater" DAP for most of iems. I also realize that all these BUGs (especially the ones in the first DX50 firmware) are ridiculous but somehow, it is a common knowledge around here that these thing are essentially beta products and won't come out perfect from the get go. though they will be corrected in the end, it still is annoying.

You must ask yourself - are you patient enough to put up with them in their current state or not :)

Sep 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #402 of 1,212
  yeah My Clip+ is rockboxed and it only froze once (had some weird cue files and nonexistent hidden files in the directory that made it happen) in 2 years. it sounds ok and is a really good "beater" DAP for most of iems. I also realize that all these BUGs (especially the ones in the first DX50 firmware) are ridiculous but somehow, it is a common knowledge around here that these thing are essentially beta products and won't come out perfect from the get go. though they will be corrected in the end, it still is annoying.

You must ask yourself - are you patient enough to put up with them in their current state or not :)

Your assessment pretty much sums it up and I am fighting the urge to not wait.

Sep 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #404 of 1,212
I've been reading the threads for the the latest somewhat inexpensive daps and have no problem waiting. This is to replace my ipod classic when the hard drive finally kicks it. :)

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #405 of 1,212

iBasso got back to me and said they had not heard of our issue before, so if you could email them and explain exactly what happens to you as I and a few other have, the more feedback they get the better chance of them narrowing down the issue. they seemed to think my volume button got stuck on the casing, but it clearly didn't.

Email sent to iBasso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back