DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Sep 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #376 of 1,212
I decided to do a factory reset before the update and now....well it' has been formatting the cache for five minutes now :)
Let's see when I will be able to do the update.

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #377 of 1,212
I had that - got bored after 5mins and powered it off....powered on and then it took me to Home screen.
I have now done a factory reset....wheres its now stopped at the iBasso Audion start screen again
I made sure i removed the 64gb card before starting this whole process

I got bored too after about 10 minutes. Forced shut down restarted, did a factory reset and it was updated showing the most recent version.

Suits me Lol. :wink:

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #378 of 1,212
Has anyone had the screen go blank after removing the USB from the PC?
I plugged into the PC - deleted the .img file (now on 1.1.6) - removed the USB gracefully via Windows - screen gone dark...and now completely unresponsive. I can see a glow in the sides of the glass, so I know its on - just that it wont respond to button presses. On reflection, I have had this happen a few times.
Needs to be powered off and on again to get it to wake up

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #379 of 1,212
Interesting....I seem to have lost all the Album artwork now.

Think I'll delete everything, factory reset and reinstall the update

Lucky I have my DX100 to fall back on, otherwise I would be rather annoyed !

OK.... No 64GB installed, Everything on 8GB deleted, Factory reset, New .img file downloaded and copied over to DX50 root, "system update"

Seems to have stopped at "Find and check firmware"....not sure why as that is the only file on it.
I'll plug in the power and leave it while I go to lunch....

Well...back at my desk....still looking for that elusive firmware
Force reboot....now updating

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #381 of 1,212
  When I'm going up and down volume finding the right listening level, on two occasions the volume has gone mental and started increasing in segments on it's own getting louder and louder, when it does this I have no control over the volume buttons and the touch screen becomes unresponsive afterwards, I'm left no choice but to rip the headphone jack out as it keeps increasing to full I imagine, the only way to bring it back to normal regaining volume  control and touch screen is by rebooting. 

Anyone else had their volume go crazy on them?

It has happened to me a few times, it only seems to happen when I unlock the player to change the volume without using the power button to activate the screen. So far it has not happened if I activate the screen with the power button after unlocking the player.

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #382 of 1,212
  It has happened to me a few times, it only seems to happen when I unlock the player to change the volume without using the power button to activate the screen. So far it has not happened if I activate the screen with the power button after unlocking the player.

iBasso got back to me and said they had not heard of our issue before, so if you could email them and explain exactly what happens to you as I and a few other have, the more feedback they get the better chance of them narrowing down the issue. they seemed to think my volume button got stuck on the casing, but it clearly didn't.

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #383 of 1,212
  Interesting....I seem to have lost all the Album artwork now.

Think I'll delete everything, factory reset and reinstall the update

Lucky I have my DX100 to fall back on, otherwise I would be rather annoyed !

OK.... No 64GB installed, Everything on 8GB deleted, Factory reset, New .img file downloaded and copied over to DX50 root, "system update"

Seems to have stopped at "Find and check firmware"....not sure why as that is the only file on it.
I'll plug in the power and leave it while I go to lunch....

Before you wipe it, try loading up a track and see if the artwork is displayed after playback - my DX100 sometimes develops that surprise feature.

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #384 of 1,212
For the record: Ibasso DAPs don't have bugs, they only have randomly generated, undocumented features. 

biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #385 of 1,212

Before you wipe it, try loading up a track and see if the artwork is displayed after playback - my DX100 sometimes develops that surprise feature.

No it didnt - i tried with a few different tracks

Sep 18, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #387 of 1,212
Head-Fi newbie here, I would be laughing my head off at my new DX50 if I hadn't actually paid money for it.
I got the 3rd batch...FW 1.1.5 came already installed. 
Dumped a bunch of files onto a 8GB micro SD. The DAP recognises them fine as far as I can tell. I haven't gotten to any problem with missed files because of what actually happens when I attempt to play a song:

The player plays the song at about 8-20 times normal speed and the only noise in the IEMs is an awful high pitched screech...kind of like a bunch of angry chipmunks is the best way I can describe it.

I have wiped the DX50 several times, I have reformatted the card every concievable way...same issue.

Logged the problem with iBasso, waiting for a response. I can be patient.

I laugh because I bought my first of many DAPs in 2002, a lovely little iRiver it was. And the drag and drop worked perfectly and the thing just played...I can't believe 11 years later a wannabe-serious audio firm can't get this right.

Decyphering the Japanese-only menus on my Sony NW-A867 is way more fun...at least it plays music while I do it. 

Sep 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #388 of 1,212
  Head-Fi newbie here, I would be laughing my head off at my new DX50 if I hadn't actually paid money for it.
I got the 3rd batch...FW 1.1.5 came already installed. 
Dumped a bunch of files onto a 8GB micro SD. The DAP recognises them fine as far as I can tell. I haven't gotten to any problem with missed files because of what actually happens when I attempt to play a song:

The player plays the song at about 8-20 times normal speed and the only noise in the IEMs is an awful high pitched screech...kind of like a bunch of angry chipmunks is the best way I can describe it.

Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet. 

Can you tell us a bit about the files you transferred to the DX50? Format, sample rate, tags, etc?

Sep 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #389 of 1,212
Cheers, thanks for your reply.

So I'm a complete non-tech as far as this hobby goes. I confess I know nothing about tags, though from reading these pages tags seem to be a big deal.

Format - mixture of flac and mp3 (320 kps)
Sample rate seems to be mainly 16/44.1

Aha - just had a reply from iBasso 10min ago:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.1.6.zip
This is the new firmware.  It should able to solve your problems. Please update it.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sep 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #390 of 1,212
  I had it on USB power not in the PC
I plugged in the power while it was still in the hung state...as I didnt know how long that was going to stay that way.
It then went into the loop...I then removed the power and that caused it to complain about missing USB power...which broke the loop

Glad it was something as simple as not having USB plugged in, as has been mentioned in the forum previously. It probably has nothing to do with the quality of iBasso's update, but more to do with the idiosyncrasies of the licensed CPU/OS they have chosen for the DX50 MP3 player.  

Thanks for posting your confirmation of previous observed behavior.  Now. we all rEALLY know to charge the battery first and then do the update when the unit is not plugged into USB OTG/PC/Mac/charger/and any other kind of USB that you can think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back