DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Sep 12, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #136 of 1,212
  Tried it, it is very interestingly implemented (Recovery Menu), when you touch the co-axial output jack with your headphone connector, the menu gets highlighted and goes down on each attempt, when you flip hold switch the selection goes upward, pressing power button activates it, I tried rebooting this way and it worked well.

That is very interesting!

Sep 12, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #137 of 1,212
  Tried it, it is very interestingly implemented (Recovery Menu), when you touch the co-axial output jack with your headphone connector, the menu gets highlighted and goes down on each attempt, when you flip hold switch the selection goes upward, pressing power button activates it, I tried rebooting this way and it worked well.

That looks Android-ish....not that that is a bad thing. 

Sep 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #138 of 1,212

They told me "We will also complete the recovery on the next firmware update."

Sep 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #139 of 1,212

That looks Android-ish....not that that is a bad thing. 

As I said in the other thread, the DX50 firmware is based on Android (
http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/ibasso-dx50-appreciation-thread-2nd-batch-shipped/555#post_9787084)

I believe Rockship provides an Android SDK to create image (rkimage) compatible with their CPU, and iBasso used those sdk images as a base to create the DX50 firmware, but almost every Android libs has been removed, their isn't any APK left, and the player (mango player) was created from scratch.

I might try to modify / create a new player but I'm waiting for the new firmware to have backup solution in case I do something wrong :wink:

Sep 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #140 of 1,212
Got my unit today. Can't play any files. I am using ALAC and WAV ripped through Itunes on Mac. Very disappointed. I guess, I am going to stick with my RWAK100 and return this one.

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #145 of 1,212
Emai I got.....

Hi,

Just to inform you that we uploaded the firmware. http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.1.5.zip

SincerelyiBasso Audio

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #147 of 1,212
I wouldn't have a clue unless there are instructions either

Plus I'm currently viewing from my phone as well so won't be able to download it for a while yet

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #148 of 1,212
  Instruction For Firmware upgrade:
1, extract the zip file, and copy the update.img into the DX50;
2, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears after the DX50 has the update.img inside);
3, click OK to start the firmware update;
4, after the firmware update completed, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX50;
5, delete the update.img.

Bugs Rectified:
1, unable to play music that folder name or file name has the symbol ';
2, intermittent channels reversed bug;
3, display and play hidden file, that lead to system frozen

Functions Added:
1, Genre added;
2, thumbnail album artwork preview in Album;
3, play all funcction (when select a track on All Music, all tracks will be added to the Now Playing)

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #150 of 1,212
I thought I had just bricked mine. The update itself seemed to have gone through properly, but I never got the option to factory reset. The main screen restored for a second and then went back to the basic ibasso load screen, flickered a little occasionally and nothing else. I eventually reset it, removed the battery etc. with no luck. So I followed the suggestions on the previous page on how to break into recovery mode and reset from there, that did the trick.

Reprinting here to save time in case anyone else runs into the same issue:

1, press and hold both of the power button and the Vol + button for 5 seconds, then release it.
2, you will entry the blue recovery mode.
3, you can use your 3.5mm headphone jack to touch the coaxial jack and flick the hold switch to operate on this recovery mode.
4, select the wipe date/factory reset (click the power button to select)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back