DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 30, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #3,166 of 3,609
Quote:
..... j u s t  c a n t...... t a k e  m u c h...... m o r e   o f   t h i s   t h r e a d......

...... u n s u b r i b e d   t i l l  Sep 6......

Don't worry, we can all PM you each time we post
tongue.gif

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #3,168 of 3,609
Very good indeed. 
Just wondering though, does iBasso read Head-Fi threads about their products? 

You'd assume so, since they read Sorensiim's post and created the DX50:)

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #3,169 of 3,609
Here's question for you all:

Some external firewire harddrives have two firewire sockets - one to connect to a computer, and the other to allow a second external harddrive to join the party, like a daisy-chain configuration. The computer sees the daisy-chained drive as a seperate drive but exactly as usable as if you'd plugged it directly into the computer instead of hitching a ride on the first drive.

Have any of you ever seen this with a USB external harddrive?

Where I'm going with this is that I'm wondering if it's possible to use a USB hub adaptor with USB-OTG and plug in more than one USB flashmemory stick.

I realise it's pushing the envelope a bit, and probably won't work due to the USB-OTG implementation not being 'intelligent' enough, but I'm just curious, at this point, and would welcome any insight from folks...

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #3,171 of 3,609
Exactly, but some other people mentioned otherwise. iBasso should create a Head-Fi account to help customers.

That'd be troublesome for them, having to constantly check Head-Fi for questions, F5ing every ten seconds, whilst they could be patching up the DX50 and getting them shipped sooner, as opposed to later. :p

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #3,172 of 3,609
That'd be troublesome for them, having to constantly check Head-Fi for questions, F5ing every ten seconds, whilst they could be patching up the DX50 and getting them shipped sooner, as opposed to later. :p
True, but if 1 person did that I don't suppose that it would affect them so much?

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #3,173 of 3,609
Here's question for you all:

Some external firewire harddrives have two firewire sockets - one to connect to a computer, and the other to allow a second external harddrive to join the party, like a daisy-chain configuration. The computer sees the daisy-chained drive as a seperate drive but exactly as usable as if you'd plugged it directly into the computer instead of hitching a ride on the first drive.

Have any of you ever seen this with a USB external harddrive?

Where I'm going with this is that I'm wondering if it's possible to use a USB hub adaptor with USB-OTG and plug in more than one USB flashmemory stick.

I realise it's pushing the envelope a bit, and probably won't work due to the USB-OTG implementation not being 'intelligent' enough, but I'm just curious, at this point, and would welcome any insight from folks...

I thought about it but I don't think the dap has enough brain to see all those drives as separate ones like a PC USB. Kind a wonder what it will see first though if it sees anything.

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #3,174 of 3,609
True, but if 1 person did that I don't suppose that it would affect them so much?

I'm sure we all know it's not just going to be just ONE person. They're going to get PM'ed for discounts and deals.

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #3,175 of 3,609
I finally ordered a DX50 at mp4Audio.
I really hope they get their crap together and answer my email. They also need to update their DX50 product page...

Oh well...now I paid 299€ for this thing. Is it worth one more year of warranty? Maybe.
If you look at the prices they are asking for on their website they could be a bit faster :/

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #3,177 of 3,609
Maybe I havent looked good enough but I haven't found if the 24/96 support is for all lossless formats.
Many times support up to 24/96 is claimed but often it's only on WAV format and the rest is only 16/44.1.

Did someone found this out already?

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #3,178 of 3,609
Quote:
Maybe I havent looked good enough but I haven't found if the 24/96 support is for all lossless formats.
Many times support up to 24/96 is claimed but often it's only on WAV format and the rest is only 16/44.1.

Did someone found this out already?

24/192 in all formats according to their website, so 24/96 is not a problem.

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #3,179 of 3,609
Quote:
24/192 in all formats according to their website, so 24/96 is not a problem.

I see just this...

Main Features
- Bit Perfect, Support up to 24bit/192kHz
- Audio Formats supported : APE, FLAC, WAV... enz.

I bought other players with those specs but they usually only support 24/192 or even 24/96 on WAV.
I won't fall for that trickery no more.

... not that I really expect I will hear the difference...

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #3,180 of 3,609
I'm not sure which devices you've tried claiming 24/192 capability but of my three DAPs capable of 24bit playback, all three play FLAC, ALAC and WAV lossless. One is iBasso's DX100 so cannot imagine the DX50 is crippled to play only WAV. I guess we will soon know for sure.

I know some devices could not play ALAC lossless. Initially, the AK100 could not but this was fixed with a FW update.

I did not realise "many" devices claiming 24/192 could only play WAV files other than the Tera Player. Which other ones do you refer to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back