DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #2,836 of 3,609
Just got a confirmation email that I'll be in the second shipment. 
size]
 What is the date for that shipment?

Aug 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #2,840 of 3,609
Quote:

lol i see you already listed DX50 as your portable although it hasn't arrived yet... someone is very anxious 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #2,842 of 3,609
Quote:
I have a feeling that even if I write a reply you people won't read it anyway. but here's a hint - look at the iBasso size, they have lots of interesting info there, including shipping dates. I'm not trying to be an
ass here but attention deficit should have its limits...

My apologies. Dates change. People here get emails with newer information than is sometimes indicated on a website. 

I don't mean add useless meaningless information to the thread. 

Aug 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #2,843 of 3,609
Quote:

More excited over it than any other head-fi gear so far. Not even the DX100 excited me that much back then.

lol i am tempted to pull the trigger too... looks alot nicer than the X3.. i'm barely hanging on waiting for some reviews 

Aug 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #2,845 of 3,609
The people on this site truly amaze me. It's funny how multiple people have compared the X3 and AK100, and found the X3 at least on par...before you even consider the AK100's outrageous OI. Yet many here are so quick to say "that's impossible! The AK100 costs several of money more than the X3."

Then enter the iBasso DX50, an entity no one outside of iBasso hq has heard. It is based on the same chipset as the X3, with a less powerful amp section. Yet it is fully expected to be on par with the AK100. And don't give me tht implementation nonsense. An i7 is an i7 no matter what system it's placed in. Plus Fiio has managed to extract the same amount of technical performance from the 8740 as both AKs as evidenced by the SNR, THD, etc linked to in an earlier post here.

Back to lurking.

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #2,846 of 3,609
Quote:
The people on this site truly amaze me. It's funny how multiple people have compared the X3 and AK100, and found the X3 at least on par...before you even consider the AK100's outrageous OI. Yet many here are so quick to say "that's impossible! The AK100 costs several of money more than the X3."

Then enter the iBasso DX50, an entity no one outside of iBasso hq has heard. It is based on the same chipset as the X3, with a less powerful amp section. Yet it is fully expected to be on par with the AK100. And don't give me tht implementation nonsense. An i7 is an i7 no matter what system it's placed in. Plus Fiio has managed to extract the same amount of technical performance from the 8740 as both AKs as evidenced by the SNR, THD, etc linked to in an earlier post here.

Back to lurking.

less powerful? I thought it was a bit more powerful compared to the x3...
I agree on the implementation - implementation is quite important, but not merely as important as the components that are to be implemented... but there is one thing - the wolfson chip here is regarded as a flagship DAC so yeah :D

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #2,849 of 3,609
Aug 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #2,850 of 3,609
Quote:
How can you judge the amp when no ones heard it? Ibasso don't even give the full details of it on their website.

You_Don%27t_Say.jpg

Quote:
less powerful? I thought it was a bit more powerful compared to the x3...

The X3 put out over half of a watt at 16 ohms. That's half a watt of clean power in a portable device smaller than an iphone 4. Let's see the DX50 match that. 

I frankly don't care about either device. My ipod classic and iphone 4 are fantastic for my purposes. I can add the Tralucent T1 I have on loan from time to time if I need more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back