DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Jul 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #1,096 of 3,609
Quote:

It's not easy getting there though. On a plus note I'll be demoing a tera player as well sometime this week. Will have it for a few months :). So will be nice to see how it compares to the AK120. I still have no intention on paying $2,300 for it. That was a "terable" decision on Charles part :wink:.

Hmm terra player can only play back .wav format music?! and there's no IPS screen, that going for 840euros is rather steep imo.

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,097 of 3,609
Quote:
Hmm terra player can only play back .wav format music?! and there's no IPS screen, that going for 840euros is rather steep imo.

It was 840 euros now it is double or something like that. That 840 euros is already a double of first price btw and he didn't change anything since the beginning except doubling the price 2 times. He must be drinking a lot of German beer if you ask me.

I have no problem with TP's quality but asking that much is just insane. It deserves a lot of money but not as much as Charles thinks.

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #1,098 of 3,609
Quote:
It was 840 euros now it is double or something like that. That 840 euros is already a double of first price btw and he didn't change anything since the beginning except doubling the price 2 times. He must be drinking a lot of German beer if you ask me.

I have no problem with TP's quality but asking that much is just insane. It deserves a lot of money but not as much as Charles thinks.

Well i'm on his page but I don't see a place to make payment for the tera player. has he stopped selling it? Just to make things clear, i've never tried the tera player, so i'm in no position to comment on the SQ. Felt it was really expensive though.

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #1,099 of 3,609
Quote:

Well i'm on his page but I don't see a place to make payment for the tera player. has he stopped selling it? Just to make things clear, i've never tried the tera player, so i'm in no position to comment on the SQ. Felt it was really expensive though.

It's supposedly one of the best sounding DAPs out there. Now weather or not it is worth $1,300 or 2,300 for that matter is on you :p.

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #1,100 of 3,609
Quote:

You can find a lot of discussions in here, just search Tera Player in the forums. I prefer keep this thread for DX50.

Last time I remember he was still making and selling but he had announced starting with July1 the price will go up. I was interested but when I heard that second doubling the price I lost my interest.

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #1,102 of 3,609
Quote:
Well i'd definitely get a dx50 if the price is right. Probably wait for a couple of reviews before i decide if i get dx100 or 50 :)

Also consider HDP R10 too, it is Japanese edition of DX100 and there are many people who prefer R10 to standart DX100. It has some different components in it like OPA627. Also plaback time is increased too, around 12 hours.

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #1,104 of 3,609
Quote:
Also consider HDP R10 too, it is Japanese edition of DX100 and there are many people who prefer R10 to standart DX100. It has some different components in it like OPA627. Also plaback time is increased too, around 12 hours.

+1

With the Yen being so low, importing them is becoming more and more reasonable...

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #1,105 of 3,609
Quote:
All this is a matter of perspective and usage. I find no interest in the X3 to this point.

Tthe DX50 will be interesting to me only if it is as good as the DX100 with iems, because today I find the AK120 at least as good as the DX100 with iems, not even mentioning all the other advantages. The X5 was announced way to early IMO. By the end of the year, Astel Kern will already have the AK140 and AK160 out...who will wait for soooo long ?

Maybe people who don't want to pay 2k for a portable player?

Just a thought, being that we're in a thread full of people waiting on the DX50 because many of us don't want to spend over $800 to get the DX100.

Jul 10, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #1,109 of 3,609
Affordable to everyone to me means 200-300
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back