DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Jul 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #1,306 of 3,609
It's been said that absence makes the heart grow fonder.....

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #1,307 of 3,609
In reality, it's more likely that (DAP) absence makes the head-fier heart grow fungus!

wink_face.gif

Quote:
It's been said that absence makes the heart grow fonder.....

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #1,308 of 3,609
Quote:
Be patient young apprentices, "Soon" the "Power" will be upon us.

DX50 (in my humble opinion) if executed well (SQ & operating software wise), will be a better hit than the DX100 (and I am sure ibasso is aware of this).

A source indicated, that they are giving the DX50 their most important resources to bring it to the market on time, but I hope they do not rush with it, being alpha or beta stage.

I prefer to have a late almost perfect product, than the other way, would you agree with me?

As almost everybody indicated , DX50 will be the "DAP" for CIEM & IEM.

Edit.......that until the Fiio X5 arrives to the party...
biggrin.gif

They can take 6 more months as long as they able to match the AK120 for half the price, I'm in.

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #1,309 of 3,609
They can take 6 more months as long as they able to match the AK120 for half the price, I'm in.

Wishful thinking but I'm with you.

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #1,310 of 3,609
Quote:
I h@te you lee......for your honesty.

But you could be wrong.....

For me , having smaller footprint, replaceable battery, physical buttons, might make it better as a whole package compared to the DX100,  and this makes my day...take that.

lol. :).

I agree on the smaller footprint and battery life. Not so sure on the sound quality though compared to the DX100. I was referring to the AK120 though in my above post to kc :p.

It's always the suspense that gets people on these threads. I can remember the first X3 thread (filled with hopes and dreams of vaporware) and then when they canceled it thus for my little joke earlier on.

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #1,311 of 3,609
Quote:
Vapor ware is something that doesn't really exist. I do not think this is the case here. 

I'm aware and I'd like to believe that DX50 is good to go in our hands, but so far we have literally nothing, except one render photo and some specs. Not even price is known and all that gives me reason to be a bit sceptic. OK, but I won't spoil good moods here anymore.

I feel better already
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #1,312 of 3,609
Quote:

Wishful thinking but I'm with you.

Errm.... I don't think it's excessively wishful actually. I'm not saying I absolutely think the DX50 will match/beat the AK120 in terms of SQ, but neither would I be particularly surprised if it did.    iBasso are more than up to the task, if they're inclined to compete with it. We still don't know what price-point the DX50 will be, and of course that's the big joker in the pack in terms of how much chance it has of competing with whatever DAP.

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #1,313 of 3,609
If it sounds near as good as a burnt in D42, and it is excellent IMO, it will be a killer. Here's hoping and waiting. 

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #1,315 of 3,609
Quote:
I'd be surprised if it sounds as good as the D42, it's a dual dac, this one is only one.

Has it ever really been proven that two DACs are audibly better than one?

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #1,316 of 3,609
Quote:
Has it ever really been proven that two DACs are audibly better than one?

Well I owned the RWA AK100 which had 1 DAC and the AK120 which has two. The RWA AK100 doesn't even compare IMO. So I'm a believer and in part its not just the two DACs but how they are implemented. The only way you'll truly know it to try for yourself instead of speculating.

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #1,318 of 3,609
Well I owned the RWA AK100 which had 1 DAC and the AK120 which has two. The RWA AK100 doesn't even compare IMO. So I'm a believer and in part its not just the two DACs but how they are implemented. The only way you'll truly know it to try for yourself instead of speculating.

So you are saying the AK120 sounds better than the RWAK100?

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #1,319 of 3,609
Quote:
So you are saying the AK120 sounds better than the RWAK100?

Of course I'm saying that lol. I owned both. I found the Studio V 3rd ANV to sound better than the RWA AK100. I find the AK120 to sound noticeably better than the Studio V. Using DSD files the AK120 destroys the Tera player and DX100 in comparison. I have a Tera player with me to confirm this. I'm not being modest about (I generally find modesty to be misleading) it just giving my honest opinion. :wink:

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #1,320 of 3,609
Of course I'm saying that lol. I owned both. I found the Studio V 3rd ANV to sound better than the RWA AK100. I find the AK120 to sound noticeably better than the Studio V. Using DSD files the AK120 destroys the Tera player and DX100 in comparison. I have a Tera player with me to confirm this. I'm not being modest about (I generally find modesty to be misleading) it just giving my honest opinion. :wink:

Thanks, a quality I truly appreciate. I have been mulling over the different versions of AK100s and the AK120. My feeling without haven't listened to any and with the majority of reviews and comments, it points to the AK120 as the best dap to own at this time. Would you agree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back