DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #3,092 of 3,609
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221102868100

Ultimately, I will make up a dedicated cable. For now, I would like to try out some of my existing RCA-terminated ones...

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #3,094 of 3,609
Quote:
Has iBasso confirmed that the delay is caused by the external housing of the DX50? When the notice said the "case" was delayed, I assumed that meant the carrying pouch. In fact, they may even have meant the presentation box.

This is the most important point, as I said before, if there is a problem with the external case it means that the device hasn't been assembled yet? I assume the whole process, assembling, quality control...etc. won't take two or three days a bit longer I think.

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #3,095 of 3,609
Quote:

This is the most important point, as I said before, if there is a problem with the external case it means that the device hasn't been assembled yet? I assume the whole process, assembling, quality control...etc. won't take two or three days a bit longer I think.

Could be the pouch... though someone mentioned earlier that he/she confirmed with iBasso it is the unit's external case, maybe sth lost in translation?  Anyway, a few more days till we see it.....

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #3,096 of 3,609
Could be the pouch... though someone mentioned earlier that he/she confirmed with iBasso it is the unit's external case, maybe sth lost in translation?  Anyway, a few more days till we see it.....
You guys lack imagination. iBasso is actually also a detective agency called "The Unit". They are now on a touchy external case and cannot possible send the daps before solving this case.

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #3,097 of 3,609
Quote:
You guys lack imagination. iBasso is actually also a detective agency called "The Unit". They are now on a touchy external case and cannot possible send the daps before solving this case.

LOL 
size]

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #3,098 of 3,609

If that is the case The Unit might struggle with our case including encasing our Unit before shipping to us. Just in case you forgot they hold all our preorder money, in any case this should be their priority.

Aug 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #3,099 of 3,609
Quote:

Of course I'd rather wait. I just feel that ibasso mislead people with a legitimate launch when in fact they didn't have the cases ready. Again, if this is not correct please let me know. 

I tend to think they had all the parts ready for assembly, accepted orders, began assembly, then discovered the issue.  But of course we are both speculating...

Aug 29, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #3,101 of 3,609
Quote:
What adapter did you buy? I'm looking for a proper cable.

If I wanted to connect the DX50 to my home stereo amp, I would need either:

--3.5mm ---> RCA coax x 2 (left and right channel)

or

--3.5mm ---> XLR male x 2 (left and right channel)

So my questions are:

1.  Is the 3.5mm jack required for the DX50 a TS or a TRS (2-pole or 3-pole)?
2.  Will the scenario above work?  3.5mm to left and right separate connectors, whether RCA coax or XLR?
3.  Or is the DX50's coax output only meant to be to a single connection output to another DAC

Aug 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #3,102 of 3,609
Quote:
If I wanted to connect the DX50 to my home stereo amp, I would need either:

--3.5mm ---> RCA coax x 2 (left and right channel)

or

--3.5mm ---> XLR male x 2 (left and right channel)

So my questions are:

1.  Is the 3.5mm jack required for the DX50 a TS or a TRS (2-pole or 3-pole)?
2.  Will the scenario above work?  3.5mm to left and right separate connectors, whether RCA coax or XLR?
3.  Or is the DX50's coax output only meant to be to a single connection output to another DAC

The mini coaxial spdif output is a digital transport, you need a 3.5mm to RCA cable (this is not really readily available, need to make one or have some cable guy make you one).....this is to output the digital data directly of the music.....so you would be connecting this to some receiver/preamp or DAC to feed to your home stereo.

The other option is a line out where you use the DX50's DAC and run that to your amplifier.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #3,104 of 3,609
Quote:
I wonder if the pouch will have a hook on it, it would make it a lot easier to carry around for those of us without pockets.

Without pockets?
I don't think they will consider such a minority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back