DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #2,731 of 3,609
Quote:
Yeah, I'm not one to pull the trigger on gear that isn't testing or even out yet.

This is the most sensible post I've read here in a long time. What happens if one doesnt like the product, we ship it back to Japan? What happens if flaws come in the way, is their any warranty?
I didnt like the the Sony PHA-1, but it was sent back to me because box was damaged (lithium ion) during transit.

BTW, whats the warranty like on the DX50?

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #2,733 of 3,609
Quote:
This is the most sensible post I've read here in a long time. What happens if one doesnt like the product, we ship it back to Japan? What happens if flaws come in the way, is their any warranty?
I didnt like the the Sony PHA-1, but it was sent back to me because box was damaged (lithium ion) during transit.

BTW, whats the warranty like on the DX50?

the guarantee is their reputation :)

we just send it back to china...

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #2,734 of 3,609
Quote:
I can't wait for the reviews to come in, might give me the push to place an order, i really hope someone will review it as is with no external amp with a pair of Sig Pro or Th600.

I can help with the TH600, as long, as the DX50 will really be shipped tomorrow. Have the TH600 at home. Together with the ESW11LTD, they are at the moment my favorite headphones.

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #2,735 of 3,609

Until a few years ago before internet reviews, most purchases were made without reviews. You purchased based on looks, features, price/value, and so on. Oh, and reputation!!!! I think ibasso has sufficient of that to assume it will be worth their asking price. Had it been $700 like the AK100 it would have made some sense to wait. And even that device had a hidden timebomb.

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #2,736 of 3,609
Dieing to see reviews. Will there be headfier can do some battery tests with USB OTG function? That feature made me seriously want this dap but even with the hot swappable battery life, I am still worried how long it will stay. I will use it on to go, not on the desk so more than 10 hours could be really good. If I could do with less than 10, I would buy DX100 already anyway.

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #2,738 of 3,609
I don't have an external HDD but I cam test it with my patriot rage usb flash drive. it is a special kind of usb drive, really fast for usb 2.0 standard but also very energy consuming compared to normal flash drives.

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #2,739 of 3,609
anyone has the DX100? I'm curious on the build quality, e.g- does the plastic/aluminium skin peels off, does dusts get inside the screen, etc.
Might reflect how the build quality is on the DX50, i'm not so happy with the build quality of the X3.

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #2,745 of 3,609
How can I understand which external hard drives are consuming a lot of energy and which ones are using less?

Well, any SSD will use less energy compared to HDD and the less the diamater of the HDD is the less energy it will require. so if two HDD have different physical sizes (2.5 VS. 3 inches) the smaller one will drain less energy. also there are some HDD that are double drives and those too will require more energy compared to single drives... also you can just google it:-D

looking at the same DAC..8740, wouldn't you guys think that it will sound the same as fiio x3?
DAC is the same but everything else is different. AMP section for example will be one of those things that will play a huge role in how these DAPs sound...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back