DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Dec 13, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #1,096 of 1,444
We all seem to feel the same about the DX320MAX—the best of the best. I said it in my official review, it's arguably the best portable DAP to have been released.

I've never been more inspired to listen to music, and that says a lot. I don't have a constant drive or need to listen to music, which makes me kind of an oddball in this hobby.

For anyone who hasn't tried already, if you have headphones that won't get unbearably loud, max out your volume wheel and decrease the gain to the "desirable" level. By doing this, you unlock a hidden gem that I've yet to see anyone else bring up; at the maxed out position, you are listening to the unrestricted signal path. In other words, it's the purest audio signal you can get out of the DX320MAX, as there are no active resistors in the signal path. The only way to achieve this is by maxing out the volume wheel, as it's an analog design "feature". It has magical powers, I've never heard a setting that changes the sound by this much!!

If anyone is still in doubt, take a look at the illustration I've made for iBasso's in-house developed stepped attenuator (position 1 = maxed out volume wheel):
i-Basso-stepped-attenuator-3.png

Dec 13, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #1,097 of 1,444
This DAP doesn’t need any additional amplifications as far as my concern. However, to spices things up a bit more, I can see a properly done and adequate portable amplifiers can be desirable.

I often plug my 320Max into my 300B amplifier to run my 800s. Yeah, there are improvements and fidelity to gain, but to just plug into the max and carry it all around with me and this level of performances ? It was a dream, and now I have it. I am actually surprised by it each and every time I plug 800S directly into it and listen to it

Still Bare and Bone stock, not even a screw were unscrewed. I love the 320Max Ti just too much. I have considerably downsized!! Thanks to 320Max Ti

I am too!!! Very curious about when the new amplifier from Ibasso would be released! It would be nice to see it having friendly battery replaceable config similar to 320Max
Yes I’m also looking forward to trying the new tube amp that will match the DAP and see how it will spice up things! The DAP is my favorite for driving headphones and I’ve tried most.

Dec 13, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #1,098 of 1,444
Some people complain about a stepped attenuator…..that as pure as signal going to get as well as channel separation.

Dec 14, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #1,099 of 1,444
I'm not really either an audio electronics expert or an audiophile. I spread my music listening hours with other activities (and can't really listen to music while I work), plus the partner needs chat and interaction too! :ksc75smile:. I've not had many DAPs, as I've only been into this hobby since the pandemic and you good people have helped me discover it. I will say the DX300 Max Ti, my previous acquisition, was a really good DAP, mostly not out of Mango OS (e.g., with some of Neutron's tweaks in signal processing). And the 320 Max Ti is audibly better. Straight out of Mango OS.

Dec 17, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #1,100 of 1,444
i think this isn't available on 320max yet. maybe with the latest fw ?

anyways the battery drain is quite annoying. i just wanted to see if there are others behave in similar fashion. cuz if not and this is not a normal thing, perhaps i should replace the battery or the unit before warranty expires.
Mine is doing the same thing. I took it out today to listen to music and the battery was completely dead. The digital battery should have had over 60%, as far as I can remember, but after not being used for perhaps a week it is now zero. I am currently charging it and am going to test it out to see what happens over the coming days. I agree that this is very frustrating and I hope that there is a simple solution. I'll report my findings in a few days.

Dec 17, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #1,101 of 1,444
Mine is doing the same thing. I took it out today to listen to music and the battery was completely dead. The digital battery should have had over 60%, as far as I can remember, but after not being used for perhaps a week it is now zero. I am currently charging it and am going to test it out to see what happens over the coming days. I agree that this is very frustrating and I hope that there is a simple solution. I'll report my findings in a few days.

i know that some people have this drainage and some don’t at all. i ordered a new battery from ibasso, and i will do a proper cycling once it arrives (full charge then complete discharge). then i will not charge it over 80% unless i’m going out.

i did my burn-in plugged in to AC all the time and perhaps somehow destabilized the battery.

new battery will have 90day warranty.

i’ll post my findings with the new battery once it arrives.

Dec 20, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #1,102 of 1,444
That happened to me several times and one day the player died.

I had to send it to the dealer and after they changed the battery, the player never came back to life.

They gave me a new unit, so far it never fully discharged by magic, I check every day, like crazy, how much % is lost without use.

But I haven't turned off the player since I got it.

I did 2 full cycles to the battery, I noticed that when battery D is at 100%, it loses 3% very quickly, without playing music, after this the player drains about 1% in 24 hours (not bad), no wifi, no apps in background.

I don't know what happened to my unit, but I've noticed that there are several users on the forum with suspiciously similar circumstances. I hope what happened to me doesn't happen to you.

I can no longer be calm about this issue, I hope that my failed unit, which is on its way to China, will help to detect what the problem is, since if changing the battery did not solve it, it is because the cause is something else, although the first problems are related to battery drain...

Dec 20, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #1,103 of 1,444
I don’t have battery drain problems. Though, I did notice in Android, the sleeping mode isn’t as good as on 320X. When I use Android for MQA whatever, I turn it off and that doesn’t drain battery

In mangoOS, it sleeps just fine for my use cases

Dec 21, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #1,104 of 1,444
a while back mine was 6-7% loss per day. now its 12%. lets see if battery replacement solves the issue for me which after reading @dandon case i have my doubts now.
the thing is there’s not much on the market at this level for my sound preference.

Dec 22, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #1,105 of 1,444
Was having a wonderful time using the DX320Max but today the gain knob has malfunctioned. It is no longer engaged in the correct position and now nearly spin freely. I have to turn the knob one full revolution in order to increase or decrease the gain. This is super disappointing for me and I baby this device. Has anyone encountered this problem? See picture below
image.jpg

I noticed that others have encountered similar problems and were able to fix it. I will try tomorrow and report back.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #1,106 of 1,444
Was having a wonderful time using the DX320Max but today the gain knob has malfunctioned. It is no longer engaged in the correct position and now nearly spin freely. I have to turn the knob one full revolution in order to increase or decrease the gain. This is super disappointing for me and I baby this device. Has anyone encountered this problem? See picture below image.jpg

I noticed that others have encountered similar problems and were able to fix it. I will try tomorrow and report back.

Likely come loose from the tape. You may be able to pull it out and reapply the tape. Good Luck.

Dec 22, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #1,107 of 1,444
Was having a wonderful time using the DX320Max but today the gain knob has malfunctioned. It is no longer engaged in the correct position and now nearly spin freely. I have to turn the knob one full revolution in order to increase or decrease the gain. This is super disappointing for me and I baby this device. Has anyone encountered this problem? See picture below image.jpg

Yes I think it’s a very common problem most everyone will encounter sooner or later. I pushed it in while turning and got it back into the tracks that way.

Dec 22, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #1,108 of 1,444
My set also has a battery drainage issue, it wouldn’t switch on and it appears to involve the digital battery. Set is now back with ibasso for diagnosis, will update in due course

Dec 22, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #1,109 of 1,444

Easy fix with double sided tape inside of the knob. That is what is used as there is an insert inside the metal knob that fits over the D shaft. Easy to fix.

Dec 22, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #1,110 of 1,444
Easy fix with double sided tape inside of the knob. That is what is used as there is an insert inside the metal knob that fits over the D shaft. Easy to fix.
Just to clarify, is the double-sided tape sandwiched between the insert and the inside of the knob?

Put another way, if you take the insert out from the knob, the double-sided tape should be remaining on the inside of the knob. Do I have that right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back