DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 3, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #1,516 of 10,348
Woa great mode that looks very interesting too all kaisei caps woooshy wooshy how does it sound like?
Fabulous! But the burn in changes was accentuated because all same kaisie at same time compounded the changes. Took a bit over 100+hrs to settle into some juicy wet liquid holographic sound. Onna side-by-side comparison, it made the stock amp12 sound a bit abrasive and flat.

I have ti say @Maxx134 has a very clean surgically well done job there 😄😃
It's a "special edition" version of "EXNP", with also a solen "silver sound" cap in there, but there is an even newer version, using the latest blue kaisie caps, called "Audio Note Seiryu" which I wanna try with whitigir new silver design...

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #1,517 of 10,348
I received the AMP13. Out of the box somewhat dull and flat. Well, new, no burn in. Now after just 3 hours, it has opened up and the detail has really improved. Good dynamics, depth and hall sound retrieval. I am using the SR2 at this time. Very nice.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #1,518 of 10,348
Fabulous! But the burn in changes was accentuated because all same kaisie at same time compounded the changes. Took a bit over 100+hrs to settle into some sparkling holographic sound.

It's a "special edition" version of "EXNP", with also a solen "silver sound" cap in there, but there is an even newer version, using the latest blue kaisie caps, called "Audio Note Seiryu" which I wanna try with whitigir new silver design...
What is the uF and voltage of the Solen cap?

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #1,519 of 10,348
Jun 3, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #1,520 of 10,348
I received the AMP13. Out of the box somewhat dull and flat. Well, new, no burn in. Now after just 3 hours, it has opened up and the detail has really improved. Good dynamics, depth and hall sound retrieval. I am using the SR2 at this time. Very nice.
Getting the same impression with the Amp13 although I am testing it in the DX300. I am loving the hall sound you mention. It basically gives the natural reverb that you would feel while listening to music in front of a stage without overdoing it. For that reason, the music feels more live.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #1,521 of 10,348
This is the EXN mod, not EX. EX has different caps used and is fully performed by @Whitigir. EXN is done by NP Audio from the UK by Steven. This is their take on the fabulous mod EX.

I have so much to catchup 😅 been away for too long. My new acquisition of my high end desktop stereo is the one who stolen all my attention and time but nannn it’s heavenly sounding 🥰

Fabulous! But the burn in changes was accentuated because all same kaisie at same time compounded the changes. Took a bit over 100+hrs to settle into some sparkling holographic sound.

Waouuu okayyyyyy now that’s something I would LOVE to try!!! But wait to OWN 😁😁😁

When is the secret project starting, I need to get a balanced cable to this mater as well 😅 on my new T5 3rd gen

I remember all those good old day when we had fun with modding 1z’s 🤩😍

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #1,522 of 10,348
.1uf at 700v

Also, did you try both outputs of amp13?
Yes, the outer most socket is the lower voltage. The Inner one is the higher voltage. They are both quiet with the IT07 but I am using the SR2 right now to burn it in and really enjoying the open sound.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #1,523 of 10,348
I have so much to catchup 😅 been away for too long. My new acquisition of my high end desktop stereo is the one who stolen all my attention and time but nannn it’s heavenly sounding 🥰
I've only been able to try the 12EX but from what I read from other users here, you can't go wrong with either variant of the mod.

Jun 3, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #1,524 of 10,348
Just received mine. The lip sync is way off when watching music videos. No issues with my M17. What’s up with that?
Got mine a couple days ago. The first thing I tested was DAC mode and I immediately noticed the latency. The DAP absolutely sounds great, but it would be nice to see a fix for this.

Jun 3, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #1,525 of 10,348
Got mine a couple days ago. The first thing I tested was DAC mode and I immediately noticed the latency. The DAP absolutely sounds great, but it would be nice to see a fix for this.
It's a touchy topic, I guess. The dx300 has the same problem but none answered when i asked how to fix it. I'm afraid it might be unsolvable. Someone mentioned trying a different usb cable. The one from IBasso seemed to generate problems. I dont remember having this issue with the dx220 but maybe my memory is failing me.
Anyways, using a dap as an external dac isnt the best idea anyways because of the battery overload. Maybe some version of a future software will address this issue.
As a dac i use a cheap but very nice sounding IFI Zen Dac V2. Its enough for me for the movies, games and some music sessions.

Jun 3, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #1,527 of 10,348
I agree, severe latency. I really enjoy music videos and live performances so this is a deal breaker for me if it can’t be fixed.

Jun 3, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #1,528 of 10,348
It's a touchy topic, I guess. The dx300 has the same problem but none answered when i asked how to fix it. I'm afraid it might be unsolvable. Someone mentioned trying a different usb cable. The one from IBasso seemed to generate problems. I dont remember having this issue with the dx220 but maybe my memory is failing me.
Anyways, using a dap as an external dac isnt the best idea anyways because of the battery overload. Maybe some version of a future software will address this issue.
As a dac i use a cheap but very nice sounding IFI Zen Dac V2. Its enough for me for the movies, games and some music sessions.
I agree with your points. Upon further investigation it seems as though this issue is tied to Android. I have a Cayin RU6, so I'll pretty much exclusively use that for IEMs on PC. The DX320 will specifically be for untethered listening.

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #1,529 of 10,348
I agree with your points. Upon further investigation it seems as though this issue is tied to Android. I have a Cayin RU6, so I'll pretty much exclusively use that for IEMs on PC. The DX320 will specifically be for untethered listening.
I think it is related to the processing done on FCPGA and the DAC itself (upsampling, filtering). It is not instant, it introduces a delay. You get the same on ladder DACs. If this is the case then there is no way to solve it.
iBasso could mitigate it by introducing an artificial delay in video. Or you find a video player that has this option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back