DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 4, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #1,546 of 10,359
My points is that rolling Dx320 with amp modules are more exciting than other systems, even among Ibasso itself. The reason being is that the ROHM is so transparent, it will expose the Amp modules signatures clearly, without inducing it own (for example, ESS clarity and brightness or AKM warmth and velvety). Therefore, if you have always loving Ibasso transparent, neutral sound signature, look no further, the Dx320 as it current flagship in Portable and Modular DAP!

I can assure you that rolling amp modules have a very pronounced effects :D. Thank you @Paul - iBasso !! And also thank you ROHM !! What a great time to be a curious and tinkering enthusias
It was clear to me after just a few minutes of listening. The best of ESS and AKM. I think I only buy DAPs with Rohm Chps. It hits my taste on the head!!!:beyersmile::L3000:

Jun 4, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #1,547 of 10,359
It was clear to me after just a few minutes of listening. The best of ESS and AKM. I think I only buy DAPs with Rohm Chps. It hits my taste on the head!!!:beyersmile::L3000:
Agreed! Ibasso also preserves the neutral sound signature pretty well, while allowing amp rolling :)!!

In my opinion, the original Amp11 has a great synergy to Dx320 as well. May be this is a good time to hunt it down

Jun 4, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #1,548 of 10,359
IMHO, anybody's infatuation with a pair of IEMs/headphones is subjectively based on what else they heard before and how it compares to that. Also, a pair up synergy plays a big part too. After all, what you are hearing is how a source shapes up and finetunes the baseline sound sig of your IEMs/headphones since only the latter one goes in your ears :D

So, are you hearing things with DX320 you haven't heard before with DX312? :wink:
Of course I also heard you with the DX 312. But the representation and intensity of the DX 320 is different and I like it better. But I don't seem to be the only one who likes the DX 320 more. Tastes are just different. It's good too. Imagine every guy in the world wants something from your girlfriend. :relaxed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:

Jun 4, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #1,549 of 10,359
Of course I also heard you with the DX 312. But the representation and intensity of the DX 320 is different and I like it better. But I don't seem to be the only one who likes the DX 320 more. Tastes are just different. It's good too. Imagine every guy in the world wants something from your girlfriend. :relaxed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:
And certainly not having the same girlfriend

😂🤣

Jun 4, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #1,550 of 10,359
Wait, what if Ibasso release Dx320MAX-Pro tomorrow ? 😜🤪 With ROHM inside

Jun 4, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #1,553 of 10,359
Agreed! Ibasso also preserves the neutral sound signature pretty well, while allowing amp rolling :)!!

In my opinion, the original Amp11 has a great synergy to Dx320 as well. May be this is a good time to hunt it down
So I will definitely not buy an Amp11.1. How I hated the sound of the DX 300 with amp11.1. If the amp 12 hadn't come out I would have sold the DX 300 11.1 a long time ago

Jun 4, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #1,554 of 10,359
So I will definitely not buy an Amp11.1. How I hated the sound of the DX 300 with amp11.1. If the amp 12 hadn't come out I would have sold the DX 300 11.1 a long time ago
I agreed that amp 11.1 or original Amp11 didn’t have good synergy with Dx300. However, it has amazing synergy with Dx320

Jun 4, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #1,556 of 10,359

Yea but you can’t amp roll it !

Nice impressions, now you totally got me the ROHM looks like a very serious and super transparent dac. I wonder why no one ever implemented it before as it has such properties hmmm
And it has both qualities of the two worlds.

I can’t wait to try mine already arrrrr 😎🙃🙂

Jun 4, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #1,557 of 10,359
Yea but you can’t amp roll it !

Nice impressions, now you totally got me the ROHM looks like a very serious and super transparent dac. I wonder why no one ever implemented it before as it has such properties hmmm
And it has both qualities of the two worlds.

I can’t wait to try mine already arrrrr 😎🙃🙂
ROHM is the newest chips on the market, it was announced at the end of 2020, everything locked down in 2021, and the first one to utilize it in a DAC was LuxMan, and Cayin as a DAP maker in DAP for N8ii, then Ibasso in Dx320

With this direction, ROHM will surpass ESS and AKM, I would think.

Jun 4, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #1,558 of 10,359
I found this interesting and curious to hear of others experience, I had the unit charged at 100% for both batteries and turned it off, due to work commitments I was not able to listen to it for nearly 2 days. I tried to turn it on but it would not. I plugged it in to charge and analog was at 100% but digital was at 0%. I was surprised it had discharged. Is that normal?

Jun 4, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #1,559 of 10,359
I found this interesting and curious to hear of others experience, I had the unit charged at 100% for both batteries and turned it off, due to work commitments I was not able to listen to it for nearly 2 days. I tried to turn it on but it would not. I plugged it in to charge and analog was at 100% but digital was at 0%. I was surprised it had discharged. Is that normal?
It was likely that your charger didn’t charge it properly. What charger did you use ?

Try Anker quick charge for a more peaceful mind

Jun 4, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #1,560 of 10,359
The Dx320 is pretty amazing when you paired it with something warmer for that synergies. The one thing I can confirm with this pairing is that the level of bass articulations, layering and sub bass is simply mind blowing...
Haha nice combo!

So, are you hearing things with DX320 you haven't heard before with DX312? :wink:
After my cold quick swap comparison, I started listening exclusively to 320 with it's amp, and I was pretty amazed thinking how this thing seems to be pulling the life and soul out of songs that would be considered boring. It just comes to life, very emotional.

Also, the 320 amp board is so much better than the old amp11 with just two tiny electrolytics at output. I think it was genius move for Ibasso to switch to film caps, like what EX & EXNP boards have.
It's a huge difference from electrolytic to actual film caps.

..... !!!...
755302D8-928D-409A-826D-06389ED9F64B.jpeg
Woah, I want those boards!

Then we can't swap boards!
😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back