DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 7, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #1,876 of 10,348
Jun 7, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #1,877 of 10,348
Argh - FedEx, I don't know why AMP3 use them. I'd say that 50% of orders from amp3 are a day later than the FedEx tracker claims. Says it will be here today but given where I live and the lack of updates on the tracker I can't see it happening today. Luckily I'm off tomorrow.
If it helps, mine was showing as label printed and that's it until after it had been delivered. Fingers crossed it comes ASAP for you!

Jun 7, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #1,878 of 10,348
Argh - FedEx, I don't know why AMP3 use them. I'd say that 50% of orders from amp3 are a day later than the FedEx tracker claims. Says it will be here today but given where I live and the lack of updates on the tracker I can't see it happening today. Luckily I'm off tomorrow.
Mine has been driving around the countryside since 0830 this morning. Depot is only 20 minutes away....

Jun 7, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #1,879 of 10,348
Same here.. When I stop musicplayback for more than a Minute Double tap doesn't work.. Only power button..
Appreciate the response! What about your play/pause side button. Sometimes it takes 5-6 seconds to restart the track.

Jun 7, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #1,880 of 10,348
Appreciate the response! What about your play/pause side button. Sometimes it takes 5-6 seconds to restart the track.
N8ii is the same, it's like a soft resume.

Jun 7, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #1,881 of 10,348
Comparing the DX320 (amp11.2) to my DX300 (amp 11.1) using my XE6 and Odin:
  • The DX320 is warmer with more mids, more mid bass, less subbass, and because of that ends up having narrower staging. I did not get a chance to swap the amps to test fully what the delta in just the DAC setup is (assuming the rest didn't change much from 300 --> 320).
  • The two filters don't make a big difference on the 320. The filters on the 300 do make an audible difference to me, but most of them make the sound worse.
  • Resolution wise, both resolve nicely but due to the differences in tonality, the details you hear are different (e.g. the 320 highlights some of the details in the mids better whereas the 300 has some more treble detail).
  • Hardware wise, the 320 has some nice touches like the buttons being more responsive. As others have said, battery life seems to have taken a hit on the 320, though I haven't run a side by side to really validate that.
  • Software wise, the new Android 11 needs a lot of work. Some stuff just straight up is borked for me: the screen for example doesn't like to unlock for me when it's charging. Whereas other things are half baked: there's a setting for dark mode (yay) but it causes a lot of fonts to be literally unreadable since they stay black (boo).
The original DX300 is still my preference at the moment, at least for my ears and paired with my IEMs. In the end, I think it comes down to preference between the two. Both are amazing value propositions and blow out everything else in the price range and higher. Even though I prefer the DX300, the DX320's warm sound is still much better than other warm(ish) DAPs I've heard.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #1,882 of 10,348
Mine has been driving around the countryside since 0830 this morning. Depot is only 20 minutes away....
Mine is still showing as picked up from Edinburgh at 2.39 yesterday afternoon nothing about local depots

Jun 7, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #1,883 of 10,348
  • The DX320 is warmer with more mids, more mid bass, less subbass, and because of that ends up having narrower staging. I did not get a chance to swap the amps to test fully what the delta in just the DAC setup is (assuming the rest didn't change much from 300 --> 320).
  • The two filters don't make a big difference on the 320. The filters on the 300 do make an audible difference to me, but most of them make the sound worse.
  • Resolution wise, both resolve nicely but due to the differences in tonality, the details you hear are different (e.g. the 320 highlights some of the details in the mids better whereas the 300 has some more treble detail).
  • Hardware wise, the 320 has some nice touches like the buttons being more responsive. As others have said, battery life seems to have taken a hit on the 320, though I haven't run a side by side to really validate that.
  • Software wise, the new Android 11 needs a lot of work. Some stuff just straight up is borked for me: the screen for example doesn't like to unlock for me when it's charging. Whereas other things are half baked: there's a setting for dark mode (yay) but it causes a lot of fonts to be literally unreadable since they stay black (boo).
The original DX300 is still my preference at the moment, at least for my ears and paired with my IEMs. In the end, I think it comes down to preference between the two. Both are amazing value propositions and blow out everything else in the price range and higher. Even though I prefer the DX300, the DX320's warm sound is still much better than other warm(ish) DAPs I've heard.
Damn bro, im getting completely oposite impression:) But im jealous that i dont hear these daps your way. I could just send the dx320 back and save a lot of money:)

Jun 7, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #1,885 of 10,348
DX 300 with am 11.1 ???? is it sure?? For me the sound was not nice. If not coming amp 12 for DX300 i want him sell very fast. For me at was not good. But every body think difference.

Jun 7, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #1,889 of 10,348
DX 300 with am 11.1 ???? is it sure?? For me the sound was not nice. If not coming amp 12 for DX300 i want him sell very fast. For me at was not good. But every body think difference.
Haha indeed! It's the 11.1 amp in it. I preordered the 300 when it was first announced. I've actually tried the stock AMP12 and modded AMP12EXN (from NP Audio), and both don't sound as good to me as the stock 11.1. Will need to try the 320 with those two later, the wider staging on the AMP12/EXN might help with more with the 320.

But like you said, the hobby is 100% subjective! I'm just glad I have the opportunity to try all these different TOTL gear and see what does/doesn't work for me :)

Jun 7, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #1,890 of 10,348
But we know our rigatio by now. Within 5 minutes opinion is completely changed.🤣🤣 I only bought the Monarchs because I read what you felt to be 150 pages about how great they are. But I have to agree with them!!!!😂😂😂
Yes but the shanling m9 for example was on similar level (still prefer 320) but it was 2800e thats why i sent it back. For 1600e im keeping it! I would even keep it for 2200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back