DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 7, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #1,893 of 10,359
Yes but the shanling m9 for example was on similar level (still prefer 320) but it was 2800e thats why i sent it back. For 1600e im keeping it! I would even keep it for 2200.
Oof, that a few bucks in difference. Would do the same. I go with the mentality of "Is it X amount of money better?" Specially when you can save the budget invest that elsewhere on your setup, like headphones/IEMs, cables, etc.

Jun 7, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #1,894 of 10,359
But i must confess that with the amp11.2s the dx300 sounds fabulous. Im now listetning to it song by song and even tho the dx320 has deeper, more natural and realistic timbre, its hard to fault the dx300 for anything. IBasso reached some hell of a level with dx300 series.
But not with amp 11. 1 😂😂😂😂😂in my oppinion. 😁😁

Jun 7, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #1,895 of 10,359
So even if the M9 and DX320 are the same price, I would go with the DX320. I just like the sound better.
I would too definitely but not having the dx300. That would be a completely unjustified financial decision for me. The dx300 is just too good to pay such money for 5% of reinement. 1600e is ok. I wrote in my earlier post that this price is a joke but comparing with daps for 2800+. With dx320, iBasso has already beaten themselves when it comes to value for money.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #1,896 of 10,359
Finally able to hands on dx320 today. Dare I say, a truly superb pairing with VE Phonix (I like it even more than hiby rs6 or fiio m17 in this case).

A bit reminds me of sweetness and lush of N8ii, but still have difference here and there (which is ok, different brand different house sound).

Organic vocality, deep full body bass that really has good control, combine with buttery smooth treble. DX320 does provide spacious soundstage, width is fine, but depth staging is amaze me.

Kind of natural, anti fatigue of sound, but remain agile and detail. Nice progress from ibasso indeed.
Did you notice any hissing with the Phonix on the DX320?

I get some hissing on the R8 which is why I’m thinking of changing daps.

Jun 7, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #1,897 of 10,359
I would too definitely but not having the dx300. That would be a completely unjustified financial decision for me. The dx300 is just too good to pay such money for 5% of reinement. 1600e is ok. I wrote in my earlier post that this price is a joke but comparing with daps for 2800+. With dx320, iBasso has already beaten themselves when it comes to value for money.
Yuup. Of course. For that what you get it is verx cheap 🤣🤣🤣

Jun 7, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #1,898 of 10,359
I wonder if something was running in the background. This was in Android or were you in the Mango OS?
Android always have android stuff running constantly on the background. May want to root it , rerouting the cores processing for better performances…etc…and turn down or disable some main background processings.

Regardless, I found MangoOS to be much better than AndroidOS, unless you are into neutron player.

Jun 7, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #1,899 of 10,359
Android always have android stuff running constantly on the background. May want to root it , rerouting the cores processing for better performances…etc…and turn down or disable some main background processings.

Regardless, I found MangoOS to be much better than AndroidOS, unless you are into neutron player.
I agree with you. I also used to 98% only Mango OS

Jun 7, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #1,900 of 10,359
Haha indeed! It's the 11.1 amp in it. I preordered the 300 when it was first announced. I've actually tried the stock AMP12 and modded AMP12EXN (from NP Audio), and both don't sound as good to me as the stock 11.1. Will need to try the 320 with those two later, the wider staging on the AMP12/EXN might help with more with the 320.

But like you said, the hobby is 100% subjective! I'm just glad I have the opportunity to try all these different TOTL gear and see what does/doesn't work for me :)
The dx320 to my ears, and on the 11.2S stock amp, is more analytical than Dx300. I am glad I don’t hear what you are hearings, or I would send back my dx320 as well. At most I can tolerate from a player that do “warmth” is the dx300, and I spent a long ….long time to EXdify it to bring it to what I enjoy more.

I don’t even want to lift any fingers on dx320 out of the box. Though as I found out, original 11.1 does wonderful job to Dx320 as it is more engaging, more sub bass, more warmth, which compliment the dx320 very nicely.

When I am listening to Amp12EX-S. It was tunned toward a more analytical and neutral signatures, but even so, I don’t have any sibilants or harshness, even with bad recordings, this is very different than N8ii. Yes, Of course I did intentionally wanted to control that highs better as well though :p. There is no such options on N8ii lol

Jun 7, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #1,901 of 10,359
There is also some plot twists as of why Dx320 cost more than Dx300 was. Ibasso found out that in order to implement ROHM to the best of it ability, they have decided to use Digitally Encoded Analog attenuations instead of Digital attenuations directly from the DAC chips like the Dx300 did.

So, yes, the Dx320 has Analog volume controls to maximize the benefits of using ROHM chips, similar to N8ii does…no wonder why it sounds so wonderful and on par with N8ii, same tier from what I am hearing.

I don’t know the exact chip being used for control and encoding of the volume wheel, we will find out later as Ibasso has been very very busy

Jun 7, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #1,903 of 10,359
I can easly guess which dap im listening to in a blind test.
I had many problems with that with other daps.
The ROHMs sound sig is very obvious for me, no matter which amp im listening to.
Completely agreed :) but forget about blind testing. Psychologically, all of those was meant to “mind Twist” you, because our brain works in it own “logical parameter during it own life time and what it had learned”. That is why some “magic tricks or illusions“ will work on a certain people, and does not work on some others. The next time whoever is telling you to blind test for the differences in audio performances, you will want to tell them to go and learn more about psychology and it sciences 😂

Jun 7, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #1,905 of 10,359
And i hopr now that you understand what is a real TOTL DAP 😂🤣😂🤣😂
That has so many meanings to it, but being Top performers from one brand in competitions to other top performers from other brands ?

Dx200-220 was a winner to me in many instances, especially with upgraded amp modules. It out performed wm1Z, sp2k, and N8 ways back then. The release of Dx300 did change up Ibasso house sound a bit, which made me wonder around, and stray off….as a lost puppy.

No more, ladies and gentlemen ! IBasso is back at it game, and the Ibasso house sound is completely improved with DX320. Not only it neutral signature, clarity, separation and layerings, but it also has that timbres Dynamic deliveries, the housing resonances, and the ambients reverberations so amazingly vivid.

Once again, Top performers from Ibasso, that competes upward to 2X more from other top products from competing brands!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back