DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 7, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #1,906 of 10,359
For me, with the Monarchs Mk2, the dx320 has AK's flagship players sound sig, which is very mature, calm, deep, beefy, warmish, natural, realistic and clean. BUT with iBassos advantages in dynamics, power, staging and imaging.
The dx300, even with amp11.2s sounds more grayish through the whole spectrum. Still having fantastic staging, layering, pinpoint imaging and detail etc. But everything is pushed more into my face where on the 320 is more relaxed and depper, analog sounding.
And NO, my brain is not tricked. I know what im hearing and talking about as i was chasing this kind of timbre for a long and it was the only thing i was missing on the dx300.

Jun 7, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #1,907 of 10,359
I have been listening to Android for two days or so. Just changed back to Mango OS. Yep, got to stay with Mango. :^)

Jun 7, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #1,908 of 10,359
That has so many meanings to it, but being Top performers from one brand in competitions to other top performers from other brands ?

Dx200-220 was a winner to me in many instances, especially with upgraded amp modules. It out performed wm1Z, sp2k, and N8 ways back then. The release of Dx300 did change up Ibasso house sound a bit, which made me wonder around, and stray off….as a lost puppy.

No more, ladies and gentlemen ! IBasso is back at it game, and the Ibasso house sound is completely improved with DX320. Not only it neutral signature, clarity, separation and layerings, but it also has that timbres Dynamic deliveries, the housing resonances, and the ambients reverberations so amazingly vivid.

Once again, Top performers from Ibasso, that competes upward to 2X more from other top products from competing brands!
meant all this ironically since Rigatio had claimed a few days ago that DX 320 was not a TOTL player. Apparently too cheap. N8ii or M9 were just TOTL players for Rigatio. Half an hour later he ordered the DX 320. Unbelievable 😂😂😂😂😂

Jun 7, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #1,909 of 10,359
For me, with the Monarchs Mk2, the dx320 has AK's flagship players sound sig, which is very mature, calm, deep, beefy, warmish, natural, realistic and clean. BUT with iBassos advantages in dynamics, power, staging and imaging.
The dx300, even with amp11.2s sounds more grayish through the whole spectrum. Still having fantastic staging, layering, pinpoint imaging and detail etc. But everything is pushed more into my face where on the 320 is more relaxed and depper, analog sounding.
And NO, my brain is not tricked. I know what im hearing and talking about as i was chasing this kind of timbre for a long and it was the only thing i was missing on the dx300.
You are nearly to get a orgasm?? 😂😍😂😍😂😂😂😂😁😁😁

Jun 7, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #1,910 of 10,359
meant all this ironically since Rigatio had claimed a few days ago that DX 320 was not a TOTL player. Apparently too cheap. N8ii or M9 were just TOTL players for Rigatio. Half an hour later he ordered the DX 320. Unbelievable 😂😂😂😂😂
Yeah i had too much Riesling that evening hah! But honestly i didnt expect that iBasso has done such a job with ROHM implementation. And i didnt expect that ROHM dacs are such an awesome piece of electronics. It beats flagship AKMs for me hands down. What a potential these dacs have!

Jun 7, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #1,911 of 10,359
Jun 7, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #1,912 of 10,359
Yeah i had too much Riesling that evening hah! But honestly i didnt expect that iBasso has done such a job with ROHM implementation. And i didnt expect that ROHM dacs are such an awesome piece of electronics. It beats flagship AKMs for me hands down. What a potential these dacs have!
Yes, I see it that way too. After half an hour it was clear to me that I couldn't get anything that was significantly better. At least not for the price. I had also heard the M9 before.

Jun 7, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #1,913 of 10,359
ROHM beats all of the DAC I have came across , including R2R discrete ladder, and given ESS/AKM which is found in many equipments nowadays. Even in comparison to S-master from TA-ZH1ES by Sony…all of those other DACs kinda like a different sound signature, where as the ROHM has it own uniqueness , especially the dynamic delivery

yes, Ibasso has proven to me that they did a wonderful job on ROHM. The N8ii without tubes on, still had a great amount of heat generated, not so with Ibasso, and discrete class A amp module.

Jun 7, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #1,914 of 10,359
The lip sync issue may not be solvable according to iBasso.

What video app are you using ?

VLC video player has an audio delay + - adjust (hidden in the subtitle/audio menu)

If its youtube, you can use the newpipe youtube app (better anyway) and tell it to use external video player, choose VLC 👍

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #1,915 of 10,359
I have been listening to Android for two days or so. Just changed back to Mango OS. Yep, got to stay with Mango. :^)

100% of my listening will be Android streaming, care to share why Android doesn’t cut it for you.

Jun 7, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #1,916 of 10,359
100% of my listening will be Android streaming, care to share why Android doesn’t cut it for you.
Mango OS usually plays redbook better than Mango through Android. If you're streaming only then it won't make any difference.

Jun 7, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #1,919 of 10,359
I think he meant that latency lag when pairing dx320 as an external
DAC. I know I had it on Dx300, haven’t tried dx320

This can be solved by switching the USB connection on the DAP to "No data transfer".
By default it connects in "File Transfer" mode and in this mode you will have high latency.

Jun 7, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #1,920 of 10,359
This can be solved by switching the USB connection on the DAP to "No data transfer".
By default it connects in "File Transfer" mode and in this mode you will have high latency.
So, charging only mode basically? Good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back