DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
May 23, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #946 of 10,348
One of the perks of owning the DX320 is the waiting isn’t done when the DAP is in hand, the waiting continues for the nutube and other upgraded amps :sunglasses:.
Thats true! Once you buy iBasso dap, there is always something to play with. Not only new amps but also mods for the amps.

May 23, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #947 of 10,348
One of the perks of owning the DX320 is the waiting isn’t done when the DAP is in hand, the waiting continues for the nutube and other upgraded amps :sunglasses:.
I never thought about it this way, and makes me more excited that I choose the ibasso over the new Sony dap.

Thank you for bringing that perspective to me.

May 23, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #948 of 10,348
A choice between the DX320 and announced Kann Max is keeping me restless. My brain says the DX320 with ROHM and full blown Android 11 for streaming platforms is the superior DAP, but the draw of a 15Volts mobile DAP in a shrunken package is making me pause.

I need to drive a 300ohm Senn and looking to get Planar Cans in the near future. I could use some words from the wise among us.
ESS chips, opamp, smaller OS, smaller screen...
Still, probably very, very, very good(!), so priced accordingly, but not better. 🥲

I have the Kann Alpha here
It is a brighter DAP
And has more Bass extension
Meaning it slams harder
Way harder !
You Need amp12 👍
Almost bought a pair but seller finally wanted new price ...
The U12T has attained a solid reference-point level for being an "all-in-one" balanced IEM with also tunning "modules", and although you can go higher in resolve, with mest Indigo, EXT, Tralii, Odin, and others(I only listing my most recent heard), they still not perfect tend most to not be as balanced as the U12T, but more about personal choice.

EQ is an interesting proposition as I am planning to get Power Amp EQ if I go with the DX320. Does the Kann have systemwide EQ that works with streaming services? That would significant
I read kann has a slower and stripped android OS, although it probably performs fine.

Running my DX300 although with a budget 'budget' Balanced cable
Budget talking a NiceHCK 16 core High Purity Copper of $ 13.00
But there's a impressive sound difference !
Sound is now at least like my AK Kann Alpha
Bass extension is there and it slams as hard
This with the Amp11 MK II
Still need to try Amp12 but that should even sound better
Yes, amp12 should be better, and then a moded ex/exnp amp12 is yet another level extra than that as well..
And then will come the new amps...
I see alot of choices&variables ahead.
🙂

Last edited:
May 23, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #949 of 10,348
ESS chips, opamp, smaller OS, smaller screen...
Still, probably very, very, very good(!), so priced accordingly, but not better. 🥲

You Need amp12 👍

The U12T has attained a solid reference-point level for being an "all-in-one" balanced IEM with also tunning "modules", and although you can go higher in resolve, with mest Indigo, EXT, Tralii, Odin, and others(I only listing my most recent heard), they still not perfect tend most to not be as balanced as the U12T, but more about personal choice.

I read kann has a slower and stripped android OS, although it probably performs fine.

Yes, amp12 should be better, and then a moded ex/exnp amp12 is yet another level extra than that as well..
And then will come the new amps...
I see alot of choices&variables ahead.
🙂
AK Kann Alpha and MAX have a slower UI for sure
Screen is way smaller and 720p
And no 5GHz WiFi on the MAX either
I have a Amp12 here
And the Mod is planned being it EX, EXN or EXS
I like my U12T as my other pairs of 64 Audio
My grail is the Elysian Acoustics Labs X
But closing a deal later today on a nice red pair
If ... all goes as we planned yesterday

May 23, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #952 of 10,348
Hello, I'm looking for a DAP for u12t, a lot for traveling and I can't choose. Couldn't any of the experienced advise me? I'm interested in your opinion. Now I'm thinking about dx320 or NW-WM1AM2 or the previous NW-WM1A… Thank you

May 23, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #954 of 10,348
Hello, I'm looking for a DAP for u12t, a lot for traveling and I can't choose. Couldn't any of the experienced advise me? I'm interested in your opinion. Now I'm thinking about dx320 or NW-WM1AM2 or the previous NW-WM1A… Thank you
For traveling- ibasso dx240 + amp8 mkII or AK sr25 mkII. Dx300 and 320 are big and i wouldnt recommend them if you are on the move a lot. They sound better but the size.. They are very handy tho and quite light so it depends on you and the sizes of your pockets.

May 23, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #955 of 10,348
For traveling- ibasso dx240 + amp8 mkII or AK sr25 mkII. Dx300 and 320 are big and i wouldnt recommend them if you are on the move a lot. They sound better but the size.. They are very handy tho and quite light so it depends on you and the sizes of your pockets.
Hike cross country in the mountains with the DX300. It really isn't an issue. IMO

May 23, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #956 of 10,348
Literally the size of your pockets :wink:. If it is healthy, you can just buy everything

May 23, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #957 of 10,348
Why not SP2K SS? I think you can get it at a nice discounted price at classifieds while receiving still flagship top level of SQ.

May 23, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #959 of 10,348
So this is what's it is al A B O U T ... ?
Amp12 ...
IMG20220523190025-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back