DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
May 22, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #918 of 10,359
Allowing to compare properly the DX320 with the N8ii, the Amp13 (tube) should be necessary to obtain a complete test.
Still it's one NuTube vs 2 ...
But I'm getting the Amp13 nevertheless
Actually thinking if I need to go DX320 ?
Finally it will be personal sound preference

Last edited:
May 22, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #922 of 10,359
A choice between the DX320 and announced Kann Max is keeping me restless. My brain says the DX320 with ROHM and full blown Android 11 for streaming platforms is the superior DAP, but the draw of a 15Volts mobile DAP in a shrunken package is making me pause.

I need to drive a 300ohm Senn and looking to get Planar Cans in the near future. I could use some words from the wise among us.

May 22, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #923 of 10,359
A choice between the DX320 and announced Kann Max is keeping me restless. My brain says the DX320 with ROHM and full blown Android 11 for streaming platforms is the superior DAP, but the draw of a 15Volts mobile DAP in a shrunken package is making me pause.

I need to drive a 300ohm Senn and looking to get Planar Cans in the near future. I could use some words from the wise among us.
Im also interested in Kann Max in case of going for a new dap, mainly because of its smaller form factor (thicker but more portable overall). But honestly i think that the dx320 will outclass the Kann Max purely sq wise.

May 22, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #924 of 10,359
Summer has come and unfortunately im starting to experience all disadvantages when it comes to the size of the dx300. Its getting quite hot here where i live (one of the hottest spots in Germany) and even tho i work from home, everytime im leaving for a walk, shopping or meeting friends, carrying the dx300 in a pocket of shorts is quite inconvenient. Fortunately its not heavy so im able to manage it quite successfully. I would be very happy with a smaller dap but dont want to lose the sound quality.

May 22, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #925 of 10,359
I don't know how iBasso did it but I have been playing DSD all day and the DX320 gets barely warm. Not much warmer than the DX300.

May 22, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #926 of 10,359

I have the Kann Alpha here
It is a brighter DAP
And has more Bass extension
Meaning it slams harder
Way harder !
That's what I noticed immediately as difference when my DX300 arrived
But DX320 has Rohm and the Kann MAX is Quad DAC now
I'm thinking to upgrade my Kann Alpha to Kann MAX
Now I have a DAP shipped next week with Rohm and double NuTube + full Class A
But ... the big but ...
All is about synergy ... 🙏
IMG20220421205529.jpg

Last edited:
May 22, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #927 of 10,359
I have the Kann Alpha here
It is a brighter DAP
And has more Bass extension
Meaning it slams harder
Way harder !
That's what I noticed immediately as difference when my DX300 arrived
But DX320 has Rohm and the Kann MAX is Quad DAC now
I'm thinking to upgrade my Kann Alpha to Kann MAX
Now I have a DAP shipped next week with Rohm and double NuTube + full Class A
But ... the big but ...
All is about synergy ... 🙏
IMG20220421205529.jpg
I dont think you will have any problems with pairing your u12t with either dap. These iems are masterfully tuned.

May 22, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #928 of 10,359
Summer has come and unfortunately im starting to experience all disadvantages when it comes to the size of the dx300. Its getting quite hot here where i live (one of the hottest spots in Germany) and even tho i work from home, everytime im leaving for a walk, shopping or meeting friends, carrying the dx300 in a pocket of shorts is quite inconvenient. Fortunately its not heavy so im able to manage it quite successfully. I would be very happy with a smaller dap but dont want to lose the sound quality.
As you know my first love was the Kann Alpha
It's smaller but a chunk let's say
It's not perfect but is any DAP
And it doesn't feel but the Kann Alpha is 20g less in weight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back