DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Feb 8, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #10,276 of 10,347
Feb 8, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #10,277 of 10,347
Feb 8, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #10,278 of 10,347
It could be UAPP then. Does it do it with any other apps?
I pretty much only use UAPP and Brave/Chrome for media. It does it with anything I listen to using those. I switched to the Mango Player and so far it's not happening there.

Feb 18, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #10,279 of 10,347
I pretty much only use UAPP and Brave/Chrome for media. It does it with anything I listen to using those. I switched to the Mango Player and so far it's not happening there.
You might do a search on this thread to see if there was a different solution, but I could swear that UAPP had this issue on a past FW, and that it was supposedly fixed with a newer FW version. It has been long enough ago though, that I don't remember all the details, just that there was a very loud popping while using UAPP under certain circumstances on the DX320...

Feb 18, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #10,280 of 10,347
You might do a search on this thread to see if there was a different solution, but I could swear that UAPP had this issue on a past FW, and that it was supposedly fixed with a newer FW version. It has been long enough ago though, that I don't remember all the details, just that there was a very loud popping while using UAPP under certain circumstances on the DX320...
Thanks!
Ive been going back to UAPP every now and then and it seems that newer updates might have fixed it. Also other updates on the browsers. The DX320 hasn't had any updates in a good while so they didn't fix it that way lol. I don't seem to get those loud volume spikes when the amp turns on. Now I can hear the amp turning on if I pause for too long, but it's only a soft pop. Hopefully it stays like this :beerchug:

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #10,281 of 10,347
Just out of curiosity, what kind of battery life are you all getting nowadays with your DX320?
I only run IEMs, volume around 10-25 on medium gain. I use mostly amp 14. The D-battery goes down fast at about 20% per hour. And since I only charge to 80% now to conserve battery life, I am only getting around 4 hours of playtime. The A-battery goes down slower at about less than 10% per hour.

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #10,282 of 10,347
Just out of curiosity, what kind of battery life are you all getting nowadays with your DX320?
I only run IEMs, volume around 10-25 on medium gain. I use mostly amp 14. The D-battery goes down fast at about 20% per hour. And since I only charge to 80% now to conserve battery life, I am only getting around 4 hours of playtime. The A-battery goes down slower at about less than 10% per hour.
Sounds about the same as I observe with same setup and usage

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #10,283 of 10,347
I get more than that but what resolution of music are you playing?

Feb 19, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #10,285 of 10,347
Feb 19, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #10,286 of 10,347
Feb 19, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #10,287 of 10,347
Ok so I did kind of a controlled test. I charged the DX320 to 80% for both batteries. I used the Kinera Nanna and set the volume to what sounded comfortable to me. I then just let UAPP play nonstop. I only turned on the screen about every 15 minutes to check the level and make sure it was still playing then turned off the screen.

On low gain, volume 25, after 1 hour the battery drain was 10%.

On medium gain that I used before all the time, volume 16, after 1 hour the battery drain was only 12%.

So it seems the screen has a major impact on the D-battery. Even last night it was still doing 20%. But I don't leave the screen on. I have it on a 1 minute screen timer. I'll listen, and if a song catches my attention, I'll turn on the screen to inspect, restart or skip, then let it turn off in a minute. So about 10 minutes of screen time in an hour.

Feb 23, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #10,288 of 10,347
Ok so I did kind of a controlled test. I charged the DX320 to 80% for both batteries. I used the Kinera Nanna and set the volume to what sounded comfortable to me. I then just let UAPP play nonstop. I only turned on the screen about every 15 minutes to check the level and make sure it was still playing then turned off the screen.

On low gain, volume 25, after 1 hour the battery drain was 10%.

On medium gain that I used before all the time, volume 16, after 1 hour the battery drain was only 12%.

So it seems the screen has a major impact on the D-battery. Even last night it was still doing 20%. But I don't leave the screen on. I have it on a 1 minute screen timer. I'll listen, and if a song catches my attention, I'll turn on the screen to inspect, restart or skip, then let it turn off in a minute. So about 10 minutes of screen time in an hour.
The screen does indeed have a major impact. The D battery (digital) battery is what runs the entire OS, including the music player, touch screen, volume, controls, and every other thing - like apps and etc... included in the OS, and the DACs (which are actually desktop DACs and used to all the power they want, and are not really as mobile friendly as true mobile DACs). Though, I would argue that the DACs actually take more from the D battery than all of the other previously mentioned things (unless you simply leave the screen on, or have a rogue app running in the background) because the DX300 is the same player, but with actual mobile DACs, and you can get up to 16 hours on the D battery (a couple times, my A battery actually ran out before the D battery did, though it was very close).

If you use your DX320 on a daily basis, I wouldn't bother only charging your battery to 80%. It doesn't hurt lithium batteries to be charged to 100%. It only hurts (or diminishes overall life) when you charge it above 80% and don't use it for a while. Ideally though, if you aren't going to use it for a while (up to and including 5 years), you would want to charge/discharge any lithium battery to 50%. Even more ideally, you should store lithium batteries in some place cold like your refrigerator (but not below freezing), but unfortunately, the electronics in the DX320 don't like that one at all.... LOL

P.S. I also wanted to mention; the best use for the "charge to 80%" feature is if you have the DX plugged in all the time, this way it will not diminish the overall life of the battery. This is much like if you had a laptop and left it plugged in all the time and used it while plugged in. This can (or has for me) ruin the battery in as short a time as 1 year, though you MIGHT get about 2 years from such a setup. :)

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #10,289 of 10,347
The screen does indeed have a major impact. The D battery (digital) battery is what runs the entire OS, including the music player, touch screen, volume, controls, and every other thing - like apps and etc... included in the OS, and the DACs (which are actually desktop DACs and used to all the power they want, and are not really as mobile friendly as true mobile DACs). Though, I would argue that the DACs actually take more from the D battery than all of the other previously mentioned things (unless you simply leave the screen on, or have a rogue app running in the background) because the DX300 is the same player, but with actual mobile DACs, and you can get up to 16 hours on the D battery (a couple times, my A battery actually ran out before the D battery did, though it was very close).

If you use your DX320 on a daily basis, I wouldn't bother only charging your battery to 80%. It doesn't hurt lithium batteries to be charged to 100%. It only hurts (or diminishes overall life) when you charge it above 80% and don't use it for a while. Ideally though, if you aren't going to use it for a while (up to and including 5 years), you would want to charge/discharge any lithium battery to 50%. Even more ideally, you should store lithium batteries in some place cold like your refrigerator (but not below freezing), but unfortunately, the electronics in the DX320 don't like that one at all.... LOL
Thanks for the tips. I'll double check the DAP and make sure I don't have an app I don't need running. That could be a culprit also if I'm running it in Airplane mode and still only get 10-20% per hour.

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #10,290 of 10,347
Thanks for the tips. I'll double check the DAP and make sure I don't have an app I don't need running. That could be a culprit also if I'm running it in Airplane mode and still only get 10-20% per hour.
There are some pretty good android apps that can find rogue apps for you, because sometimes they are hard to isolate and get rid of (e.g. the app itself might now show up as running in the background, but some odd service that it installed might). Hope you get it solved. :)

Also, if you didn't see on my last post, I put a P.S. (edit) that has some tips as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back