DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jan 30, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #10,261 of 10,347
At least it can fit in the pocket. A little bigger size than a phone. Waiting Ibasso to release a new dap to replace DX320 and hope it is more powerful than DX320.
The problem with a portable having even more power is the run time is less or the unit weighs more because you need a larger battery system. I prefer quality sound and using the right IEM or headphones over lots of power and weight in portable.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #10,262 of 10,347
The problem with a portable having even more power is the run time is less or the unit weighs more because you need a larger battery system. I prefer quality sound and using the right IEM or headphones over lots of power and weight in portable.
I don't need extremely long run time. 5 hours is enough for most trips. If I need more, I will take a power bank with me. I am not a fan of IEMs. Yes, it sounds good, but I can't wear them for extended of time. Max around 4 hours. Over ears headphones certainly can do, and also sounds better than IEMs.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #10,263 of 10,347
Max is far more than 4h, you can get up to 12h out of it but its not really pocketable though but on pair with desktop solutions, superb dac with superb superation, air, stage and depth.

320 is around 8-10h its rather pocketable, but not very good for over ear headphones. Stage is wide, not very deep, imho it sounds flat, lacks detail and excitement (for me) - Amp.11 Mk.2. Amp14 sounded better, but nothing to be super excited about next to Max and N8ii.

300 can go for 15h with amp11, pocketable, lush, more analog sound, even less resolving and detailed than 320 with smaller stage.

Cayin N8ii is chunky, but still pocketable - battery run time is around 10h even with tubes, lots of tuning options, slightly worse technically than Max, less airy, smaller stage, but very resolving, punchier warmer sound. Still on pair with desktop solutions, beautiful lush detailed sound. Only negative aspect - it gets ratger warn with tubes enabled. Smallest screen of all (but Oled), only anderoid 9 which can put people off.

To me Cayin n8ii was a clear winner as pocketable desktop like system, tested all 4 couple of weeks ago. Technically 320 Max is insane value with better soudn than many full size dacs, but too large to have it in the pocket.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #10,265 of 10,347
320 is about 4-5 hours max if I keep to the 80/20 battery rule. With streaming.

Your battery must have a lot of wear or you are using tube amps. Had a used 320 X for a week, it ran for 8h with fullized cans on high gain - amp11.mk.2

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #10,267 of 10,347
Your battery must have a lot of wear or you are using tube amps. Had a used 320 X for a week, it ran for 8h with fullized cans on high gain - amp11.mk.2
You’re probably right. Different amps didn’t make much difference. It’s the digital section that’s draining fast. Amp section no issue.

Edit: Curious. If High Gain is unity, would it drain more if set at high?

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #10,268 of 10,347
You’re probably right. Different amps didn’t make much difference. It’s the digital section that’s draining fast. Amp section no issue.

Edit: Curious. If High Gain is unity, would it drain more if set at high?
Good question, that would be my intuitive assumption but no idea honestly

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #10,269 of 10,347
Speaking of battery...
For the past nearly a year, I've had the Amp 14 attached to my DX320. Lately the Digital battery drains quite fast while using the DAP. I know the 320 has a dedicated battery for the amp which drains almost nothing while in use, while the digital drains incredible fast. For months now I've switch to 80max charging to help with longevity. Will switching back to the Amp11 help with digital battery life in any way? Or is it meaningless? Do the amps strictly draw power from the Amp battery? I find that hard to believe since after about 2 hours of use, the digital battery will drain about 40% while the amp battery only like 2% lol

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #10,270 of 10,347
Dx320 is pocketable. Hell even n8ii is.

Dx 300 / Dx320 Max not so much though.
Agreed on DX320 and N8ii being pocketable. My DX320X is so much lighter than the Sony 1ZM2 though...

Feb 6, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #10,271 of 10,347
Hey, friends, I am trying to set up the parametric equalizer in mango player on my dx320. I have entered settings to EQ my Audeze LCDi4's. The strange thing is, when I turn the filter on, I am getting no sound output at all. But when I switch it back off, sound plays normally, although it really does need the EQ for the LCD for to sound good.

So, what am I doing wrong here? Why am I not getting any sound with the filter engaged? Thank you!

Feb 8, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #10,272 of 10,347
Been running into a new issue with Mango player recently (in Android mode). It stops playing after a couple of songs. At first, I thought it might be an issue with the start/stop button (e.g. bad contact), but then I noticed it didn't happen with my other Apps, such as Apple Music and Qobuz. My music is on an external SD card. Could there be an issue with the card? Or is there a settings that causes Mango to stop playing? I haven't tried in Mango OS yet, but will on my next listening session.

Feb 8, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #10,273 of 10,347
Been running into a new issue with Mango player recently (in Android mode). It stops playing after a couple of songs. At first, I thought it might be an issue with the start/stop button (e.g. bad contact), but then I noticed it didn't happen with my other Apps, such as Apple Music and Qobuz. My music is on an external SD card. Could there be an issue with the card? Or is there a settings that causes Mango to stop playing? I haven't tried in Mango OS yet, but will on my next listening session.
I would do a factory reset and then try a different card.

Feb 8, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #10,274 of 10,347
I'm having an issue when doing android audio. It can be while using UAPP, or watching shows/video through a browser... If I stop audio for about a minute, when I resume playback, there is a sudden pop of loud sound for a fraction of a second, then it goes down to the assigned volume. It's quite painful and I have to be ready for this every time I decide to play something for the first time after powering on or after resuming from idle. I assume it has to do with the amp powering up? I am going to try to switch from amp 14 to amp 12 and see if there is a difference.

Feb 8, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #10,275 of 10,347
I'm having an issue when doing android audio. It can be while using UAPP, or watching shows/video through a browser... If I stop audio for about a minute, when I resume playback, there is a sudden pop of loud sound for a fraction of a second, then it goes down to the assigned volume. It's quite painful and I have to be ready for this every time I decide to play something for the first time after powering on or after resuming from idle. I assume it has to do with the amp powering up? I am going to try to switch from amp 14 to amp 12 and see if there is a difference.
Are you on the latest firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back