DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Sep 24, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #6,376 of 10,358
Have anyone paired the 320 and phone by usb or bluetooth and had phonecalls with headphones?
I used to do this by pairing the phone and dac/amp. In theory, the same should be possible with 320.

Sep 24, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #6,377 of 10,358
I used to do this by pairing the phone and dac/amp. In theory, the same should be possible with 320.
And I’ve never used any cables with mic.

Sep 24, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #6,379 of 10,358
Anyone else is excited to get an edition X ? I wonder
I was and almost bought it, but I got good deal on basic one with amp13.

Sep 24, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #6,380 of 10,358
Anyone else is excited to get an edition X ? I wonder
Are you getting one? They look insane. I wouldn't want to use a case with one.

Sep 24, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #6,382 of 10,358
I was and almost bought it, but I got good deal on basic one with amp13.
The cost vs the orig were too much for me. And the sound presumably won't Be upgraded that much.

Sep 24, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #6,383 of 10,358
Sep 24, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #6,384 of 10,358
The cost vs the orig were too much for me. And the sound presumably won't Be upgraded that much.
More like just being unique :), because as Paul has mentioned, only the chassis changed. However, I have unique amp modules myself…..so the more reason to get it lol!

Sep 24, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #6,385 of 10,358
More like just being unique :), because as Paul has mentioned, only the chassis changed. However, I have unique amp modules myself…..so the more reason to get it lol!
Basically the money rules.

Sep 24, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #6,386 of 10,358
Have anyone paired the 320 and phone by usb or bluetooth and had phonecalls with headphones?
I have never used it this way, but ironically and recently I have been trying to revisit reverse BT which works with my phone just fine but has never worked with my Samsung smart TV (nor am I the only one that has had this issue in the past). What's funny about this (more like ironic) is that I just assumed it was an issue on the TV. Well, I got a little Shanling M0 for my wife, and was playing around with it and it paired with my TV (in reverse BT) first try and with no difficulties.

Now I am wondering why this doesn't work, and why (if it is not a restriction of the hardware) has this never been addressed by iBasso. I don't find this feature very useful for pairing with a phone. The DX can do everything my phone can do (but much better) except make phone calls, and why would I pair it to make a phone call?! Just some thoughts nonetheless. :wink:

Sep 24, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #6,387 of 10,358
The DX can do everything my phone can do (but much better) except make phone calls, and why would I pair it to make a phone call?! Just some thoughts nonetheless. :wink:
The whole and complete reason I went for a DAP solution, is to separate my music off my phone.

DX320 has DuckDuckGo browser (for reading or downloading music/album art) and 3 music apps. That’s it. No notifications at all. It’s a music listening experience only. If I pick up the phone to check email or anything…. the music keeps on playing. :L3000:

Sep 24, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #6,388 of 10,358
The whole and complete reason I went for a DAP solution, is to separate my music off my phone.

DX320 has DuckDuckGo browser (for reading or downloading music/album art) and 3 music apps. That’s it. No notifications at all. It’s a music listening experience only. If I pick up the phone to check email or anything…. the music keeps on playing. :L3000:
Same here, though I don't even use the DX for tagging. I use my PC for all of that, then download to the DX... It is STRICTLY a playback device for me. :)

I have installed no browsers, email, etc.. on it. I even have the stock apps set to "hidden" so that they don't even show up other than play store and the other relevant icons. :beerchug:

Sep 25, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #6,389 of 10,358
Good evening everyone. I can't turn on my DX320. Initially it turned on but it didn't... I put it on the Asus 30w charger, which I've been using since I bought it, it appeared battery 90%, Any idea what I can do... Now it doesn't want to connect at all.
I believe most charging issues from new player is because of the need to update to latest firmware.
I also see those with issues of not being able to load the file, is because it needs to be unzipped once after downloaded.

i have a question about dx320. after I turn off the dx320 and don't use it for a while(3-5 hrs), when I turn on the dx320 again, there is no sound for the first 30-60 seconds. only a bit later the sound comes out, is it normal? sometimes comes out only from the right earpiece, and sometimes only from the left. but after a minute it's all back to normal. It's not the problem with my earphones because they play normal with other daps.
I have an issue with it not having sound, and found out that it was my 4.4bal plug. I simply had to twist it for amp to be activated. Either my plug is not designed good or I have to clean it.

@Maxx134 today I just experienced the DSD switching toward PCM from USB-PP, and omg…it was so loud that it popped my Soul somewhere :frowning2:… luckily I wasn’t on my IER-Z1R, but rather the 800s, so it was t deafening. But this is something alarming that should be brought toward Ibasso attentions @Paul - iBasso
Yes I tested the other players only with pausing DSD. On Neutron it made a pop 2sec after pausing music, but only with the "all to DSD" settings. With a native DSD, I didn't get a pop.
I am surprised you noticed a pop on another player, but then I didn't test that scenario you had.

I use DSD and PCM and never get this. What did you do or what led up to this?
I get it only with Neutron when changing settings making all to DSD (except native DSD file);If you decide to try this setting, be very careful not to use any IEMs, as I can imagine a dangerous pop 2 second after pausing the converted DSD file, which was dependant on volume.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #6,390 of 10,358
Hi,
Question for those who have used the DX300 with the Amp12EXN (NPAudio Spec) and now the DX320.
Is the SQ gain more noticeable with standard amp modules that come with both player vs NPAudio Amp12EXN?
Just Steve at NPAudio tuned this module for the DX300.

Thinking of upgrading but love the Amp12EXN, I only listen to music locally stored and use Mango os, not sure if it's worth it.

Thank you. :beerchug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back