DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Sep 25, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #6,391 of 10,353
Hi,
Question for those who have used the DX300 with the Amp12EXN (NPAudio Spec) and now the DX320.
Is the SQ gain more noticeable with standard amp modules that come with both player vs NPAudio Amp12EXN?
Just Steve at NPAudio tuned this module for the DX300.

Thinking of upgrading but love the Amp12EXN, I only listen to music locally stored and use Mango os, not sure if it's worth it.

Thank you. :beerchug:
I really loved how AMP12EXN sound with DX300 but less with DX320, especially bass impact :L3000:
Just my opinion...
I suppose that EXN-S or EXN2 are better with DX320.

Sep 25, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #6,392 of 10,353
Hi,
Question for those who have used the DX300 with the Amp12EXN (NPAudio Spec) and now the DX320.
Is the SQ gain more noticeable with standard amp modules that come with both player vs NPAudio Amp12EXN?

Thinking of upgrading but love the Amp12EXN, I only listen to music locally stored and use Mango os, not sure if it's worth it.

I had AMP12EXN with my old DX300 and loved it too, it was still really good on DX320 but somehow better on DX300 🤷‍♂️

I have since bought AMP12EXN2 and with DX320 ts awesome!

Have heard AMP12EXN2 4625 and it sounds even better but uses more juice.

Sep 25, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #6,393 of 10,353
I had AMP12EXN with my old DX300 and loved it too, it was still really good on DX320 but somehow better on DX300 🤷‍♂️

I have since bought AMP12EXN2 and with DX320 ts awesome!

Have heard AMP12EXN2 4625 and it sounds even better but uses more juice.
I just love the platform being modular. There are all kind of different modules to have fun with

Sep 25, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #6,394 of 10,353
I have never used it this way, but ironically and recently I have been trying to revisit reverse BT which works with my phone just fine but has never worked with my Samsung smart TV (nor am I the only one that has had this issue in the past). What's funny about this (more like ironic) is that I just assumed it was an issue on the TV. Well, I got a little Shanling M0 for my wife, and was playing around with it and it paired with my TV (in reverse BT) first try and with no difficulties.

Now I am wondering why this doesn't work, and why (if it is not a restriction of the hardware) has this never been addressed by iBasso. I don't find this feature very useful for pairing with a phone. The DX can do everything my phone can do (but much better) except make phone calls, and why would I pair it to make a phone call?! Just some thoughts nonetheless. :wink:
The pairing with phone is important to me, because I usually listen music in my home office during working at laptop and also perform lot’s of phone calls with headphones. Then the hands are free to dance on keyboard and mouse during the call. It’s very convenient and effective.

Sep 25, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #6,395 of 10,353
The EXN-2 even after just a 60 hour burn in (a proper one with you letting the caps settle in after each session), will sort of balance out on the DX320 eventually. The sound signature was different before the burn in sessions.

Sep 25, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #6,396 of 10,353
Time for Repair... :triportsad:

Attachments

• Display_Error.jpg
    Display_Error.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 25, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #6,397 of 10,353
The EXN-2 even after just a 60 hour burn in (a proper one with you letting the caps settle in after each session), will sort of balance out on the DX320 eventually. The sound signature was different before the burn in sessions.
Yes, can just be burning in continuously. You gotta leave it a couple hours to the least to reform itself. The best way to burn in is to leave it off for at least 4 hours, and then start to operate again during a 24 hours period

Sep 25, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #6,398 of 10,353
Yes, can just be burning in continuously. You gotta leave it a couple hours to the least to reform itself. The best way to burn in is to leave it off for at least 4 hours, and then start to operate again during a 24 hours period

Ah I see, so by leaving the caps in off-state, you mean to stop playback on the DX320 and keep the DX320 on in sleep mode, am I correct? Or do most people just shut the player off for at least 4 hours?

Sep 25, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #6,399 of 10,353
Ah I see, so by leaving the caps in off-state, you mean to stop playback on the DX320 and keep the DX320 on in sleep mode, am I correct? Or do most people just shut the player off for at least 4 hours?
Either sleeping or turning off is fine. The amp has the power disconnected after 30 seconds or so when there is no analog signals being played. In this state, the caps will slowly be setting itself

Sep 25, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #6,400 of 10,353
Hi,

Keep in mind that only you can really answer whether it is worth it or not. Also for which is better, I would say that it differs from person to person. If you prefer the signature that comes from the DX300, then the DX320 is not worth it. But if you prefer the DX320, then you might be better off with it in the end.

As for me, I don't really know if the DX320 is "better" or not because I haven't heard it, but the important part for me is that I am perfectly satisfied with the DX300, so there isn't any curiosity to "upgrade/sidegrade". For others the DX320 is an upgrade, but for me the DX300 (sound-wise) is darned near perfect, and I don't want to change it. I DO look forward to having more of those wonderful modular amp cards though to change the signature even more ways.

Sep 25, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #6,401 of 10,353
The dx312 had specific magic, hard to describe. The dx320 is better overall but it lacks something the dx312/EXN had at least for me. Dx312 + NOS = a reference sound with character.
The dx320 is better technically, the dx312 gave me specific mood and it was still on a very high level technically.
But as we all know, its a very personal and taste dependent field.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #6,402 of 10,353
The dx312 had specific magic, hard to describe. The dx320 is better overall but it lacks something the dx312/EXN had at least for me. Dx312 + NOS = a reference sound with character.
The dx320 is better technically, the dx312 gave me specific mood and it was still on a very high level technically.
But as we all know, its a very personal and taste dependent field.
I think it also comes down to head gear. For instance, with the IT-07, I didn't really start appreciating the Amp12 card until I got my 600ohms earbuds. Man! They just sound sublime.. But the IT-07 don't sound nearly as good to me on the Amp12 card as they do with the Amp11.2 card. Then the Amp13 card came along, and now my Hifiman sets are right back up there in the mix.

The point is that I love the DX300 overall, but the amp cards all have a home with me for sure. I love them all and as @Whitigir said the modularity keeps this thing fresh and different than the (wide) field of DAPs, whether it is the DX320 or the DX300. I might also throw in the DX240 because it is also modular. If I had that one, I am sure I would love it too. :)

Sep 25, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #6,404 of 10,353
Keep in mind that only you can really answer whether it is worth it or not. Also for which is better, I would say that it differs from person to person. If you prefer the signature that comes from the DX300, then the DX320 is not worth it. But if you prefer the DX320, then you might be better off with it in the end.

As for me, I don't really know if the DX320 is "better" or not because I haven't heard it, but the important part for me is that I am perfectly satisfied with the DX300, so there isn't any curiosity to "upgrade/sidegrade". For others the DX320 is an upgrade, but for me the DX300 (sound-wise) is darned near perfect, and I don't want to change it. I DO look forward to having more of those wonderful modular amp cards though to change the signature even more ways.
I find it very interesting about the longer battery life of the dx300 compared to the dx320

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back