DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Sep 18, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #6,272 of 10,347
thanks for your help, guys. I mailed with @Paul - iBasso , i have to send it back to Ibasso for inspection and repair.:slight_frown:
Sorry it had to come to that, but I'm glad (and feel confident) that it will be resolved. :)

Sep 18, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #6,273 of 10,347
Anker has fast chargers that don't have Qualcomm QC tehcnology and ones that do. I have an Anker fast charger and it has the Anker IQ tech. which is supposed to be compatible with QC and PD and some others but it's not actually promoted as having Qualcomms QC technology. I don't have the DX320 or DX300 but the Anker fast charger that I have quick charges every device that I have that incorporates a fast charging technology which includes the DX220 and an A&K and Fiio DAP as well as a tablet.

Point being, is the Anker charger that isn't working on the digital battery "just" an Anker fast charger with Anker IQ tech. or does it specifically have Qualcomm QC tech?
Personally, I don't think the DX320 should be so finicky. It kind of hints at something else going on to me. But whatever the case, just thought it worth mentioning that Anker uses different types of fast charge tech. in different chargers.

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #6,274 of 10,347
Anker has fast chargers that don't have Qualcomm QC tehcnology and ones that do. I have an Anker fast charger and it has the Anker IQ tech. which is supposed to be compatible with QC and PD and some others but it's not actually promoted as having Qualcomms QC technology. I don't have the DX320 or DX300 but the Anker fast charger that I have quick charges every device that I have that incorporates a fast charging technology which includes the DX220 and an A&K and Fiio DAP as well as a tablet.

Point being, is the Anker charger that isn't working on the digital battery "just" an Anker fast charger with Anker IQ tech. or does it specifically have Qualcomm QC tech?
Personally, I don't think the DX320 should be so finicky. It kind of hints at something else going on to me. But whatever the case, just thought it worth mentioning that Anker uses different types of fast charge tech. in different chargers.
This is what I already mentioned:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx3...1st-page-new-fw-2-03-855.962274/post-17149430

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #6,275 of 10,347
@T1000 Glad it sounds like iBasso is going to take care of the issue for you. Definitely appears like something in the charging circuitry and/or digital battery section going wonky. Hope it is resolved quickly.

FWIW, I have a few versions of Anker chargers. 3 (maybe 4) are PowerIQ, which doesn't do Qualcomm specific fast charging support, but I have a couple that are PowerIQ 3.0 that do support the Qualcomm 3.0 fast charging. These are strewn around the house (bedstand, desk, office, sofa table, etc.) so I don't have to move chargers around all the time. Definite lazy first world problem. Point is, I don't pay one bit of attention to what charger I'm plugging the DX320 into, as long as the cable end is USB C. One work location is just a power strip of USB ports...some are generic USB power only, the others are active USB 3.0 to an Apple Mac Pro. I plug the DX320 in there also (I think this is actually the iBasso supplied cable in use). Other cables....they are all iPad Pro USB C cables, both Apple (but mostly) Anker brands.

I also have a newer RAVpower (QC 3.0 enabled) and a very old Anker portable power bank get used from time to time. No problems charging anytime anywhere. Do I pay attention (or care) if it's fast charging...um, no.

Call me OCD on keeping things charged between 30-90%. I'm fine with that. And then there's one kiddo (and wifey) that wait until the phone/tablet battery hits 'red'....and only charge til it hits 'green'. Use the Anker or vehicle port chargers I've setup? Why? And then they wonder why the phone dies in the middle of a shopping trip !?!....sigh.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #6,276 of 10,347
i have a question about dx320. after I turn off the dx320 and don't use it for a while(3-5 hrs), when I turn on the dx320 again, there is no sound for the first 30-60 seconds. only a bit later the sound comes out, is it normal? sometimes comes out only from the right earpiece, and sometimes only from the left. but after a minute it's all back to normal. It's not the problem with my earphones because they play normal with other daps.

Sep 20, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #6,277 of 10,347
Man, that's a sick looking amp!!! I love it!!! :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Basically, build your amp on top of iBasso board! Nice!

So, a true class A sound too?
More detailed updates here :

1/ This is Burson V6 Classic Discrete OpAmps , with modifications works to fit into the Amp11 MK2S module

2/ The Burson needs further modifications on the power coupling and tweaking on decoupling .

3/ This makes the Dx300/320 to be the first Portable DAP to be enjoying a fully Class A Discrete from Input to the Output … even N8ii had the Line drivers to be OpAmp, and I Honestly think Ibasso should be able to bring about their next module similarly.

4/ Battery is down to about 4 hours when stabilized after burning in, which is the fastest drains I have had in any modules

5/ Yes, it is strongly class A sound with many bass textures , great density and dynamic , very wide/deep staging

6/ I have one single bug is when the player firsts turned on, it starts the ID sequences to check for amp modules, the left channel has Noises. But this is solved when you simply make sure to not be plugging any gears during the turning on step.

7/ it gets very warm, but not going to be as warm as N8ii, though still! You would want to keep it out in the open and not in the pocket with this module and amplifier topology. Again, straight class A from input to output for a portable is completely crazy!!!!!! Even for a desktop amp….!!!

However, this shows case that dx300/320 can enjoy this topology.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #6,278 of 10,347
i have a question about dx320. after I turn off the dx320 and don't use it for a while(3-5 hrs), when I turn on the dx320 again, there is no sound for the first 30-60 seconds. only a bit later the sound comes out, is it normal? sometimes comes out only from the right earpiece, and sometimes only from the left. but after a minute it's all back to normal. It's not the problem with my earphones because they play normal with other daps.
Try swapping out module yet? I don’t think I ever had that 30 seconds delay. May be 5 seconds when the player was busy ID-Ing the module ? On some firmware, the amp module would have the left on first prior to the right for about 1-2 seconds, but then again, it has something to do with the ID checking From when the player was off completely. With newest firmware, most of these bugs don’t happen

Sep 20, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #6,279 of 10,347
Try swapping out module yet? I don’t think I ever had that 30 seconds delay. May be 5 seconds when the player was busy ID-Ing the module ? On some firmware, the amp module would have the left on first prior to the right for about 1-2 seconds, but then again, it has something to do with the ID checking From when the player was off completely. With newest firmware, most of these bugs don’t happen
I already swapped module, but the same problem here. It happens with other IEMs or cables too. Maybe I should reset the dx320? I didn't try if the same problem happens with Android OS since I used to use just mango OS

Sep 20, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #6,280 of 10,347
More detailed updates here :

1/ This is Burson V6 Classic Discrete OpAmps , with modifications works to fit into the Amp11 MK2S module

2/ The Burson needs further modifications on the power coupling and tweaking on decoupling .

3/ This makes the Dx300/320 to be the first Portable DAP to be enjoying a fully Class A Discrete from Input to the Output … even N8ii had the Line drivers to be OpAmp, and I Honestly think Ibasso should be able to bring about their next module similarly.

4/ Battery is down to about 4 hours when stabilized after burning in, which is the fastest drains I have had in any modules

5/ Yes, it is strongly class A sound with many bass textures , great density and dynamic , very wide/deep staging

6/ I have one single bug is when the player firsts turned on, it starts the ID sequences to check for amp modules, the left channel has Noises. But this is solved when you simply make sure to not be plugging any gears during the turning on step.

7/ it gets very warm, but not going to be as warm as N8ii, though still! You would want to keep it out in the open and not in the pocket with this module and amplifier topology. Again, straight class A from input to output for a portable is completely crazy!!!!!! Even for a desktop amp….!!!

However, this shows case that dx300/320 can enjoy this topology.

Very nice! It's direct coupled all the way to the DAC?

Time to drill some holes in the back for ventilation! 🤣

Sep 20, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #6,281 of 10,347
Very nice! It's direct coupled all the way to the DAC?

Time to drill some holes in the back for ventilation! 🤣
Surprisingly, the Dx320 doesn’t get as hot as N8ii or any of the Shanling either. The amazing Ibasso engineering feasts!!

I also got a couple buddies who asked if DMP Z1 and or 3MaxTi had something similar

No, the answer is that I haven’t seen any portable to be topped out this way. DMP had Opamp line stage and class AB output, while 3MaxTi has Opamp line stage with class A discrete output.

If anyone already have any idea of what a fully discrete class A amplifier to sound like and operate like, you will know that they get madly hot as 60% of their energy…or even more are dissipated as heat.

This makes it so the most portable and pocketable player as Dx300/320 is the only platform at this moment that I know to be able to handle this….Yet

Yeah, I know I said that I wasn’t about to pull anymore mods, but I guess everyone knows me better than that 😂!! It has been a month or so, and I am still here. So my fires keep on burning

Also, big thanks to people who supported me by trading in and upgrades! Without you, I wouldn’t have ventured until this point*** because nothing is cheap !! You guys are my ⛽️ Thank you very much

On another hand, if anyone want to listen to Amp11Muse-XF, let me know.

Sep 20, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #6,282 of 10,347
Surprisingly, the Dx320 doesn’t get as hot as N8ii or any of the Shanling either. The amazing Ibasso engineering feasts!!

I also got a couple buddies who asked if DMP Z1 and or 3MaxTi had something similar

No, the answer is that I haven’t seen any portable to be topped out this way. DMP had Opamp line stage and class AB output, while 3MaxTi has Opamp line stage with class A discrete output.

If anyone already have any idea of what a fully discrete class A amplifier to sound like and operate like, you will know that they get madly hot as 60% of their energy…or even more are dissipated as heat.

This makes it so the most portable and pocketable player as Dx300/320 is the only platform at this moment that I know to be able to handle this….Yet

Yeah, I know I said that I wasn’t about to pull anymore mods, but I guess everyone knows me better than that 😂!! It has been a month or so, and I am still here. So my fires keep on burning

Also, big thanks to people who supported me by trading in and upgrades! Without you, I wouldn’t have ventured until this point*** because nothing is cheap !! You guys are my ⛽️ Thank you very much

On another hand, if anyone want to listen to Amp11Muse-XF, let me know.
Man you are one of the main reasons why im still coming back to this thread and to head fi on general. Ive found my toy already but you still keep me curious:)

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #6,283 of 10,347
Picture of that upgraded Amp11A-B ! This A stands for class A throughout and B stands for Burson discrete class A V6 Opamp. Nichicon fine gold, OSCON, film foils and polystyrene caps
23EB1BE9-E025-4699-B61C-E3569B014C78.jpeg

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #6,284 of 10,347
Picture of that upgraded Amp11A-B ! This A stands for class A throughout and B stands for Burson discrete class A V6 Opamp. Nichicon fine gold, OSCON, film foils and polystyrene caps

The increased battery draw must be immense, but wow that is an extreme change on the board! Amazing work.

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #6,285 of 10,347
I can send you some more solder if you need it. :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back