DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Sep 18, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #6,256 of 10,340
You could also try switching out the cable you are using to charge it. Some cables won't work (I found this out early on with the DX300). I am now using the cable that came with my Microsoft Xbox Elite version 2 controller. None of my other USB-C cables would allow quick charging, and I even saw (to a lesser extent) the issue you are having.

Checking out your charger I see that it uses PPS (which is supposed to interact seamlessly with PD type charging systems but maybe it doesn't in this case) rather than PD or QC. I wonder if this is the issue. IIRC the DX320 only uses PD or QC. I don't know if it is compatible with PPS. Something to look into with @ Paul - iBasso anyhow.
I switched cables but it´s not an issue with charging in general, the analog battery charges every time, it´s only the digital battery.

Sep 18, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #6,257 of 10,340
I switched cables but it´s not an issue with charging in general, the analog battery charges every time, it´s only the digital battery.
As I said earlier it COULD still be the charger issue (I had this issue in the beginning with the DX300 where it appeared to only charge one battery). For my part it was because I was using a Samsung quick charger (which uses their own proprietary quick charge protocol and/or the cable I selected). Do you have a normal charger (that isn't Samsung)? If you do, I would hook it up and leave it overnight and see if that works. It will be very slow, but it should end up charging both (though usually one at a time). That should help point out if it is a battery issue or a charging issue (at least one step closer). Or, you could try turning it off and plugging it into a PC USB-2.0 (or better) port. This will be really slow, but if left overnight, it SHOULD charge them both (if there isn't a battery issue).

It also could be a faulty battery, though if iBasso has checked it out and said that it is something to do with the charger, I dunno'.

Sep 18, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #6,258 of 10,340
Are there any recommendations for 1Tb micro sd cards for the DX320?

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #6,260 of 10,340
As I said earlier it COULD still be the charger issue (I had this issue in the beginning with the DX300 where it appeared to only charge one battery). For my part it was because I was using a Samsung quick charger (which uses their own proprietary quick charge protocol and/or the cable I selected). Do you have a normal charger (that isn't Samsung)? If you do, I would hook it up and leave it overnight and see if that works. It will be very slow, but it should end up charging both (though usually one at a time). That should help point out if it is a battery issue or a charging issue (at least one step closer). Or, you could try turning it off and plugging it into a PC USB-2.0 (or better) port. This will be really slow, but if left overnight, it SHOULD charge them both (if there isn't a battery issue).

It also could be a faulty battery, though if iBasso has checked it out and said that it is something to do with the charger, I dunno'.
Yes, i used normal chargers (have many of them) as well and i left them over night before. one more observation: charging the digital battery only works when it shows charging in the lock screen. That was the case yesterday too, tried many times, no charging in the lock screen = only analogue charging, once in the evening, lock screen shows charging, left it over night, result in the morning, analogue 100 %, digital only 86 %, no more charging.

Once i started charging, digital at 19 %, left it charging over night, next morning digital battery was at 0 %.

i don´t give much on the german distributor, i think they were able to charge it once and sent it back, i don´t know how many times they tried it before...

I think there are 2 possibilities:

- a faulty digital battery
- a problem in the charging mechanism, switching from one battery to the other

The charger and the cable are ok imo, because it charges the digital battery (sometimes). I think only @Paul - iBasso and the dev-team are able to help.
i hesitate to send it back to my dealer because i know that i´m without the DX320 for many weeks, especially when they will send it to Ibasso China.
I still hope there´s another solution, maybe a firmware issue....

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #6,261 of 10,340
Yes, i used normal chargers (have many of them) as well and i left them over night before. one more observation: charging the digital battery only works when it shows charging in the lock screen. That was the case yesterday too, tried many times, no charging in the lock screen = only analogue charging, once in the evening, lock screen shows charging, left it over night, result in the morning, analogue 100 %, digital only 86 %, no more charging.

Once i started charging, digital at 19 %, left it charging over night, next morning digital battery was at 0 %.

i don´t give much on the german distributor, i think they were able to charge it once and sent it back, i don´t know how many times they tried it before...

I think there are 2 possibilities:

- a faulty digital battery
- a problem in the charging mechanism, switching from one battery to the other

The charger and the cable are ok imo, because it charges the digital battery (sometimes). I think only @Paul - iBasso and the dev-team are able to help.
i hesitate to send it back to my dealer because i know that i´m without the DX320 for many weeks, especially when they will send it to Ibasso China.
I still hope there´s another solution, maybe a firmware issue....
Well, I am out of ideas, and hope you get it fixed. Do let us know what the (final) solution is?! :)

Sep 18, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #6,263 of 10,340
It is the charger issues. I get it whenever I don’t use Anker charger. For example, most of the time using apple charger is fine, but sometimes it wouldn’t charge either batteries, or sometimes only analog side. When I use Samsung, most of the time, only analog side FETs charge faster and digital going nowhere

Sep 18, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #6,264 of 10,340
It is the charger issues. I get it whenever I don’t use Anker charger. For example, most of the time using apple charger is fine, but sometimes it wouldn’t charge either batteries, or sometimes only analog side. When I use Samsung, most of the time, only analog side FETs charge faster and digital going nowhere
As i said before, i used several other chargers, the apple 20 watt charger as well, always the same behaviour...

Sep 18, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #6,268 of 10,340
Are you charging when it is off , or do you charge in MangoOS? AndroidOS ? I also notice that it charges better when in AndroidOS and. It when it is off . Try changing cables too
...every possible way...changed cables too...best is in android mode...but only when charging message shows up in the lock screen

Sep 18, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #6,269 of 10,340
...every possible way...changed cables too...best is in android mode...but only when charging message shows up in the lock screen

Sorry to ask this but have you tried the USB cable that iBasso supplied with the DX320? Use that with the Anker charger and see if it charges both batteries, otherwise you have a faulty/warped/damaged Digital battery.

When you are running into these problems, go to the "Battery" section of the DX320 settings, what does it say in the status of the battery? Does it say that it is fast charging or?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #6,270 of 10,340
Sorry to ask this but have you tried the USB cable that iBasso supplied with the DX320? Use that with the Anker charger and see if it charges both batteries, otherwise you have a faulty/warped/damaged Digital battery.

When you are running into these problems, go to the "Battery" section of the DX320 settings, what does it say in the status of the battery? Does it say that it is fast charging or?
Yes, i tried this cable too with the Anker charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back