DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Sep 17, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #6,241 of 10,341
Just for giggling 😍. An amp module where input buffer and output buffer (already discrete by Ibasso) are both class A and discrete !!

This renders the module to be a straight discrete and class A in and out!!

And well, for expected reason, discrete class A has some DC offset and they are 2.8mV - 3.3mV. I think that is dang great !

Battery drops like a rock….looking at about 4.5 hours. This is just to show case the possibilities, and no…. I wouldn’t want to work on it LOL!

Wires are Litz silver Goldplated (high end materials)

Solder is gold infused solder
9A869804-64D0-49C4-8357-9A81C037ED01.jpeg
Would be actually amazing if Ibasso would have a throughout class A discrete in and out module :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #6,242 of 10,341
Anyone here routinely swap amp modules?

Sep 17, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #6,244 of 10,341
Sep 17, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #6,246 of 10,341
Just for giggling 😍. An amp module where input buffer and output buffer (already discrete by Ibasso) are both class A and discrete !!

This renders the module to be a straight discrete and class A in and out!!

And well, for expected reason, discrete class A has some DC offset and they are 2.8mV - 3.3mV. I think that is dang great !

Battery drops like a rock….looking at about 4.5 hours. This is just to show case the possibilities, and no…. I wouldn’t want to work on it LOL!

Wires are Litz silver Goldplated (high end materials)

Solder is gold infused solder
9A869804-64D0-49C4-8357-9A81C037ED01.jpeg
Would be actually amazing if Ibasso would have a throughout class A discrete in and out module :wink:

Man, that's a sick looking amp!!! I love it!!! :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Basically, build your amp on top of iBasso board! Nice!

So, a true class A sound too?

Sep 17, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #6,248 of 10,341
I would be more concerned about losing the tiny screws.
They are crazy small, aren’t they!?!

Switched back and forth a few times with AMP 12 and AMP 11.2, been super careful/lucky so far. With the AMP 12…..2 sets of screws included.

Sep 17, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #6,249 of 10,341
Anyone here routinely swap amp modules?
I would be more concerned about losing the tiny screws.
I switch 2 or 3 times a day. I don't worry about the screws though because I don't use them. The silicone case that comes with Amp13 card fits it so well, I just make sure to put it back on when done. The amp doesn't move at all. I keep the screws, but just don't use them. :)

Sep 17, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #6,250 of 10,341
i just got my DX320 few days ago. I realized there are 2 batteries: Analogue and Digital.
Usually digital will drop faster than Analogue.

From my observation when i charged using PD charger (Aukey):
1) the analogue battery charged into 100% and digital battery still at 12%
2) Only I battery charge at one time
3) Even analogue battery already stayed at 100% for some times, the digital battery % still remained no charge

Actual situation:
My analogue already stayed at 100% for about 20 minutes but the digital batteries start drop from 12% to 7%. It still did not charge the digital battery.
Kinda worry as some said don't let batteries lower than some percentage.

Those who have experience on above matter, kindly share your experience. Is that both batteries not able to charge simultaneously?

Many thanks.

Sep 17, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #6,251 of 10,341
i just got my DX320 few days ago. I realized there are 2 batteries: Analogue and Digital.

3) Even analogue battery already stayed at 100% for some times, the digital battery % still remained no charge

Actual situation:
My analogue already stayed at 100% for about 20 minutes but the digital batteries start drop from 12% to 7%. It still did not charge the digital battery.

Those who have experience on above matter, kindly share your experience. Is that both batteries not able to charge simultaneously?

Many thanks.

A watched pot never boils

I would just hook it up to a charger and let it charge over night.

Sep 17, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #6,252 of 10,341

Actual situation:

Many thanks.

Get a proper fast charger like the ANKER one I use and both batteries will charge simultaneously even when playing music.
Some phone chargers don't work well with iBasso DAPs, in example my Note 9 charger won't even charge the player.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #6,253 of 10,341
Get a proper fast charger, like the ANKER one I use and both batteries will charge simultaneously even when playing music.
Some phone chargers don't work well with iBasso DAPs, in example, my Note 9 charger won't even charge the player.
I can confirm that Anker will always work with Ibasso nicely….even Samsung S22 charger doesn’t work nicely with Ibasso

Sep 18, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #6,254 of 10,341

Actual situation:

Many thanks.
Hi,

i have the excatly the same issue AND i use Anker Chargers (Anker Nano 30 W and 65 W). I tried it very often to charge the DX320, Analogue no problem, everytime to 100 %, Digital charging is a secret for me...i have to try it multiple times (sometimes 30 attempts or more) that charging starts.

Yesterday the Digital was at 51 %, no charging possible, Tried very often (30 times or more over the day) to charge it, analogue constantly up to 100 %, Digital still 51 %. Listened to it, Digital down to 28 %, last try in the evening.....begins charging. Left it over night, Analogue = 100 %, Digital only 86 %.

I sent it back to my dealer some weeks ago, he sent it to the distributor, after 6 weeks i got the DX320 back with the answer, that obviously my charger is the issue. It is not the charger, that´s for sure. The charging process has to start for both Analogue and Digital once i connected it with a proper charger and not only for the Analogue Battery.

I´m in contact with @Paul - iBasso about this.

Sep 18, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #6,255 of 10,341
Hi,

i have the excatly the same issue AND i use Anker Chargers (Anker Nano 30 W and 65 W). I tried it very often to charge the DX320, Analogue no problem, everytime to 100 %, Digital charging is a secret for me...i have to try it multiple times (sometimes 30 attempts or more) that charging starts.

Yesterday the Digital was at 51 %, no charging possible, Tried very often (30 times or more over the day) to charge it, analogue constantly up to 100 %, Digital still 51 %. Listened to it, Digital down to 28 %, last try in the evening.....begins charging. Left it over night, Analogue = 100 %, Digital only 86 %.

I sent it back to my dealer some weeks ago, he sent it to the distributor, after 6 weeks i got the DX320 back with the answer, that obviously my charger is the issue. It is not the charger, that´s for sure. The charging process has to start for both Analogue and Digital once i connected it with a proper charger and not only for the Analogue Battery.

I´m in contact with @Paul - iBasso about this.
You could also try switching out the cable you are using to charge it. Some cables won't work (I found this out early on with the DX300). I am now using the cable that came with my Microsoft Xbox Elite version 2 controller. None of my other USB-C cables would allow quick charging, and I even saw (to a lesser extent) the issue you are having.

Checking out your charger I see that it uses PPS (which is supposed to interact seamlessly with PD type charging systems but maybe it doesn't in this case) rather than PD or QC. I wonder if this is the issue. IIRC the DX320 only uses PD or QC. I don't know if it is compatible with PPS. Something to look into with @ Paul - iBasso anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back