DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 5, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #3,706 of 10,347
It's over at NP Audio site but you can wait for the whitigir tips in his thread
Thanks! I did have a look over at NP Audio before.... But haven't seen the local thread.

I skim too much too often (time constraints), will look into the NP audio site and that link in better detail. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #3,707 of 10,347
Haven't tested the DX320 with my IEMs yet (V16 Divinity and U12t), but for now, the holographic effects for the right songs are insane on the OG Arya on latest firmware and stock amp. It's just portable surround sound.
I do like and prefer OG firmware, but this OG drains the digital battery ways fast, especially when constantly on and not being idles.

It changes the behavior a bit when you root it and kernel controls it

So, the best firmware is OG and rooted
Looking forward to your root and kernel control guide cause I'm about to switch back to OG firmware.

Jul 6, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #3,709 of 10,347
Hi, can someone tell me what is the sound difference between stock amp12 and amp12EXN especially when attached to the DX320? I already comparing the stock amp12 with stock amp 11.2 on DX320 and to my ears the stock amp12 is a bit less warm, overall sound having more bites especially on the treble section with amp 11.2 is a bit smoother. bass decay is a bit longer on amp11.2 and amp12 having tighter bass. soundstage is wider on amp12 maybe due to it having more upfront on treble section and also better micro detail and separation then amp 11.2.

and now I'm wondering what is the amp12EXN can offer.

here is pic of my DX320

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #3,711 of 10,347
You should be able to use a coaxial digital cable or a usb cable to connect the DAP to a DAC.
@wazzupi, if I may chime in: It depends on what you want to do.

(1) A DAP in general doesn‘t work as an amp. It would need an analog input a.o. for that. I haven‘t seen any that has - correct me if I’m wrong.
(2) You can connect any (digital) device that is or has a DAC to your DAP. The former needs to have a digital out, the latter a digital in. Then the former acts as digital transport only, while you will hear the sound characteristics of the latter plus your IEMs/HPs.

Your original question looked like asking for (1).

Jul 6, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #3,712 of 10,347

(1) A DAP in general doesn‘t work as an amp. It would need an analog input a.o. for that. I haven‘t seen any that has - correct me if I’m wrong.
(2) You can connect any (digital) device that is or has a DAC to your DAP. The former needs to have a digital out, the latter a digital in. Then the former acts as digital transport only, while you will hear the sound characteristics of the latter plus your IEMs/HPs.

I only ask because I noticed it had a separate battery for the amp, and I was wondering if it had a analog input. but I looked at the manual and It doesn't have this function. Thank you

Jul 6, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #3,713 of 10,347

I wasn't sure exactly what they were asking either. I don't think using the USB-C would work as that bypasses the DAC and the amp (transport only). The coax does the same thing. But depending on which device you want in the chain first, it wouldn't work unless the DX was before the DAC (coax on the DX is output only). If this is the case it would bypass the amp and the DAC of the DX.

If you have the DAC in the chain first (we are also assuming that it is a DAC only???), you would have to use the USB-C into the DX, but this will bypass the DAC and use the internal DAC/amp of the DX (which is a bit pointless). If you are wanting to use the amp section of the DX, you are better off simply using the device by itself and leaving out the DAC.

Jul 6, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #3,714 of 10,347
I only ask because I noticed it had a separate battery for the amp, and I was wondering if it had a analog input. but I looked at the manual and It doesn't have this function. Thank you
As much power as the Amp12 card is capable of, that would be a really cool function to have. Then the DX would be pretty much a complete solution for many different things... :)

Jul 6, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #3,715 of 10,347
As much power as the Amp12 card is capable of, that would be a really cool function to have. Then the DX would be pretty much a complete solution for many different things... :)
Yeah, would be cool, but it would ask a ”portable“ device to be a full desktop device, too … Guess we aren‘t there yet, not even the FiiO M17 at several times the weight and form factor of a ”standard but TOTL“ DAP like DX320 or N8ii.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #3,717 of 10,347
Is it just me or are there those out there that prefer the amp 11s to the amp 13
I am sure there are. It all comes down to how well they synergize with your head gear. I prefer the Amp11.2 card to the Amp12 card with most (but not all) of my equipment. Same with Amp13 card. I have some earbuds that just don't sound as good with 13 as they do with either 11.2 or 12....

Jul 6, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #3,719 of 10,347
I am sure there are. It all comes down to how well they synergize with your head gear. I prefer the Amp11.2 card to the Amp12 card with most (but not all) of my equipment. Same with Amp13 card. I have some earbuds that just don't sound as good with 13 as they do with either 11.2 or 12....
My Sony ier m9 sound meh on the 13, JH Lola sound good not the best but the moondrop blessing 2 sounds great. The Sony and JH are better with the 11 amp and the 12 amp. Maybe the 13 amp isn't for me giving the tube ping when you switch iems and noise with streaming. Great idea the amp 13 just a bit too niche for me

Jul 6, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #3,720 of 10,347
Better late than never!
IMG_20220706_175534.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back