DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 3, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #3,676 of 10,343
Apparently or better yes it did
But it was a DAP I was looking to get so followed it all pretty closely and - but I might be wrong - it where the first released models having the crackling
I didn't see any issue posted anymore in a long time talking about people who bought a new SP2000T
Maybe they fixed it but it doesnt matter if the battery life on the sp2kT is around 4h when the tubes are on.

Jul 3, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #3,677 of 10,343
Maybe they fixed it but it doesnt matter if the battery life on the sp2kT is around 4h when the tubes are on.
No clue about the battery endurance
I was looking at it together with several other DAP
I passed for the crackling - at that moment
AK actually just released a new color in the SP2000T a few days ago and looks ... 👌
Now some reason I noticed the DX300 with the Amp11 MK II and Amp12 and price was right and grabbed it
Still enjoying it today ...

Jul 3, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #3,678 of 10,343
From my experience I didn't have any crackling or interference with the AK SP2000T, but I know others have reported interference. @RIGATIO not sure where the 4 hours battery life was reported on the AK but I was getting alot more than that when using the tube or hybrid mode.
The laggy ui compared to the DX320/N8ii was more of a gamechanger for me...very laggy
The N8ii has none in my experience but again as @jamato8 has said the N8ii has a bigger body and it has the korgs separated and shielded to avoid interference, i guess the downside for some will be the thicker body.

Jul 3, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #3,679 of 10,343
I did not install it. Reading the reviews, it appears to crash a lot, and I don't really want that on my system. Plus, I have no real use for this software. :) What are you using it for (if you don't mind me asking)? Streaming from your DX to your Chord poly streaming device wirelessly?

In the settings it looks like you can turn on bit-perfect. If you are hearing differences, this might be what you are hearing. Software bit-perfect option is DSP, so it will color the sound slightly.
It did not crash your system. Just try it, I'm sure you will be surprised with the sound of your DX320 via Mango Player. After that you can uninstall it.

I'm using it for streaming to my 2go. But I'm surprised it can change sound performance of DX320 a lot after install it.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #3,680 of 10,343
Just listen “All Along The Watchtower” and when Jimmy yelled “Hey” in the distant background I turned my head in that direction. It was an out of ear experience. I think this has something to do with the discrete amp and ROHM combination.

There are too many instances where I can’t find the words in the English vocabulary to describe what I am hearing and it goes for any headphone I am using.

Jul 4, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #3,681 of 10,343
Update: On new firmware, finally changed chargers and managed to charge the digital battery to 100%. After full charge and unplugging, upon turning on, noticed digital battery drained 9% after DAP was powered off for 8 hours.

Jul 4, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #3,682 of 10,343
The new firmware is growing even more on me. My old and trusty lcd2 sounds great with it

Jul 5, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #3,684 of 10,343
deleted

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #3,685 of 10,343
Had 2 days of a break from the dx320 slowly preparing it for sale, listening my old Pioneer 300r meanwhile and waiting for the Kann Max to come.
Today upgraded to the newest fw and fired it up with stock amp to check if everything is ok before i send it to the new owner and...
I'm not sure if i want to sell it anymore.
When pushed play on the first song, it striked me how bland and uninspiring my Pioneer and ifi zen dac v2 sound in comparison.
The dx320 is so holographic, dynamic, separated and insanely detailed.
I understood that these intense mids arent an issue, they are just immensely separated and detailed. It's really something special and i even find the new firmware slightly better that the OG. It's just more focused, cleaner, with bigger and more fun bass.
It really sounds like Stax in character.
Need to rethink a couple things.

Jul 5, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #3,686 of 10,343
Had 2 days of a break from the dx320 slowly preparing it for sale, listening my old Pioneer 300r meanwhile and waiting for the Kann Max to come.
Today upgraded to the newest fw and fired it up with stock amp to check if everything is ok before i send it to the new owner and...
I'm not sure if i want to sell it anymore.
When pushed play on the first song, it striked me how bland and uninspiring my Pioneer and ifi zen dac v2 sound in comparison.
The dx320 is so holographic, dynamic, separated and insanely detailed.
I understood that these intense mids arent an issue, they are just immensely separated and detailed. It's really something special and i even find the new firmware slightly better that the OG. It's just more focused, cleaner, with bigger and more fun bass.
It really sounds like Stax in character.
Need to rethink a couple things.
For fun I have been comparing the Utopia and DX320 to my A-10 and HE90 a lot. Yes different, no doubt, but the quality of musicality is there, The level that the Utopia and 320 obtain is very surprising and no less, not at all, musically satisfying.

Jul 5, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #3,687 of 10,343
Im now wondering where are the higher mid peeks ive heard before. All i can hear now is an amazingly detailed and emotional presentation across the whole spectrum. Its like being in a top music club in Berlin when im listening to the electronic music. Im overwhelmed.
The mids are so alive, intensive, clean but they took a step back, creating a buble-like space around my head.

Jul 5, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #3,688 of 10,343
Im now wondering where are the higher mid peeks ive heard before. All i can hear now is an amazingly detailed and emotional presentation across the whole spectrum. Its like being in a top music club in Berlin when im listening to the electronic music. Im overwhelmed.
The mids are so alive, intensive, clean but they took a step back, creating a buble-like space around my head.
You’re listening to stock amp ?

Jul 5, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #3,690 of 10,343
Updating to the newest fw i did this:

- factory reset through the bios
- another factory reset after rebooting the system from the Settings level
- firmware update using 660 Tool
- factory reset in bios
- factory reset from system level, without any settings configuration
- then stright after the last factory reset, 5x restarted the system
- then perforemed the whole configuration, downloading apps etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back