Dx320 optimizing discussions
Jun 22, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #17 of 105
PCM to DSD in neutron is a degrading way to listen on dx320. The ROHM chips are pretty uniques. You can listen and compare for yourself

Also, the new firmware enabled Neutron without 64 bits processing. It also sound better without 64 but processing as well
This is good to know so I quoted your post here. 👍

Jul 13, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #18 of 105
Thanks for the thread/tutorial.

MacOS user, used to play with tweaks/installs of custom ROMs, etc. on Android 8 & 9, HTC devices mostly, ended with a One+ before migrating back to iOS.

Just installed ADB on a Mac Mini, running Mojave, 10.14.6. Followed the steps outlined using MacOS's Terminal app to debloat my DX320, has 2.02.834 installed. A few apps along the adb stream (I did one big copy/paste) said 'not installed', likely as I had already disabled that service/app anyway (old Android habit).

Everything appears successful, running ~1.4-1.5 gb on system RAM now.

Most interested to see how this works out for normalizing the drain between the digital and analog batts.

And...a few of you may know, I'm a Poweramp user versus Neutron. Worked through the Neutron suggested settings, many of them also available inside Poweramp's settings menu...just labeled different. Poweramp has an active forum that I refer to from time to time.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #19 of 105
I just got my DX320 and I love it. I found a way around the EMI issues with WiFi on AMP13 that I thought I would share. If you turn off WiFi and connect to a phone hotspot via Bluetooth it bypasses the EMI crackle but you still have wireless. It’s not as fast because Bluetooth hotspot is much much slower but I can stream Tidal in normal quality on it. It’s too slow for Master quality. But it works well in a pinch just to have a connection when using AMP13.

You have to turn on Internet Access under the Bluetooth connection itself. Thought I’d share. Other than the EMI with AMP13, I love it overall.

Aug 6, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #20 of 105
Even better than Bluetooth hotspot, I created a spare SSID with my Amplifi Alien router that is only 2.4Ghz and the EMI noise with AMP13 is gone! I think it’s 5Ghz specifically that does it in. It’s completely silent when connected to 2.4Ghz WiFi and AMP13. I’m super stoked about that.

EDIT: 99.99% gone, sometimes I get an extremely faint crackle, but it’s light years better than 5Ghz.

EDIT 2: It returned when it reconnected to the 5Ghz when I stepped out of range with 2.4Ghz, but I forgot the 5Ghz and it’s gone. I really think I’m right on this one. 5Ghz WiFi does the AMP13 in.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #21 of 105
Even better than Bluetooth hotspot, I created a spare SSID with my Amplifi Alien router that is only 2.4Ghz and the EMI noise with AMP13 is gone! I think it’s 5Ghz specifically that does it in. It’s completely silent when connected to 2.4Ghz WiFi and AMP13. I’m super stoked about that.

EDIT: 99.99% gone, sometimes I get an extremely faint crackle, but it’s light years better than 5Ghz.

EDIT 2: It returned when it reconnected to the 5Ghz when I stepped out of range with 2.4Ghz, but I forgot the 5Ghz and it’s gone. I really think I’m right on this one. 5Ghz WiFi does the AMP13 in.
It makes senses as 5Gz has a longer spectrum width and is more aggressively invasive. It is a great finding there. However, I don’t use streaming much, So I am pretty happy with it the way that it is

Aug 12, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #22 of 105
It makes senses as 5Gz has a longer spectrum width and is more aggressively invasive. It is a great finding there. However, I don’t use streaming much, So I am pretty happy with it the way that it is
I hear you. My offline library has fallen into disarray since streaming came along. And I can’t tell the difference between Tidal Masters and FLAC with my middle-aged ears so there’s just not much motivation on my part to fix it. 😀

Sep 13, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #24 of 105
I don't use Tidal, but the Qobuz app downloads and saves hi-res files for offline listening without any problems.

Sep 14, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #26 of 105
I talked to a guy who said that offline saved Qobuz sounds better than streaming it. I tried it on my iPhone -> Gryphon and it could be my imagination but I think he's right
I use Qobuz in both offline and streaming mode every day, either on the DX320 or an iPhone 12 Pro Max. This difference is probably the settings used between the two modes. I don’t remember the default settings (have to delete and re-install)….but if the brain memory is correct, streaming is set to 320kb/s and the import setting is at least CD-16 bit/44.1khz. There are settings for both Cellular streaming/importing AND Wi-Fi streaming/importing.

Sep 14, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #27 of 105
I use Qobuz in both offline and streaming mode every day, either on the DX320 or an iPhone 12 Pro Max. This difference is probably the settings used between the two modes. I don’t remember the default settings (have to delete and re-install)….but if the brain memory is correct, streaming is set to 320kb/s and the import setting is at least CD-16 bit/44.1khz. There are settings for both Cellular streaming/importing AND Wi-Fi streaming/importing.
Ya I have mine set to 24/192 on both but maybe the bit rate is slightly lower than the SD card read speed or something.

Sep 14, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #30 of 105
Ya I have mine set to 24/192 on both but maybe the bit rate is slightly lower than the SD card read speed or something.
So…..the question in my mind then becomes…. Did you specifically tell Qobuz to use the SD card in the DX320? It’s not the default setting. Qobuz uses the internal 320 memory unless you change the setting. And….fwiw, I tried this. In my case it made Qobuz unusable. It lagged like molasses for the simplest task. I deleted Qobuz and started over, only changed the settings for sound quality at the highest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back