Dx320 optimizing discussions
Sep 15, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #31 of 105
So…..the question in my mind then becomes…. Did you specifically tell Qobuz to use the SD card in the DX320? It’s not the default setting. Qobuz uses the internal 320 memory unless you change the setting. And….fwiw, I tried this. In my case it made Qobuz unusable. It lagged like molasses for the simplest task. I deleted Qobuz and started over, only changed the settings for sound quality at the highest.
Sorry I confused you. My liquid metal version DX320 is shipping at the end of the month from Bloom. Could your issue be caused by the read speed of your SD card? The UHS-II ones seem to go up to like 300 MB/sec, but they don't have any 1TB cards. In a perfect world someone would sell a 2TB card like that

Sep 15, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #32 of 105
I saw a picture from where dx300 plays at lower bit rate than dx320. I am not sure if it is related to offline vs stored or not, but bit rate can be displayed by mango player ? I don't stream, so I can't tell...but it is also possible that the Quobuz in itself isn't a really good player either. Even among players apps, some will do better

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #33 of 105
Sorry I confused you. My liquid metal version DX320 is shipping at the end of the month from Bloom. Could your issue be caused by the read speed of your SD card? The UHS-II ones seem to go up to like 300 MB/sec, but they don't have any 1TB cards. In a perfect world someone would sell a 2TB card like that
I saw a picture from where dx300 plays at lower bit rate than dx320. I am not sure if it is related to offline vs stored or not, but bit rate can be displayed by mango player ? I don't stream, so I can't tell...but it is also possible that the Quobuz in itself isn't a really good player either. Even among players apps, some will do better

Possibly, I've not checked it's read speeds. It was advertised as a Sandisk Extreme micro sd card....512gb size.

However, FLAC/DSD files stored on the exact same card play with zero issues through UAPP, Neutron, Poweramp, etc.

Note that Qobuz is an app like Tidal, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, etc. It plays it's own files, you can choose to either stream them, or store them locally (either in the DX320 internal memory, or on the external micro sd card). The problem existed whether playing it's own local files or streaming, so it's possibly an app issue. As soon as I deleted the app, reinstalled (without setting up to use external memory), everything was back to normal. I was going to try again on the next iBasso firmware update....with a complete wipe/reset of the DX320 and see what happens.

Sep 16, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #35 of 105
What do you guys think of the A&K SP3000? Would it be worth getting that instead of the liquid metal DX320?
I don’t know about you, but the SP3K seems like an over kill. It is like 2 DAPs cramped into 1 with 2 systems that is SE, or Balanced. If you like or used balanced, then SE is completely unused from the DSP to the DAC, and vice versa!

On top of that SP3K has no modular designs.

The luxurious pricing of SP3K doesn’t help either. While the pricing is Luxurious, customer services isn’t luxurious like Ibasso. Doesn’t even have it own dedicated OS. What AK has is a Brand and a Price. Yeah, May be I will listen to it when the opportunity would present itself, but I rather stick with Ibasso as it has many other reasons.

If I would liked a solution where DSP is separated away from the DAC, I would wait for Ibasso to come out with the next product that also have 3x batteries independently like.

1/ batteries for DSP + SOC
2/ batteries for DAC
3/ batteries for Amplifier

Now, this is truly completely separated and independent solutions. Do keep in mind that having AK4191EQ as an external DSP into AK4499EX as an external DAC is a solution from AKM and not A&K

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #36 of 105
I don’t know about you, but the SP3K seems like an over kill. It is like 2 DAPs cramped into 1 with 2 systems that is SE, or Balanced. If you like or used balanced, then SE is completely unused from the DSP to the DAC, and vice versa!

On top of that SP3K has no modular designs.

The luxurious pricing of SP3K doesn’t help either. While the pricing is Luxurious, customer services isn’t luxurious like Ibasso. Doesn’t even have it own dedicated OS. What AK has is a Brand and a Price. Yeah, May be I will listen to it when the opportunity would present itself, but I rather stick with Ibasso as it has many other reasons.

If I would liked a solution where DSP is separated away from the DAC, I would wait for Ibasso to come out with the next product that also have 3x batteries independently like.

1/ batteries for DSP + SOC
2/ batteries for DAC
3/ batteries for Amplifier

Now, this is truly completely separated and independent solutions. Do keep in mind that having AK4191EQ as an external DSP into AK4499EX as an external DAC is a solution from AKM and not A&K
Sweet I'll stick with the iBasso and perhaps get some more AMP modules (I still don't understand those...) I wish that these DAPs used normal batteries. Perhaps a pair of 14500 Lithium Ions or something (I'm into flashlights and lasers). My HiBy R6 Pro's battery is toast and i have to keep it plugged in to use or go through the hassle of shipping it to China

Sep 16, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #37 of 105
Sweet I'll stick with the iBasso and perhaps get some more AMP modules (I still don't understand those...) I wish that these DAPs used normal batteries. Perhaps a pair of 14500 Lithium Ions or something (I'm into flashlights and lasers). My HiBy R6 Pro's battery is toast and i have to keep it plugged in to use or go through the hassle of shipping it to China
The only reason to be using li-ion non-removable is so that these packs are customized, and fit better. However, the back glass panel should be removable though

Sep 17, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #38 of 105
Are there any physical mods available to increase digital battery life? My DX320's digital battery drains much faster than the analogue (running an AMP13 on High gain).

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #39 of 105
Are there any physical mods available to increase digital battery life? My DX320's digital battery drains much faster than the analogue (running an AMP13 on High gain).
There is currently no known mod that can accommodate a physical larger battery yet. Also, no such known battery with higher capacity either

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #40 of 105
Good afternoon. I bought a DX320 days ago, everything was working normally, after a load it didn't want to turn on anymore.

Nothing made him call I contacted Mr Paul, I think a representative of the Ibasso brand, he kindly responded very quickly to my emails.

At then the first solutions he suggested to me didn't solve the problem, it wouldn't turn on at all.

In the last orientation he gave me a rom download and two programs, qualcomm usb drive, Qpst “Qfil” and a tutorial....

I followed the tutorial, however when Qfil starts to download it gives an error saying “Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Faill:precess fail

I couldn't install the rom because of this error, but I noticed that with the installation of the Qualcomm driver, when I press the power button for 15s it turns on, "Audio Ibasso" appears, tries to initialize android and can't...

That way I managed to enter, I don't know how, in Reset Factory mode, I reset to the factory settings, which didn't solve...

Download the latest Rom, I put it in the root of the memory card, try to install the rom through that menu, I couldn't....

I've been racking my brains for more than 8 hours to get my DX320 turned on...

Attachments

• ibasso2.png
    ibasso2.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
Sep 22, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #41 of 105
Good afternoon. I bought a DX320 days ago, everything was working normally, after a load it didn't want to turn on anymore.

Nothing made him call I contacted Mr Paul, I think a representative of the Ibasso brand, he kindly responded very quickly to my emails.

At then the first solutions he suggested to me didn't solve the problem, it wouldn't turn on at all.

In the last orientation he gave me a rom download and two programs, qualcomm usb drive, Qpst “Qfil” and a tutorial....

I followed the tutorial, however when Qfil starts to download it gives an error saying “Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Faill:precess fail

I couldn't install the rom because of this error, but I noticed that with the installation of the Qualcomm driver, when I press the power button for 15s it turns on, "Audio Ibasso" appears, tries to initialize android and can't...

That way I managed to enter, I don't know how, in Reset Factory mode, I reset to the factory settings, which didn't solve...

Download the latest Rom, I put it in the root of the memory card, try to install the rom through that menu, I couldn't....

I've been racking my brains for more than 8 hours to get my DX320 turned on...
Sahara fails usually means 1 or 2 things

1/ USB drivers are not installed correctly.
2/ Either USB ports or cables are not adequate, in which, you may want to change to a newer USB cables and or USB ports.

You can also try to initiate from recovery mode, update with ABD and external options or so….I forgot what it was called exactly lol, and I am not at home. Basically, under this mode, you can utilize ABD and a designated folder location to initialize the firmware upgrade toward your dx320

Sep 22, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #42 of 105
Sahara fails usually means 1 or 2 things

1/ USB drivers are not installed correctly.
2/ Either USB ports or cables are not adequate, in which, you may want to change to a newer USB cables and or USB ports.

You can also try to initiate from recovery mode, update with ABD and external options or so….I forgot what it was called exactly lol, and I am not at home. Basically, under this mode, you can utilize ABD and a designated folder location to initialize the firmware upgrade toward your dx320

Is there a way to solve the problem here?

Attachments

• a81e5dc2-d35e-48cc-b721-8c4ebac8118d.jpg
    a81e5dc2-d35e-48cc-b721-8c4ebac8118d.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 22, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #45 of 105
So....I have not gone through this level of things on the DX320. It's been since Android 9, maybe 10 that I was loading custom roms on HTC and One+ devices. Everything I did was through adb commands (on MacOS) and recovery bootloader.

However...if you are seeing the recovery screen, your 320 is not totally 'bricked'. The recovery bootloader is working, it just needs the OS (custom firmware from iBasso). Someone smarter will correct me if I'm remembering wrong. :relaxed:

What happens if you put the image file that Paul had you download, onto the root directory of the sd card, then choose the 'apply update from sd card' menu item?

You are so close I believe.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back