DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Mar 31, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #751 of 971
Hi
I only play files through mango and only albums......generally start to finish
After being played first time issue is there
Repeat playing and the issue is gone.
I had a similar issue on one of my previous ibasso players but that went after a full reset and firmware update

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #752 of 971
Hmm....I'll see if I have the same issue when I get to the end of the album I'm listening to. I'm also having issues with Mango player - it doesn't seem to find all my albums, only about a third of them. Search doesn't work either. Any ideas anybody?

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #753 of 971
Hmm....I'll see if I have the same issue when I get to the end of the album I'm listening to. I'm also having issues with Mango player - it doesn't seem to find all my albums, only about a third of them. Search doesn't work either. Any ideas anybody?
Never had that problem with any of my ibasso players however I have read in past posts from other members of missing music files. I seem to remember that the most frequent response was multiple media scans .
There was also mention of "tags" being incorrect however I have absolutely no idea what that means and how that can be resolved
Good luck

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #754 of 971
Hi, I made an account to report that my DX260 crapped out on me on a 12 hour flight back to the USA from Asia. It just doesn't charge anymore. Basic troubleshooting doesn't yield any help. Before the battery died, I switched from the two OS's to no avail.

I tried to reach out to the merchant but they haven't reached out in a week. Does anyone know how to contact iBasso and what the policy is? I enjoyed the device while it worked and I had the volume knob nice and smoothed out! Now I'm leaning towards using the merchant's return policy and buying the Sony Wm1am2 for the better reliability and brand name. I'm open to suggestions. Honestly I think these DAPs might be a little overkill for what I need it for; I want a decent screen, balanced 4.4mm, and enough juice to power my DCA E3 and go through a couple hours of FLAC. I listen to classical music if that matters.

Apr 1, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #755 of 971
Hi, I made an account to report that my DX260 crapped out on me on a 12 hour flight back to the USA from Asia. It just doesn't charge anymore. Basic troubleshooting doesn't yield any help. Before the battery died, I switched from the two OS's to no avail.

I tried to reach out to the merchant but they haven't reached out in a week. Does anyone know how to contact iBasso and what the policy is? I enjoyed the device while it worked and I had the volume knob nice and smoothed out! Now I'm leaning towards using the merchant's return policy and buying the Sony Wm1am2 for the better reliability and brand name. I'm open to suggestions. Honestly I think these DAPs might be a little overkill for what I need it for; I want a decent screen, balanced 4.4mm, and enough juice to power my DCA E3 and go through a couple hours of FLAC. I listen to classical music if that matters.
I am sorry you are having issues with the DX260. It is possible the battery was run down to a point that it does not charge now. You can try plugging the DX260 into a low current output device like a computer to try and wake the battery as this often works. Also, hold the power button for 20 seconds to see if you can get the DX to wake up. And, you can take the back off, take the battery connector out and put it back in (this is fairly easy) and this can often wake the battery up. We have made the DX260 with easy battery access for any future needs of a new battery, which happens with all devices.

You can email me at paul@ibasso.com.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 2, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #756 of 971
Never had that problem with any of my ibasso players however I have read in past posts from other members of missing music files. I seem to remember that the most frequent response was multiple media scans .
There was also mention of "tags" being incorrect however I have absolutely no idea what that means and how that can be resolved
Good luck
Thanks for that. You appear to be correct - on repeated scans of the SD card, it's discovering more files. Think I now have about 2 thirds of my library recognised. So this made me wonder whether Mango player needs updating. Unfortunately I've removed the stores that probably would have updated it (APK something wasn't it). Any idea how I get them back? I don't think I can update it through the Google Play store from what I can see....

From the "System Info" screen in Mango player, it says I'm on Version 3.6.7, what's everyone else on?

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #758 of 971
Hi
Interesting I am very glad you are recovering your files
I still think the media scan function may be the cause behind your missing files and my snipping of end tracks
When I get home later I am going to go very old fashioned and eject SD card switch everything off and then Reboot and reinstall and rescan the SD card.
I am on the latest firmware but will check the mango version to see if that is different.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #759 of 971
@Paul - iBasso
Hi there, can you shed any light on this please? I'm having to repeatedly perform media scans - each time it discovers more music files.

EDIT: I don't know why, but on the last scan it's lost many thousands of files, putting me back several scans I guess....

ANOTHER EDIT: Ok, so I just performed another scan without taking my eyes off it and it's stopping the scan having only gotten to about 30% of the way through scanning the SD card. Mango player closes, maybe crashes at that point. So that's probably not helping!

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #760 of 971
@Paul - iBasso
Hi there, can you shed any light on this please? I'm having to repeatedly perform media scans - each time it discovers more music files.

EDIT: I don't know why, but on the last scan it's lost many thousands of files, putting me back several scans I guess....

ANOTHER EDIT: Ok, so I just performed another scan without taking my eyes off it and it's stopping the scan having only gotten to about 30% of the way through scanning the SD card. Mango player closes, maybe crashes at that point. So that's probably not helping!
it has probably to do with the metadata in one of your songs. the only way to see which one, is to try to make incremental small updates and see when it starts failing

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #761 of 971
Please check tagging etc. And what brand of cards are being used?

I have also asked our software team to look into this but we have not had issues with scanning so I need more information. I also reached out to a couple of reviewers that have the DX260 and they have not had issues so I need more information on what might be causing this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 2, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #762 of 971

I have also asked our software team to look into this but we have not had issues with scanning so I need more information. I also reached out to a couple of reviewers that have the DX260 and they have not had issues so I need more information on what might be causing this.
Paul, these are all FLAC rips of my own CD collection. It's a copy of the same collection I use for Roon and in Apple Music, both with no problems. The SD card is Sandisc Extreme Pro 1tb, only about half full. When I scan in Mango OS, it had no problems at all. Find everything perfectly from what I can see. The problem is when I'm using Mango in Android OS. The scan stopped before getting to 100%, it was getting to 50+% , just now it got to 84%. But then Mango crashes and needs restarting. This is the closest I've got so far, after about 20 scans and I'm still about 1000 files short.
EDIT: The last scan stopped at about 13% on the dial and now I'm back to being about 12000 files short...

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #764 of 971
it has probably to do with the metadata in one of your songs. the only way to see which one, is to try to make incremental small updates and see when it starts failing
Thanks for your reply. The scan doesn't stop at the same point each time. Using successive scans, I get to about 13k songs (I've just over 16k songs), it crashes each time, getting to about 30-50% of the scan (according to the circle of progress it shows) each time. The most it's ever got to was about 83% before crashing. Then, (this has happened twice now), it crashes at 10-25% scan completed and when I check my song count I'm back down to 500-2000 songs.

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #765 of 971

Hi Paul

Please can you check my recent posts regarding a minor playback issue that may be related to hjf3Gd problem.
I suspect there is a issue either in scanning the SD card library or gapless playback.

In a nutshell the last track of an album is snipped at the end the first time it's played if it is played last in the correct order with the rest of the album preceding it.

On subsequent playbacks the entire track is played.

The cut is only a mere mini second or so but is noticeable if you know the piece of music well .

If the last track of an album is played then the entire album played in the correct order subsequently there is no issue and the last track is played in full.

Hopefully the above makes sense.

I am on the latest update and all my tracks are hi res music obtained from quoboz etc.

I think this a bug that hopefully can be sorted by your software team.

I seem to remember that there was a similar issue with one of your previous dx models which was sorted by an filmware update.

I can't remember which dx it was as I have progressed from the dx50 upwards to my current player the dx260 which I am very happy with.

Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back