DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Mar 24, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #736 of 865
Hi
Also recently upgraded to the 260 from 240....
Really happy so far with the player and it's sound however one minor issue with which I would like to sort out
Whilst playing in mango the last track of an album is cut a few seconds from the end of playing time.
I remember this happening with a previous ibasso player which was sorted I think by a full reset after a firmware update.
My question is that when adding my favoured streaming services and Google Playstore to the player I deleted the pre loaded apps that enabled me to install Playstore and from that my favoured streaming apps.
Would a full reset restore these original apps APK pure etc so that I could then re install Google Playstore as before
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you in advance
The latest firmware has Google Play Store.

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #741 of 865
Thank you both jamato8 and goodvibes you were both right and after completing the full reset the minor issue of lopping off the end (last few seconds ) of the last track playing appears to have been sorted.
The cutting was very jarring and obvious . I am certainly not aware of that now.

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #742 of 865
can you guys compare dx260 to Sony wm1am2?
Do you like warm sound or reference neutral sound? Warm - Sony, Neutral - Ibasso

Technicalities and power output wise it's a mismatch, they aren't the Sony's forte. So is battery life but to the Sony's favor this time.

Mar 27, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #743 of 865
Do you like warm sound or reference neutral sound? Warm - Sony, Neutral - Ibasso

Technicalities and power output wise it's a mismatch, they aren't the Sony's forte. So is battery life but to the Sony's favor this time.
I had dx320 for 2 times… and we can say its technical neutral sound… but for me its too shouty on upper mods and somewhat dirty compare to m17. Last one replaced my second 320… I see dx260 has cirrus chip and I hope it can be really neutral and balanced sound

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #745 of 865
I had dx320 for 2 times… and we can say its technical neutral sound… but for me its too shouty on upper mods and somewhat dirty compare to m17. Last one replaced my second 320… I see dx260 has cirrus chip and I hope it can be really neutral and balanced sound

DX260 is a way less shouty than DX320. This is the most neutral source I have ever heard.

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #746 of 865
Three questions:
Does the DX260 handle MQA? I didn't see any mention on this thread or iBasso website. Not that big of an issue since Tidal is getting rid of it, but I'm curious.
Will Roon and/or Roon ARC work well on the DX260? With the open Android, I could assume so, but I'd like to confirm if it can.
Does it have bi-diractional bluetooth? I.e. when I'm out an about can I stream from my phone, but listen on the DX260 through a bluetooth connection to my phone.

Thanks. I've been away from buying any new gear for a while, but thinking I need a new DAP. I have the original A&K Kann and a Hiby R5, so they're pretty old and don't fully meet my needs.

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #747 of 865
Will Roon and/or Roon ARC work well on the DX260? With the open Android, I could assume so, but I'd like to confirm if it can.
Currently Roon/Roon Arc do not 100% work unfortunately. Both apps cant switch sample frequencies , so you need to play something in another app in the desired sample rate and then switch to roon /roon arc .
yes it has bidirectional bluetooth, but only sbc/aac as a receiver i believe. the delay is also quite high, i tried it once and never used it again. as a transmitter its fine though , with minimal delay and ldac support.

Mar 30, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #748 of 865
This or the Hiby R6 pro II? Does the 260 have anything like MSEB or system wide peq?

Mar 31, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #749 of 865
Falling down the rabbit hole.....
In a follow on to a previous post .....unfortunately my Dx260 still snips off the finial seconds of the last track of an album .
My player is fully updated and I have completed a full reset which greatly reduced this cut and made it far less jarring however unfortunately as you listen to your favourite music the little snip is still noticeable
I play my music via an SD card through the pure mango app on the player
Once the final track has been played once and I repeat it the track it then plays in full.
My initial thoughts were it was the gapless feature playing up but now I am wondering if it is the media scan feature.
I have scanned many times to keep things updated.
Although minor and it appears that there is a work around to enjoy the music as it should be I would like to get to the bottom of this.
Does anyone else notice this on their player?
Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter
Thank for your patience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back