DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Mar 15, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #721 of 865
I can respect that but suspect your preferences are different than someone like me that finds almost every DAP optimized for med gain and always preferred apodizing filter on the 240 but I see they've chosen to not make that one available here. The chip has 7 available of which they've opted for 4 plus NOS. I'm actually a little disappointed by that.
Didn't experiment too much with gain on the DX260 but I am using the medium gain on the M15s because it sounds the most dynamic.

Super high gain crushes the dynamics perceivably for me.

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #724 of 865
Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #725 of 865
Will this DAP be a good improvement over a Hiby R6 Pro I series or do you recommend anything else for this price?
I really like the sound of the Hiby but it continues to give me problems (once the headphone jack broke, twice the volume + button got stuck and I had to take it to assistance).

Mar 17, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #726 of 865
I find Mango OS to sound cleaner and more refined than Android.
IT IS, IT IS MY DEAR FRIEND. I was amazed when I tried the Mango OS and I have been using the DX260 in that mode only ever since then. But then I sold my other Streaming DAP and had to return back to Android mode for streaming purposes.

Mar 17, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #727 of 865
Will this DAP be a good improvement over a Hiby R6 Pro I series or do you recommend anything else for this price?
I really like the sound of the Hiby but it continues to give me problems (once the headphone jack broke, twice the volume + button got stuck and I had to take it to assistance).
Coming from the R6 Pro II myself, I find the DX260 to have better sound performance, more power to the output, and better battery life. Although the screen is smaller here on the DX260 which might be an issue for people with larger fingers.

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #729 of 865
Hi there, well this is my first DAP (Since various iPods)! I realised there was so much I didn't know about these things, so I've read all 49 pages of this thread and learnt a lot, so thank you to all the contributors. I've had it for about 5 days now and eventually, I've decided to use the burn-in cable (I hadn't a clue what that was until I read about it in this thread) and let it burn in for a few days. Very happy with it so far.

A couple of questions if you don't mind; Mango player hasn't recognised all my album art and several albums have the default picture of a record on a turntable. What's causing that? Does Mango recognise the art from the file's tag itself, or does it need a separate pic in the album's folder? Is there a limit to the size/format/name I need to adhere to?

I there an app out there to allow further customisation of the physical buttons on the DAP? I'd like to configure a long press to lock the DAP controls, for instance.

Lastly, I've been looking for a 4.4mm to MMCX cable to use with my IEMs. Of all the cables available off the shelf in the UK, Fiio seems to supply a fair range. Just wondered whether anyone had any opinions on these?

Many thanks

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #730 of 865
Today i noticed that wifi guest networks dont work properly on the dx260 (the ones that redirect you to a webportal to login) It doesnt ask for a password and just connects and no redirect happens, so no internet connections is ever established. Anyone else noticed the same problem?

Mar 24, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #731 of 865
Hi
Also recently upgraded to the 260 from 240....
Really happy so far with the player and it's sound however one minor issue with which I would like to sort out
Whilst playing in mango the last track of an album is cut a few seconds from the end of playing time.
I remember this happening with a previous ibasso player which was sorted I think by a full reset after a firmware update.
My question is that when adding my favoured streaming services and Google Playstore to the player I deleted the pre loaded apps that enabled me to install Playstore and from that my favoured streaming apps.
Would a full reset restore these original apps APK pure etc so that I could then re install Google Playstore as before
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you in advance

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #733 of 865
Today i noticed that wifi guest networks dont work properly on the dx260 (the ones that redirect you to a webportal to login) It doesnt ask for a password and just connects and no redirect happens, so no internet connections is ever established. Anyone else noticed the same problem?

Had same problem on DX260 and also had it on DX240. iBasso never repaired it...

@Paul - iBasso

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #734 of 865
Had same problem on DX260 and also had it on DX240. iBasso never repaired it...

@Paul - iBasso
I don't have an ibasso DAP, but is any browser app installed? if the device recognises the browser app, then it should open that for wifi guest logon.

Mar 24, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #735 of 865
I don't have an ibasso DAP, but is any browser app installed? if the device recognises the browser app, then it should open that for wifi guest logon.
Chrome browser is installed and is the default browser app. but chrome doesnt open to the webportal after connecting to the wifi.
So if you dont know the exact webportal url for typing in manually in chrome , it will not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back