DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
May 23, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #2,507 of 2,804
Android 11, V2.02 May 23rd, 2023 Download:

https://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX240FW-ota-v2.02.zip

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Support for AAC protocol when working as a Bluetooth DAC. (Android OS)
2. Rectified the bug that after MQA music is played, the digital filter can't be changed.
3. Improved the USB DAC compatibility.
4. Improved the USB digital output compatibility.

Instructions For Firmware update:

1. Copy and paste the DX240_full_ota_2.02.136.zip to your SD card's root folder, or the DX240's internal memory.
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->System-->Updater-->local update, and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX240 after update completed. You can also choose to do a factory reset at this time to clear any artifacts from the previous firmware.

Last edited:
May 23, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #2,508 of 2,804

2. Rectified the bug that after MQA music is played, the digital filter can't be changed.

1. Copy and paste the DX240_full_ota_2.02.136.zip to your SD card's root folder, or the DX240's internal memory.
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->System-->Updater-->local update, and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX240 after update completed. You can also choose to do a factory reset at this time to clear any artifacts from the previous firmware.
Done.
Thank you!

May 24, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #2,509 of 2,804

Thanks for sharing, thanks @Paul - iBasso for this, love the new sound in mango mode. This tuning is just perfect, thank you for dedication to your product.

Last edited:
May 28, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #2,510 of 2,804
Hi all, could someone please let me know if the dx240 can work with roon arc. Roon arc compatibility is a make or break buying decision. Thanks in advance!

May 31, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #2,513 of 2,804
So I got a surprise the other week. Not getting into the circumstances but apparently this is a new amp single ended amp card for the DX240. AMP5 mk something or other. This one takes a while to run in and open up and mine is still clearing out but this is a right sounding, textural board that's working great for my IEMs and is reportedly awesome for full size phones. Informative warm/neutral with good natural texture, color and perspective. It's still opening up and gaining color/space but it's far enough along now to know it's another winner. Apparently it's short run so if this sounds like it fits, call your dealer to see if he can get one.
IMG_1310.JPG

Seems they're voicing this one with a variety of caps as usual but I smiled when I saw the Nichicon ES as I chose those for my add on the Amp8 tweak.

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #2,514 of 2,804
So I got a surprise the other week. Not getting into the circumstances but apparently this is a new amp single ended amp card for the DX240. AMP5 mk something or other. This one takes a while to run in and open up and mine is still clearing out but this is a right sounding, textural board that's working great for my IEMs and is reportedly awesome for full size phones. Informative warm/neutral with good natural texture, color and perspective. It's still opening up and gaining color/space but it's far enough along now to know it's another winner. Apparently it's short run so if this sounds like it fits, call your dealer to see if he can get one.
IMG_1310.JPG
Seems they're voicing this one with a variety of caps as usual but I smiled when I saw the Nichicon ES as I chose those for my add on the Amp8 tweak.
It is iBasso amp5 mod, know officially. Could be bought on for Chinese new year in China and Asia, later in Europe aswell. Bought mine from hifi passion de. Installed it and never looked back.
To me this is the best sounding amp iBasso have brought out. Perfect balance warmth, imaging, excellent extensions.
I can run my hd 250s of it and they sound fantastic for commuting. Line out I find is another level compared to everything else from them.
Voicing is just perfect for my first tastes.

May 31, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #2,515 of 2,804
It is iBasso amp5 mod, know officially. Could be bought on for Chinese new year in China and Asia, later in Europe aswell. Bought mine from hifi passion de. Installed it and never looked back.
To me this is the best sounding amp iBasso have brought out. Perfect balance warmth, imaging, excellent extensions.
I can run my hd 250s of it and they sound fantastic for commuting. Line out I find is another level compared to everything else from them.
Voicing is just perfect for my first tastes.
Line out is fantastic as well. This one hasn't completely settled in but so far, I can't say I like it better than my amp8mk2mod but it has a real shot at getting there and great to have alternate quality sigs. Lovely and very 'right' sounding.

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #2,516 of 2,804
Line out is fantastic as well. This one hasn't completely settled in yet but I'm not yet liking it better than my amp8mk2mod but it has a shot at getting there. Lovely and very 'right' sounding.
Burn in does take while on this one. Quite a bumpy ride till it gets there, but once there, wow.
Find it takes around 500h till it sounds it's best.

Jun 1, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #2,520 of 2,804
I
Did you noticed Vocals being more exposed on AMP5MOD ?
If you mean more revealed/ detailed and real then yes, don't quite understand what you mean by that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back