DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Jun 2, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #2,522 of 2,804
I meant that the vocals are highlighted in the foreground, other sounds play in the background.
No, everything seems balanced perfectly with my gear.

Jun 9, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #2,523 of 2,804
When I purchased my DX240 I ordered it with the Amp8 mk2 instead of the default Amp1 mk3 and it came with a free Amp5 mod.
Up until now I've just been using the Amp8 mk2, after reading the above comments it sounds like I should be paying more attention to the Amp 5 mod too.
Best stock board overall so far but I haven't hear amp8 mk2s. Does take a long breakin.

Jun 12, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #2,525 of 2,804
I notice that now the sound is more real, with a flatter profile, more of a reference.
The bass is not as enhanced, and the middle has gained a bit of prominence. The voices are heard more intense but at the same time soft, sweet.
And in the same way, the stage has increased. It's a bit wider.
I'll continue testing it to see how the sound varies and improves with burning :L3000:

Jun 12, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #2,526 of 2,804
Friends, I have already made the mod, as my partner @goodvibes guided me.
I have added 3 capacitors to the amp8 mk2. Two Nichicon and one Elna.

This is how the result has been. A picture of the origin and the rest of the mod.

A bit of suggestion, would put some insulation on the legs of those nichicons. It looks like one leg is shorting to body from the pics.probably the silmic aswell.
Otherwise good job

Jun 12, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #2,527 of 2,804
I soldered them directly to the legs of the existing ones. I don't know if you mean that. And the nichicon legs, being longer, I have bent them up where they don't touch anything.
The bodies of the capacitors I think they're isolated, I don't know it sure.
If you see something wrong,
please let me know, I appreciate it.

Jun 12, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #2,528 of 2,804
I notice that now the sound is more real, with a flatter profile, more of a reference.
The bass is not as enhanced, and the middle has gained a bit of prominence. The voices are heard more intense but at the same time soft, sweet.
And in the same way, the stage has increased. It's a bit wider.
I'll continue testing it to see how the sound varies and improves with burning :L3000:
Maybe put some cellophane tape between some of those leads and bodies. It's working so I wouldn't redo/reheat anything but it might help long term. I had tried a bunch of iterations before coming up with what I liked most including removing iBasso's tuning (which I put back) so mine's isn't perfect either but Lantian is not wrong in your case. Things have gotten very hot and some cap bodies may be compromised to shorts. Maybe cut off the flying leads as well if you can do that without stressing things.

If someone else tries this, I'd mount the ES caps on the opposite side of the white ones, not where I or blay did and use the space left on the left for the Silmic. Mine looks different because when I remounted the original caps, I installed the white ones over a bit.
1686580470050.png

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #2,530 of 2,804
Good morning,

I suspect that this subject must have been widely debated but recent purchaser and therefore user of this iBasso which was delivered to me directly with the AMP 8 MK2 s amp,

I am flabbergasted by the battery which is really unworthy of this type of product (especially at this price level)the 12 hours of autonomy are just a dream, we rather count on 4 hours max. sometimes I can't even finish an album.

I am seriously thinking of parting with this device and keeping my Cowon Plenue M much more enduring and almost as musical.See you soon to read your reactions.

@Gator95 from France

Jun 26, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #2,531 of 2,804
Good morning,

I suspect that this subject must have been widely debated but recent purchaser and therefore user of this iBasso which was delivered to me directly with the AMP 8 MK2 s amp,

I am flabbergasted by the battery which is really unworthy of this type of product (especially at this price level)the 12 hours of autonomy are just a dream, we rather count on 4 hours max. sometimes I can't even finish an album.

I am seriously thinking of parting with this device and keeping my Cowon Plenue M much more enduring and almost as musical.See you soon to read your reactions.

@Gator95 from France
Oh wow! That is a short battery life. I'm wondering if it could have a fault.Are there any battery tests that can be conducted? I'm happy to do the same test on mine as a comparison if that helps.
Sorry to hear of the frustration. Just out of interest, are you typically using low, medium or high gain?

Jun 26, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #2,532 of 2,804
Good morning,

@Gator95 from France
What subject?
As for battery life.
Sorry but if I't doesn't hold atleast 7 to 8h with that module, the battery is dead, or you never done calibration and may be acting up cause of that. I'm pretty certain it's just dead. Contact iBasso or your supplier to get a new battery.
Mine does pretty much advertised battery life with amp5mod in high gain.

Jun 26, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #2,533 of 2,804
Good morning,

@Gator95 from France
That's bad. With that amp on medium gain, I get about 8 hours. I think you have a battery problem. Which is not to say 8 hours is good!

Jun 26, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #2,535 of 2,804
@Gator95
I too got my DX240 with the AMP8 Mk2 as default (with free AMP5 mod).
I use my DX240 daily, in Android mode, when I commute to and from work, plus in the evenings when the mood strikes me.
I charge it at the beginning of the week and will still have around 30% at the end of the week..
What you are describing does not sound normal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back