DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Apr 28, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #2,477 of 2,804
I also have one for sale in the classifieds with three amps.
... Would you consider selling the amp8 mk2 separately? (Not the special edition one)

Apr 28, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #2,478 of 2,804
May 2, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #2,481 of 2,804
Assuming as a "French guy" you are in France, I would suggest you could look at Audio Heaven Store in Poland (Part of the EU). Audio Heaven Store
They are listed on iBasso's site as an official distributer unlike AliExpress and appear quite cheap.
You could also checkout the stores listed on iBasso's site in France. iBasso - Where to Buy
Such as Audiophonics in France

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #2,482 of 2,804
Hello,
It's my first post here
About where to buy AMP8 MK2 S what do you think about AliExpress and this offer especially AliExpress offer
best regards (and i apologize for my English cause i'm a french guy)
I would buy from an official ibasso seller. They post from time to time that the warranty is good through purchase from official sellers but for any warranty issues, you have to go back to the un official seller.

May 2, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #2,483 of 2,804
May 3, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #2,485 of 2,804
Hello,
It's my first post here
About where to buy AMP8 MK2 S what do you think about AliExpress and this offer especially AliExpress offer
best regards (and i apologize for my English cause i'm a french guy)
I got mine from https://www.audiophonics.fr/, as was already mentioned above. In fact I got all the amp cards from them and so far never had any issues - apart from shipping sometimes taking a really long time.

May 8, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #2,488 of 2,804
Modded my own AMP8 MKII with the help of @goodvibes work below.

I used three 50V 1uf Elna RFS Silmic II Series caps (he used Nichicon ES Green caps on the L+R)

The results are better than expected. The Bass reaches deeper than before when the song has that BASS, music is hyper detailed and very transparent yet treble stays smooth. Imaging has also greatly improved. previously, to get every detail required High gain using OG Monarch. Now I have the same / better details with just medium gain, even low gain is now very usable. Burn-in continues as these caps require minimum 150hrs to sound their best.

All hail DX240. Not that many DAPs available for a novice tweaker to get what they want out of it.

Also waiting for delivery of my symphonium Audio Meteor today to start my fun weekend :xf_cool:
I still prefer the ES caps on the L+R. Not as warm/dry for my interfaces. I like what I perceive as natural mid color. Viva la difference!

Last edited:
May 14, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #2,490 of 2,804
I have a question to the AMP8Mk2s owners: how's the battery runing this with IEMs on a 4.4 balanced connection ? Can it reach 10 hours before having to charge ? I'm considering this over the Hiby R6 pro II because of the battery on the Hiby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back