DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Jan 16, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #2,266 of 2,804
Hello, please tell me why a company that positions itself as a manufacturer of top products and sells its goods for such a lot of money cannot make a normal and working firmware for the player? Please look at the attached files and you will understand what I mean! Is it possible to make such mistakes in the firmware in 2023? The next question is, why don't you remove from the Android menu of the player the functions that are needed for the phone and do not work with the player? And the last question (by the way, no one talks about this, not a single reviewer!) Why is there no elementary "Search for Music" function in the Mango player mode (not Android mode) ???? I mainly listen to music in the Mango player mode, music for 1 terabyte, how can I find a specific artist and a specific song if there is no "Search for Music" function in the Mango player mode ???? Why is there no bluetooth enable function in Mango Player mode ??? Guys, these are the most basic things that are inherent in any music player, but you do not have this! In Android mode, screen scrolling works smoothly but in Mango Player mode, screen scrolling is either too fast and it is not possible to see the singers and albums, or very slow, please fix it!
The firmware is working fine for me. I use the player when I go out and about, which is most every day. In Mango, I hold my finger on the screen and scroll up and down, no issues. And pure mango is just that, just a music player with nothing else. Android is for all the bells and whistles. All my music has the artist/band and it is all in alphabetic order, easy.

Jan 16, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #2,268 of 2,804
The firmware is working fine for me. I use the player when I go out and about, which is most every day. In Mango, I hold my finger on the screen and scroll up and down, no issues. And pure mango is just that, just a music player with nothing else. Android is for all the bells and whistles. All my music has the artist/band and it is all in alphabetic order, easy.
I have a poor internet connection, so I can't understand if there's any vid.files and pictures was downloaded? If yes, please look for it. You will understand what kind of problems with firmware there's in Ibasso)

Jan 16, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #2,269 of 2,804
I have a poor internet connection, so I can't understand if there's any vid.files and pictures was downloaded? If yes, please look for it. You will understand what kind of problems with firmware there's in Ibasso)
No images or video.

Jan 16, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #2,271 of 2,804
Is i

Is it possible to attache some files here? Sorry, I just first time here
Yes but maybe you have to have a certain number of posts 1st. I am not sure. For me, there is below where I am typing now an Attach files tap and an Insert quotes. . .

Jan 16, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #2,272 of 2,804
Mango mode is there for purity and is intentionally devoid of noise inducing antenna etc. Don't know about the music search function because I listen to WAV files as I'd suppose others would also choose in the more purist Mango player mode. Mine are mostly untagged masters and Vinyl rips a 24/192 so I use a simple folder structure for my library. Music, Genre, Artist, Album, Song. You will also find a cursor on the right to scroll at variable speed.

As for Android, If you remove too many functions, whether useable or not, you run into 3rd party Apps not installing/working properly as they check off what they can access or not. Do the next person will complain about incompatibility with other android apps. I doubt they'll add a 3rd FW with a bit of both. :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #2,273 of 2,804
Here is a pictures of software problems. Can't download the video. It's in Android mode.

Attachments

• IMG_20230117_003007.jpg
    IMG_20230117_003007.jpg
    875.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230117_002942.jpg
    IMG_20230117_002942.jpg
    994.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2023-01-17-00-29-16-64_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-17-00-29-16-64_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 0
Jan 16, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #2,274 of 2,804
Here is a pictures of software problems. Can't download the video. It's in Android mode.
I never get that. Did you do a factory reset?

Jan 17, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #2,275 of 2,804
I never get that. Did you do a factory reset?
If you understood correctly, then when you open the curtain (clicking the three dots in the lower right corner of the album image or clicking the vertical lines in the shape of a triangle under the album image in the lower left of the screen), these clicks open additional curtains with additional information. These curtains are completely transparent and the information in the open curtain merges with the information on the screen. When you click on the ellipsis, a curtain opens with the names of the album's tracks, but it is impossible to read them. This is one of the reasons that my "fifth point" caught fire. Resetting to factory settings after updating the player? Do you mean it?

Jan 17, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #2,276 of 2,804
and Andriod Mango seems better with the stock cards anyway so dedicated mango player should be moot for most.

Jan 17, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #2,277 of 2,804
I have one FLAC file I tried that on and I get album track selection or track info, depending on which button, in a proper solid overlay and nothing like you do. Check to see if you have downloaded the correct FW, save your onboard music outside the player and do a reset. Yes, we mean it. If that's too much trouble, stop updating it after this one and enjoy it as you bought it, as is. I never expected this unit to get Android 11 when I bought it but seemingly, no good deed goes unpunished.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #2,278 of 2,804
You have totally missed what mango os does. All WiFi, Bluetooth and any junk from android mode is disabled on purpose to give you the cleanest sound possible with less power consumption and less interference and a lot less processing going on in the background, if you want to use Bluetooth/wifi use android. Bluetooth/wifi will never be enabled in mango os, it's a different os based on Linux kernel, so no drivers exist for either of the things and that's on purpose.
Search function seems silly unnecessary to me. Not once in my life have unused such a function.
Just go to your artists section, choose Artist and album in which your song is located, simple as that. If you don't know who's playing the song or which album suggest you get more familiar with music you listen to.
If that all bothers you so much use android mode and you can always use a third party player app that has search function.
Can totally agree on the last point though, scrolling is weird in mango APK, would be nice for it to be a bit faster like mango os.

Jan 17, 2023 at 6:52 AM Post #2,279 of 2,804
Regarding scrolling in Mango OS, it should not be faster, but smoother. Regarding the search, I think that it should be, I have music on four cards, one terabyte each and the music is not collected in folders, etc., alas, I'm not perfect and I don't have the desire, time and patience to organize all my music according to Feng Shui)) There are also many collections, I physically cannot remember in which collection, what song, you know? Therefore, the search function simply must be in Mango OS. You don't need this feature, which is good, but there are a lot of people who would not refuse it :)
You have totally missed what mango os does. All WiFi, Bluetooth and any junk from android mode is disabled on purpose to give you the cleanest sound possible with less power consumption and less interference and a lot less processing going on in the background, if you want to use Bluetooth/wifi use android. Bluetooth/wifi will never be enabled in mango os, it's a different os based on Linux kernel, so no drivers exist for either of the things and that's on purpose.
Search function seems silly unnecessary to me. Not once in my life have unused such a function.
Just go to your artists section, choose Artist and album in which your song is located, simple as that. If you don't know who's playing the song or which album suggest you get more familiar with music you listen to.
If that all bothers you so much use android mode and you can always use a third party player app that has search function.
Can totally agree on the last point though, scrolling is weird in mango APK, would be nice for it to be a bit faster like mango os.

Jan 17, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #2,280 of 2,804
If you understood correctly, then when you open the curtain (clicking the three dots in the lower right corner of the album image or clicking the vertical lines in the shape of a triangle under the album image in the lower left of the screen), these clicks open additional curtains with additional information. These curtains are completely transparent and the information in the open curtain merges with the information on the screen. When you click on the ellipsis, a curtain opens with the names of the album's tracks, but it is impossible to read them. This is one of the reasons that my "fifth point" caught fire. Resetting to factory settings after updating the player? Do you mean it?
What firmware version are you on? because ibasso recently released version 2.01 right after 2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back