DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Jan 17, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #2,282 of 2,804
Good day. I have the latest firmware version 2.01. Everything is fine already, I took the advice of the comrade Lantian, returned the player to the factory settings and a miracle happened! My firmware bugs are completely gone. Now everything works well. Therefore, I advise all those who have problems with the update to simply return to the factory settings and restart the player. Thank you all so much for your advice and input! In principle, the issue is closed 🙂

Jan 30, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #2,284 of 2,804
After a few months I am unfortunately finding the DX240 with the Amp8 MK2 still too punchy, even using it with my ZMF VC, is there someone could suggest me a closed back headphone which can feet a more relax and smoother feeling with this DAP I want to keep.

Jan 30, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #2,285 of 2,804
After a few months I am unfortunately finding the DX240 with the Amp8 MK2 still too punchy, even using it with my ZMF VC, is there someone could suggest me a closed back headphone which can feet a more relax and smoother feeling with this DAP I want to keep.
I find the AMP1 Mk3 is a bit more balanced- it has a little less punch and a little less air. I think it is really all about matching it up with the right gear. The AMP8 MK2 sounds great with my leaner all BA IEMs (SA6 Ultra, Moondrop S8...)

Jan 31, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #2,286 of 2,804
What are the specs of the headphones you're using? That matters a lot as well. Like someone else said stock AMP is a bit leaner in the bass department. Both AMPs are very useful depending on IEM/ Headphones used. You could also try a different cable. Not sure what kind of cable you're using on the headphones

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #2,288 of 2,804
The stock Amp feet better with my VC (300 ohms) and I use the SE output with a Cardas cable, everything sounds now much better (less punchy with reduced dynamics)
You can go balanced for better dynamics, bigger stage but reduce the gain from say High to Mid to get the same volume but better presentation on Balanced

Feb 1, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #2,289 of 2,804
Could someone help me with my brand new DX240, please? I have logged into my Google account on the device. If I try and download the Tidal app through the preinstalled APK app, I get a downloading message, but no download happens. If I go through Chrome to the Tidal app in Google Play, it tells me my Google Play account is not associated with a device. I would appreciate a hand, this is my first full blown DAP and after years on an iPhone, the OS is alien.

Feb 1, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #2,290 of 2,804
Could someone help me with my brand new DX240, please? I have logged into my Google account on the device. If I try and download the Tidal app through the preinstalled APK app, I get a downloading message, but no download happens. If I go through Chrome to the Tidal app in Google Play, it tells me my Google Play account is not associated with a device. I would appreciate a hand, this is my first full blown DAP and after years on an iPhone, the OS is alien.
You should be able to download the Google Play Store using APK pure and then just use the GPS. You can then get rid of APK pure.

Feb 1, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #2,292 of 2,804
It may be an operating system issue. I have got as far as the Google Play Store app in APK Pure, but when pressing INSTALL, nothing happens.
I would delete the APK pure and do a new install of the latest version.

Feb 4, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #2,295 of 2,804
The help received above was great and I’ve been listening to my collection. What a massive improvement. My first setup after my iPhone was Fiio BTR7 and Fiio FA7S IEMs. It was too messy to have the phone and the DAC. Being new to this, I’m wondering if the IEMs are good enough for the DX240? I have no point of reference, this sounds magnificent but I don’t know what’s being left on the table. It’s hard to try other IEMs as even in London there is next to nothing for sale in retail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back