DX220 Thread for software requests.
Nov 2, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #391 of 418
Hi
DX220 MAX continously disconnects from wifi router standing 2m away when screen is off.
This is annoying with any streaming app like Amazon Music HD.
With screen on it's not happening.
Can this please be urgently fixed through a firmware update?
That problem was caused by Oreo 8.1 itself as I remember - that was sort of power saving optimisation algorithm introduced by Google. However, I remember vendors (e.g. OnePlus, etc) did somehow fix this and enabled 'keep wifi active while device in sleep mode' option back.

Nov 2, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #392 of 418
It worked.
On android platform: Mango Player, set my playlist>> Export playlist
Exit, go to Mango OS
To locate:
Directory; internal storage; ibasso; mango player; playlist; android; _______.m3u
Import playlist?
oh yeah....
sequence added...

Dec 2, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #394 of 418
Hi
DX220 MAX continously disconnects from wifi router standing 2m away when screen is off.
This is annoying with any streaming app like Amazon Music HD.
With screen on it's not happening.
Can this please be urgently fixed through a firmware update?
There is a workaround to this. When you are done with the screen, use the power button to turn it off. This seems to work to keep the wifi connection.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 2, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #395 of 418
@Paul - iBasso
I remember after 1.17 fw released you did promise to implement the same usb-c optimisations to DX220MAX. Did your developers team investigate that possibility?

Thanks!
I am looking into it.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 2, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #396 of 418
There is a workaround to this. When you are done with the screen, use the power button to turn it off. This seems to work to keep the wifi connection.
Thx Paul for the feedback. Your solution doesn't work with all setups.
In my case,German Telekom router, Arcadian chipset, the connection is dropping off after 10 mins maximum.
I know of at least 2 other cases in head-fi forum.
Solution is then, different access point / router, in my case Netgear Orbi RBK50 plus connecting Dx220 max to dedicated Guest Wlan. So potentially in my case also disturbing wlan traffic, which is separated through guest wlan is also a factor.

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #397 of 418
This "technique" also applies to:
Completion scanning SD card touch screen Not responding
When the device finishes scanning sd card, 100 % complete, thereafter device seem to freeze i.e. touch screen won't respond.
Press power button to turn it off. After a couple of seconds, turn the device back on.
My 1/2 Tb sd card is acting up as described above, w/ only about 11gb free space remaining...

Dec 13, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #398 of 418
20201212_081315.jpg
currently, DX220 can rotate on Android OS. But can not lock the position, so when the display off, or DAP go on hibernate, the display back to default positioning...

request :
- Rotate display in MANGO OS. 180 degree.
- Lock on rotate display, on Mango OS also Android OS...

Dec 14, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #399 of 418
Auto Volume control for playlists in Mango player in Mango OS.
Retain uniform gain for all tracks...

Jan 20, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #400 of 418
Greetings @Paul - iBasso - so now that the DX300 is out I noticed that there is an option for Alphabetic Scrolling Bar included under the Display Settings menu. I am hoping that we will see this capability introduced for the DX220 along with any other requests made in this thread that can be included.

Can you give us hope that another FW update will be released for the DX220? It's been a long time since the last update - understandable that other priorities like the DX220Max and DX300 were being worked and we still have the pandemic impacting everything.

Appreciate any information you can provide.

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #402 of 418
@Paul - iBasso - a response to the post above would be appreciated - even if the answer is no more support for the DX220... That would be a disappointing answer, although an answer nonetheless.

Tim
I, for one am hoping for a positive response. i can wait, especially the update works on the Mango OS...

Feb 1, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #403 of 418
I, for one am hoping for a positive response. i can wait, especially the update works on the Mango OS...
So I ended up sending an email to Paul (check his signature - email gets a much quicker response) and he responded back very quickly. He said they will look into this after returning from their annual holiday which ends on Feb 21st. At least that is good news that we might get a FW update for the DX220!

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 2, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #404 of 418
So I ended up sending an email to Paul (check his signature - email gets a much quicker response) and he responded back very quickly. He said they will look into this after returning from their annual holiday which ends on Feb 21st. At least that is good news that we might get a FW update for the DX220!

Cheers,
Tim

They got a long holiday coming up.
12-21/02...

Feb 7, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #405 of 418

Seems still busy @ the 300 front.
Hoping there's something new after the holidays, post 22 Feb...
1612700370292.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back