DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 26, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #7,711 of 13,478
As the man says,it depends on variables such as volume,headphones used,whether you are using the screen. But,it isn’t an issue. I mainly use Mango OS with medium gain driving full sized headphones of about 32 ohms. But I often switch to high gain,android using the Hiby music app with a lyric app. I play at a good volume. So,I am using battery resources. I get around 5 hours. I always charge after use. So,battery isn’t wonderful but I own several daps and I would say it’s about average. In an ideal world I wish the charging port was on the bottom as with most daps and I would dock it charged. I am sure some would say this damages battery but in my experience it keeps it healthy. Anyway,I digress,high grain is not a massive battery drain.

Aug 27, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #7,714 of 13,478
This would be a really good dap with a better CPU and battery. It's a shame

Aug 27, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #7,717 of 13,478
[QUOTE = "iMongui, post: 15148001, membro: 468618"] aggiornare all'ultimo firmware ufficiale, quindi utilizzare la rom di Fidelizer e l'ultimo passaggio è usato il componente aggiuntivo Lurker, ecco come lo faccio e funziona come un fascino [ / CITAZIONE]

Aug 27, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #7,719 of 13,478
It all depends upon what you are driving, volume and resolution of what you are listening to. I use high gain all the time. With the IT04 or the JH13Pro freqphase, I get around 8 hours of use but I don't listen loud and that is with 16/44.1. If I listen louder, use the AMP8 (that was with the AMP9) and have some headphones and higher resolution, I get 5 to 6 hours or with DSD, a little less due to the high current demand. More than enough time for me and the DX220 charges fast. But normally I use the IT04 and get, as mentioned 7 to 8 hours. I don't have the screen on a lot, no reason to.
Thank you very much

Aug 27, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #7,720 of 13,478
This would be a really good dap with a better CPU and battery. It's a shame

While I agree the battery could be better, I don't feel that there's anything wrong with the CPU. This is a music player that can do streaming music apps. It's not a phone, not a computer, it's a portable high res android device. I had a lengthy discussion with two members who didn't understand why the unit couldn't run more apps while streaming?

::shaking head::

I have one of the first production units and it's always performed flawlessly. I don't know why, but I've never had any of the problems other batches have. That being said, saying it, "would be a really good dap" tells me you either don't have it, or the unit you have isn't or wasn't burned in.

Why do I say this? Because the sound coming out of this DAP is directly on par with the most highly regarded DAP's currently on the market.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #7,721 of 13,478
A bit surprised that hot swapping amp9 couldn't drive my lcd 4 alone as expected, although it drive the 300 ohms - 600 ohm earbuds easily.
But amp9 is a very excellent source for dest amp Ifi iCAN. Combo amp9 -> iCAN -> micro IDLS let lcd 4 show its sublime performance.
Actually, this combo give me a
20190827_194355_HDR.jpg
very great audio quality that I've never seen before

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #7,723 of 13,478
How would you compare AMP1 mk2 with AMP8 ? Is there are a significant difference worth spending another 200 bucks?

Hi there and welcome! :)

I could give a simple answer like "AMP 8 is a significant upgrade on AMP 1 MK II" (and many people do think so), but I think it's better to start with a question:

Can I ask first of all, do you already have AMP1 Mk 2? If so, what do you love about it? What do you wish you could change or have more or less of?

This will be helpful to let us advise you as to whether you will really benefit from buying AMP8 or not :)

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #7,724 of 13,478
Hi there and welcome! :)

I could give a simple answer like "AMP 8 is a significant upgrade on AMP 1 MK II" (and many people do think so), but I think it's better to start with a question:

Can I ask first of all, do you already have AMP1 Mk 2? If so, what do you love about it? What do you wish you could change or have more or less of?

This will be helpful to let us advise you as to whether you will really benefit from buying AMP8 or not :)
Isn't there a comparison of technical specifications somewhere between amp1 mkii and amp8?

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #7,725 of 13,478
Isn't there a comparison of technical specifications somewhere between amp1 mkii and amp8?

iBasso website. I build this for your eyes only ...

Amp1Amp8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back