DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 3, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #1,937 of 13,478
I don’t have any music below 16/44 flac cd-quality. I have a variety from lossless flac to high resolution 96/24 - 192/24 flac/wav, DSD, MQA, it all sounds cleaner and more detailed in Mango.

May 3, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #1,938 of 13,478
And listening to that music on Mango OS vs Android OS makes a bigger difference than using Tidal. Did you use sharing websites to build up your library, rip cds to flac from an actual library, your own cds, or bought from online sites? I can't even figure out the source of all the stuff on sharing websites. Seems like a big risk.

May 3, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #1,940 of 13,478
How to listen to Tidal downloaded tracks in Mango OS ?
Looked up on the web but I haven't found an answer yet, is that even possible ?

May 3, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #1,942 of 13,478
Right, tidal offline files can only be accessed through the tidal app. The best plan is to use android only for doing internet streaming and mostly for fun over SQ or for demoing and finding new albums; although tidal masters is very good SQ and can compete with Mango since it’s higher resolution than normal CD quality. And it’s not like Android sounds bad or something, DX220 flattens many home systems. It’s just that Mango was surprisingly good to my ears, an extra helping of detail and clarity.

Sites like HDtracks, Acousticsounds, various others are good for building a library legitimately. Also buying and ripping CDs with EAC or similar high quality software. It took us years to do this and a lot of money, to do it legitimately at least.

The cheapest way for good sounding music is to use only Android and tidal, favorite as many Masters albums as you can as they unfold to 352khz in many cases. This way you have only CDQ music and beyond, and the vast majority of well known albums are on tidal. Buy a few DSD recordings like Thriller and play back in Mango to show off what the 220 can do and for demoing headphones and other gear.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #1,943 of 13,478
Me too on the storing it on a MicroSD card. I usually buy DSD or FLAC online though.

im a 24/96 flac guy on the sd card.. no streaming for me

May 3, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #1,944 of 13,478
How do you rip cds to high quality files the way it should be done? Think I'll try a Tidal subscription to check how much I'm not currently hearing. My previous experience with Tidal wasn't impressive. Does it have the largest selection of any hi-res site?

May 3, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #1,947 of 13,478
Right, tidal offline files can only be accessed through the tidal app. The best plan is to use android only for doing internet streaming and mostly for fun over SQ or for demoing and finding new albums; although tidal masters is very good SQ and can compete with Mango since it’s higher resolution than normal CD quality. And it’s not like Android sounds bad or something, DX220 flattens many home systems. It’s just that Mango was surprisingly good to my ears, an extra helping of detail and clarity.

Sites like HDtracks, Acousticsounds, various others are good for building a library legitimately. Also buying and ripping CDs with EAC or similar high quality software. It took us years to do this and a lot of money, to do it legitimately at least.

The cheapest way for good sounding music is to use only Android and tidal, favorite as many Masters albums as you can as they unfold to 352khz in many cases. This way you have only CDQ music and beyond, and the vast majority of well known albums are on tidal. Buy a few DSD recordings like Thriller and play back in Mango to show off what the 220 can do and for demoing headphones and other gear.

I also use Tidal masters, but Qobuz is fantastic too. Their download store has a vast collection.

By the by, so happy that Scootermafia also appreciates the 220.

May 3, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #1,949 of 13,478
Is it possible to remove that big white volume popup thing when adjusting volume with the wheel in android os?
I just dont like the look of it:grimacing: and It still shows the volume level on the top bar anyways.

May 3, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #1,950 of 13,478
Is it possible to remove that big white volume popup thing when adjusting volume with the wheel in android os?
I just dont like the look of it:grimacing: and It still shows the volume level on the top bar anyways.
You are lucky that you don’t see 2 balls, 1 for the left and 1 for the right, with a stick in the middle as a divider

Users who are viewing this thread

Back