DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 28, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #1,456 of 13,478
Reading that review the new amp1 seems to have power and balanced capability given the 2.5mm output. Is it proper to get cynical and to think that 4.4mm wasn't included just to keep amp8 relevant or is there more to the difference between the two amps?

This has nothing to do with iBasso but rather with Android OS. USB Audio Player Pro allows you to stream Tidal bit perfect, so Android OS has no role in processing the sound, whereas through the regular Tidal app there may still be some Android OS sound processing.

You can use the regular Tidal app as usual without UAPP if you want.

Does this apply to all hi-res streaming services? Are imported or downloaded files affected?

Nah you'll need Google Play Services for UAPP or the license verification will fail

Wow, reading back on this, so we need the software of a user not affiliated with iBasso to get proper quality streaming? And he shouldn't be bothered because he's doing it for free? How is this not a problem?

The last legacy feature to remain is the lack of Google Play services. Bummer. Instead, iBasso has supplied some alternative 3rd party applications such as APK Pure to get the job done.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #1,457 of 13,478
Is amp 8 still the most powerful amp compared to the rest of ibasso line of amps? Even including the one mii included with the dx220?

Not exactly! If you know how to modify amp8 can be more powerful than its stock amp. I did try to modify to amp8W and later on amp8EX. Besides modified amp4s can also drive the headphones heavily sucking power. :wink:

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #1,458 of 13,478
That's exactly what I did :) Been postponing the purchase of AMP8 quite few months for my DX150 and... I got it in a set with DX220.

Great review by the way. Seems it will compliment nicely in a testing rig with my Sony WM1A :) Now I desire CA Solaris even more :wink:

I think it can for sure, though both are quite neutral right? Not heard the 1A in ages. The 1Z is beefier on the low-end.

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #1,460 of 13,478
Reading that review the new amp1 seems to have power and balanced capability given the 2.5mm output. Is it proper to get cynical and to think that 4.4mm wasn't included just to keep amp8 relevant or is there more to the difference between the two amps?

I asked why not 4.4mm and they said not enough physical space to do all 3 output connections with one of them as 4.4mm with the new design.

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #1,461 of 13,478
To my ears yes. I find the AMP8 module to be more robust and powerful. While both drove my LCD2’s easily I found the AMP8 really brought those cans to life.

When I connected the Ether2... I found the AMP8 with the DX220 to be a pairing that sounded magnificent.

The DX 220 is definitely not a side-grade it is definitely an upgrade.

I guess amp8 is still better....

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #1,463 of 13,478
I think it can for sure, though both are quite neutral right? Not heard the 1A in ages. The 1Z is beefier on the low-end.

I'm just a noob, lol, never heard the WM1Z. WM1A tho sounds cleaner than DX156 (AMP6) with better extension on both ends. I find it rather neutral with a touch of warmth, close to organic naturalness but with a sub-bass that is going deep yet extremely well controled. There is for me some sweetness in the midrange, but with lots of detail. And the spaciousness and airiness... :)

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #1,464 of 13,478
I'm just a noob, lol, never heard the WM1Z. WM1A tho sounds cleaner than DX156 (AMP6) with better extension on both ends. I find it rather neutral with a touch of warmth, close to organic naturalness but with a sub-bass that is going deep yet extremely well controled. There is for me some sweetness in the midrange, but with lots of detail. And the spaciousness and airiness... :)

Ah then there might be some similarities on the two but I need to get me a 1A one of these days anyhow just to know.

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #1,467 of 13,478
Am I missing something, or is there no option to buy from their website. ????

Edit: Nvm. Very last bubble, click to buy option. Why would they place it all the way down there, lol.

I know the add to cart is super hard to find lol. I'm sure their sales won't change with better placement, knowing their audience.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #1,468 of 13,478
I recently ordered iems from Singapore to the US and there was no import tax, just smooth FedEx transport. Shipping the DX220 and amp8 express cost me $32. Hopefully no unexpected additional fees.

Not sure about US but if shipped to UK from outside EU I will have to pay approx additional 27% this will be based on receipt in the box or customs will search and figure our the RRP.

Unless Ibasso use a UK authorised dealer for shipping , if I am buying from outside HK wonder if they Ibasso will except VAT

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #1,469 of 13,478
What CPU is this DAP rocking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back