DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 23, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #1,006 of 13,478
No they don't, I've checked thoroughly. They give you the choice to either apply the tempered glass protector or one of the 3 film protectors given. They also included protectors for the glass back and the amp.

Luckily I applied plastic film on the front as the supplied leather case quite a tight fit. For the back, I applied my own matte film only to know later that I applied on temporary plastic film, not on the glass itself...

How do you find the general UI? I find it still laggy and sluggish. App crashed on me a few times. I even try disabled a few stock apps. Big different in speed and response compared to Hiby R6 Pro.

Apr 23, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #1,007 of 13,478
Im experiencing loud hiss on mango os with amp3. Is this normal? No hissing when on android playing thorugh hibymusic and mango player though.

Not normal, firmware will fix it, but give Ibasso times. For now, use it with Android or whatever means that does not invoke the bug :wink:. We gotta tag @Paul - iBasso so he is aware of the bug.

Dx220 is still not officially released. If you have your unit this early, you lucked out :wink:. I don’t even think @Lurker0 as an important contributor to the platform , even have his 220 unit yet

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #1,008 of 13,478
Not normal, firmware will fix it, but give Ibasso times. For now, use it with Android or whatever means that does not invoke the bug :wink:. We gotta tag @Paul - iBasso so he is aware of the bug.

Dx220 is still not officially released. If you have your unit this early, you lucked out :wink:. I don’t even think @Lurker0 as an important contributor to the platform , even have his 220 unit yet

Ah no worries. Its my firsy time playing through mango os and was taken aback by the loud hiss.

Im quite enjoying the sound to be honest. The display is vibrant and watching youtube is giving the same vibe as on my phone.

Gonna wait for play store support to install uapp:pensive:

Apr 23, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #1,009 of 13,478
No they don't, I've checked thoroughly. They give you the choice to either apply the tempered glass protector or one of the 3 film protectors given. They also included protectors for the glass back and the amp.

Same with mine.

No screen protector was applied.

I put the thin film on mine for now.

The back glass had them pre applied.(and spares).

Apr 23, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #1,010 of 13,478
Luckily I applied plastic film on the front as the supplied leather case quite a tight fit. For the back, I applied my own matte film only to know later that I applied on temporary plastic film, not on the glass itself...

How do you find the general UI? I find it still laggy and sluggish. App crashed on me a few times. I even try disabled a few stock apps. Big different in speed and response compared to Hiby R6 Pro.

It's only laggy if you do not scan your microSD card. Tested that twice.

Apr 23, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #1,011 of 13,478
Same with mine.

No screen protector was applied.

I put the thin film on mine for now.

The back glass had them pre applied.(and spares).
Must be the request from people to have the protector applied by themselves :wink:. I think I recalled such feedbacks from 150 and 200 threads? Could be mistaken ...lol

Apr 23, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #1,012 of 13,478
Please do not use the supplied tempered glass screen. It does cause issues so just the plastic protector or none is best. The screen is tempered and a hard glass.

Please also make sure you are on the latest firmware and then do a factory reset. Also, for the best response when going from album to album, scanning will give you the best response but scanning needs to be completed.

I may start a new official thread so the first page will show all the specs and when new firmwares are available.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 23, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #1,013 of 13,478
Im experiencing loud hiss on mango os with amp3. Is this normal? No hissing when on android playing thorugh hibymusic and mango player though.

Please remove and then replace the AMP3 and when placing it back on, push it on hard. We have tested the DX220 with all AMP modules.

Does anyone have a problem with the touchscreen using the tempered glass protector? The touch input is really wonky on mine with it but it's working alright with the normal film protectors.

At this time time please do not use the supplied hardened glass screen protector. We have also included a film protector and are looking into other possible glass protectors.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 23, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #1,015 of 13,478
Raw specs in Chinese from China website
7285DCAB-643F-4AAF-B1B0-348F9788F361.jpeg

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #1,018 of 13,478

Users who are viewing this thread

Back