DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 19, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #8,866 of 13,478
Hey guys, if you're considering whether or not to get in on the amp8EX Fan edition, let me offer some perspective.

A few months back I got the flagship cable from Effect Audio. The improvement in sound quality was amazing and I'm very satisfied with the total investment of around $1750USD. I would place the gains in SQ roughly on par with the jump from standard amp8 to my amp8EX-P. The iBasso amp8EX Fan edition is being offered for $60 above the standard amp8. This is an amazing price for what you are getting! To get the mod done yourself with parts would double the entire price.

Once this opportunity ends and the units get into the hands of users this is going to be one of the most sought after pieces for any iBasso fan.

I have zero affiliation with iBasso and I can't imagine this profits them in any real way to do this. They've done it so you can enjoy the music. Take advantage of it.

I agreed, from a perspective of a DIY person, the pricing is unbelievable, period. Ibasso simply loves music and us enthusiasts so much that this is happening. There is no way for even any DIY to perform the mods at this price, given free labor lol!

Oct 19, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #8,867 of 13,478
Im in too, Ibasso deserve the order, Going to have tow now but cant resist and have to compare the DIY to Ibasos run :), Pre-order payment sent to @Whitigir

I'm on the same journey. Bought one for reference but I have a spare Amp8 for my DIY. Will report back here and the other mod thread.

Really feeling the power of the community and a positive interaction with iBasso. Excited! Thanks to all involved!

Oct 19, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #8,868 of 13,478
Hey guys, if you're considering whether or not to get in on the amp8EX Fan edition, let me offer some perspective.

A few months back I got the flagship cable from Effect Audio. The improvement in sound quality was amazing and I'm very satisfied with the total investment of around $1750USD. I would place the gains in SQ roughly on par with the jump from standard amp8 to my amp8EX-P. The iBasso amp8EX Fan edition is being offered for $60 above the standard amp8. This is an amazing price for what you are getting! To get the mod done yourself with parts would double the entire price.

Once this opportunity ends and the units get into the hands of users this is going to be one of the most sought after pieces for any iBasso fan.

I have zero affiliation with iBasso and I can't imagine this profits them in any real way to do this. They've done it so you can enjoy the music. Take advantage of it.
You are going to make me take into consideration seriously. When I bought all sort of parts to DIY myself. Buying parts from mouser usa, I had to paid for imported customs fee nearly double of total parts price plus shipping fee. Moreover I have to bear the burden of risk if MOD is failed. And I know how AMP8EX-P sounds~~~

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #8,869 of 13,478
You are going to make me take into consideration seriously. When I bought all sort of parts to DIY myself. Buying parts from mouser usa, I had to paid for imported customs fee nearly double of total parts price plus shipping fee. Moreover I have to bear the burden of risk if MOD is failed. And I know how AMP8EX-P sounds~~~
It sounds EXtreme-“. . . . .” Fill in the void ? :wink:

Oct 19, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #8,873 of 13,478
I can say without a doubt that the AMP8EX is a huge improvement in sound. When I first got it from Vince (@Whitigir) I was so amazed I started using food analogies. Now that I've had more time with it I can say this...

Get it.

The music is more dynamic, punchy and at the same time intimate. On classical tracks, it's as if you're right next to the musicians playing. On rock tracks, it's as if you're in the studio...or in the front row. The clarity and separation of instruments is so precise that it's guaranteed to make you smile when playing a complicated arrangement. The headspace is expansive without being "boomy".

Oct 19, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #8,874 of 13,478
Oct 19, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #8,877 of 13,478
Oct 19, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #8,878 of 13,478
Hello @Whitigir,

Thank you for making this collaboration between the Forum Community and iBasso.
Everything is quite clear:
- Pre-order starting and ending period
- Price
- Payment method
- AMP8-EX product specifications and guarantee

Anyway, it would be beneficial if you make transparent also the speech between you and iBasso. I am going to send money to you (with all respect, of course) but will be still iBasso responsible for the manufacturing of the AMP8-EX and iBasso will ship the package as well.
Is it possible to make this transparent, please?
This is the only missing thing that will make everything clear for everyone.

One of the questions that I am thinking is: why the payment/rules/special-product description are not owned by iBasso (I mean on the iBasso website)?

Since you @Whitigir are the inventor of the EX-mod, I am sure that iBasso will recognize something at your side (this should be clarified by you and/or iBasso).

Also an official statement from @Paul - iBasso would be useful and appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
kalo86

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back