DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 16, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #7,501 of 13,478
$20 bucks, really?
I remembered last time I tried sending an iphone case back to China, USPS charges for $13, and
the case itself costs only $14, so I would try to avoid to send anything international.

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #7,502 of 13,478
I’ve sent stuff to iBasso for years and from NYC it’s $26 USPS International

Same here, most of the international shipments to EU and Asia usually cost me around $25 using USPS, and $49 if I insure it with tracking, but you get tracking# either way, even with a regular shipment.

Aug 16, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #7,503 of 13,478
At least you know it will get there with DHL. I would not trust the Postal Service (at least not the Canadian one) with an expensive item like that.
There is that. USPS is not incredibly reliable.

Aug 16, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #7,504 of 13,478
Not that this is any of my business - but given that this is a warranty issue and Paul/iBasso provided an RMA let's hope they do the right thing and reimburse you for sending it back. I have always been super impressed with iBasso going back to the DX50 and honestly believe they are interested in taking care of their customers so they/we continue to come back.

Anyways, my apologies if I am sticking my nose in business where it doesn't belong...

I might go stand in the corner for a few minutes just for good measure!

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 16, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #7,505 of 13,478
Never had an issue. One time but that was a tube tester that they dropped but they paid for the repair.

Aug 16, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #7,506 of 13,478
Not that this is any of my business - but given that this is a warranty issue and Paul/iBasso provided an RMA let's hope they do the right thing and reimburse you for sending it back. I have always been super impressed with iBasso going back to the DX50 and honestly believe they are interested in taking care of their customers so they/we continue to come back.

Anyways, my apologies if I am sticking my nose in business where it doesn't belong...

I might go stand in the corner for a few minutes just for good measure!

Cheers,
Tim
Wouldn't that be nice of them?

Aug 16, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #7,507 of 13,478

I've sent a LOT of stuff back and forth to China via USPS and have never had a problem with them losing things. UPS...yep...FedEx...damaged...DHL...lost here in the USA...OR sent from NYC to Quebec and back to NYC...but the USPS...none of that BS. Seriously.

Aug 16, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #7,508 of 13,478
$20 bucks, really?
I remembered last time I tried sending an iphone case back to China, USPS charges for $13, and
the case itself costs only $14, so I would try to avoid to send anything international.

Here ibasso informed me if I wanted to send back:

China has strict import policies. Please declare the shipment as "USB soundcard" and low value "20USD". This keeps it from being slowed in customs
Our address in Chinese is attached to this email. Print this out and tape to the outside of the package. It is very helpful to speed up the delivery.

We will inform you once we received your package.

Aug 16, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #7,509 of 13,478
Yes that's the norm for sending stuff back to them. It's never been a problem.

Aug 17, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #7,512 of 13,478
Bluetooth works perfectly with my Sony XBR-850e TV as well as my Sony soundbar. The USB DAC works for me but I'm a Windows user.

Perhaps the unit needs to be brought back to the original firmware and THEN brought up to the latest? Have you tried that?

I recently flashed the latest firmware before re-applying Lurker and Fidelizer, but no I've not gone back to the very first DX220 firmware and worked my way back up. Is this a real suggestion lol?

To Paul,or any Ibasso representative. Fiio have recently put airplay on their devices via firmware update. This is a really useful feature if you are blessed with high end wireless speakers. Any chance this could get some consideration in future updates? If fiio can do it so can you. Also,is it possible that when in Bluetooth mode the codec being used could be displayed? I only realised the device had apt x hd when my Amiron Home headphones told me the codec was active.

See, I'm not the only one with reasonable Bluetooth requests.

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #7,513 of 13,478
If you have customs documents for your import or a bill that shows you bought the item in the country then there should be a form from the customs office that allows you to send an item for repair into a foreign country and have it returned without customs.

No need to mess around with low values or hope that customs doesn't charge you again.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #7,514 of 13,478
I recently flashed the latest firmware before re-applying Lurker and Fidelizer, but no I've not gone back to the very first DX220 firmware and worked my way back up. Is this a real suggestion lol?

Yes absolutely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back