DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 26, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #7,006 of 13,478
Jul 26, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #7,007 of 13,478
Does Mango OS decode MQA or not? I don't see it has any information on MQA in Mango OS but I can see the sample rate is higher at the notification bar in Android OS.
If Mango OS does not support MQA, I will stick to Android OS.

Jul 26, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #7,008 of 13,478
Does Mango OS decode MQA or not? I don't see it has any information on MQA in Mango OS but I can see the sample rate is higher at the notification bar in Android OS.
If Mango OS does not support MQA, I will stick to Android OS.
No Mango OS dunnot decode MQA... but u should try the sound from it... IMO Mango OS is better then MQA for 24 bit or 48kHz above flac song

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #7,010 of 13,478
Ok, I have been busy, and I have thought about this but haven’t posted up yet. It seems like someone is already experiencing the issue with Amp9

The socket may become lose and the sound may be intermittent or 1 channel. It is all due to the socket and it design. I have posted up here a way to fortify the socket at this post.

This is not a design flaws, but rather that some people will have unique applications that may force the Jack to move in some unique way, and so it can easily be damaged. If you take good care of your Amp9, there should not be problem with it whatsoever. Ibasso opted for this due to the unique sizes and limitation of the amp module to fit the NU-Tubes

My method is just to fortify it further, period.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ow-up-for-amp9.791531/page-1433#post-15085063

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #7,011 of 13,478
We have stressed and tested the jack of the AMP9 and all the AMPs and daps. We have almost no failures now due to issues with the jack.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 26, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #7,012 of 13,478
USB DAC mode in iBasso DAPs starting from DX80 is fully handled by XMOS chip. The software in the player knows nothing about this process, and the SoC just sleeps, if you don't touch the screen and buttons.
Same design are used in many dac/amp, and most can display type or rate, Q5 is an example, topping's dx7s too.
Since the document said that DSD512 native only works when it is used as USB-DAC, if nothing is displayed
how do we know it is really natively supported, and not down sampled internally?

Jul 26, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #7,013 of 13,478
Shouldn’t be an issues for any
Same design are used in many dac/amp, and most can display type or rate, Q5 is an example, topping's dx7s too.
Since the document said that DSD512 native only works when it is used as USB-DAC, if nothing is displayed
how do we know it is really natively supported, and not down sampled internally?

The windows driver should display the rate that is being played back. The DSD512 is Extremely Power demanding, and so the DX220 will be very very hot. Take it out of the Leather case, and put on a good cooling surface

The DX220 and Dx200 can both play DSD512 Natively by itself from the MicroSD, if you have it. You are not limited by only USB-DAC
DB824265-B4CF-4F12-B9A1-7841BC6BB641.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #7,017 of 13,478
Been burning my neotech and amp9 during the night..
my normal listening is via Tidal on Android.
Just plugged it into my MAC and manage to get DAC mode to work in Mango and playing Tidal and this thing is even clearer

I don't think it get's much better with this Stellia / Neotech 24 AWG pure silver cable and dx229 crystal clear vocals , no hiss and pure natural vocals and soundstage is just huge. Also love the amp9 think I will swap out to amp9 at some point but want to get the most out of this for now :)

The Bass is so articulate it hot with a hard slam but then comes to a sudden stop making the sound very dynamic and energetic

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #7,018 of 13,478
@marcusd , I have question about the dx220 review on Headfonics.

> OTG Digital Audio worked just fine using a USB-C to micro-USB connection to our trusty RHA DACAMP L1 amp as well as FiiO’s Q5

This is not mentioned in user guide, only in Headfonics' review.
Does the DX220 automatic recognizes external DAC when connected?
Can I do DX220 -> USB -> iFi Miaco iDSD, Topping DX7s,...?

Jul 26, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #7,019 of 13,478
@marcusd , I have question about the dx220 review on Headfonics.

> OTG Digital Audio worked just fine using a USB-C to micro-USB connection to our trusty RHA DACAMP L1 amp as well as FiiO’s Q5

This is not mentioned in user guide, only in Headfonics' review.
Does the DX220 automatic recognizes external DAC when connected?
Can I do DX220 -> USB -> iFi Miaco iDSD, Topping DX7s,...?

That's a difficult question because until you try it you won't know for sure. I can only speak of the ones I have tried to show that digital audio out does work.

I think I might have a IDSD somewhere though to test it tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back